Whats happened to the look of the forum | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Ray Stafford
  • Start date
  • Replies 92
  • Views 20K

Discuss Whats happened to the look of the forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still summat not quite right but can't put my finger on it. It is better though. Thanks

Now, if we could just have an "edit" button in the arms, everything would be wonder-bubble. :)

Now, if we could just have an "edit" button in the arms, everything would be wonder-bubble. :)

There's an edit button in all forums. It's a global setting. There is a time limit on editing a post though. I think it's a hour or so. Notice your mistakes quicker. ;)

The reason we do it is to prevent members posting something, other people quoting it, the thread getting a few pages deep, then if a couple of people change their original text, the quoted text isn't right later in the thread, and it can render some long threads to read a bit useless and out of context.

We've also had issues where friday night drinks have caused a guy to have a few responses from regulars, then he's edited his arsey posts saturday, and it's left regulars looking like plonkers arguing to themselves.

Also had an issue year ago where a regular edited all his posts and he changed every single one to some random word. Rendering about 30% of the forum useless.

Just always wise to have edit times set low.

Last edited:
There's an edit button in all forums. It's a global setting. There is a time limit on editing a post though. I think it's a hour or so. Notice your mistakes quicker. ;)

The reason we do it is to prevent members posting something, other people quoting it, the thread getting a few pages deep, then if a couple of people change their original text, the quoted text isn't right later in the thread, and it can render some long threads to read a bit useless and out of context.

We've also had issues where friday night drinks have caused a guy to have a few responses from regulars, then he's edited his arsey posts saturday, and it's left regulars looking like plonkers arguing to themselves.

Also had an issue year ago where a regular edited all his posts and he changed every single one to some random word. Rendering about 30% of the forum useless.

Just always wise to have edit times set low.

In the arms we have no edit at all dan?
can make a post, can't edit it 10 seconds later.

make up a test profile and see.

This is getting very near to being perfect!

Just one thing seems to be missing.

We used to be able to see who was browsing each thread. It was at the bottom of the screen. Could we have that back please?

I quite enjoy the new layout. Well done Dan, you've done a good job.

It was always worth testing new things out with the site.

is it me or are there loads of highlighted words now that give pop ups!!!!!!!!!!, only does it on the forum not on any other browser, its becoming really annoying

Is it me, or is the forum just generally less busy these days? Doesn't seem as many new posts, or quick replies as there was a couple of years back?

Is it just me, or has the forum changed in appearance?

It still looks the same on my iPad, but on my PC it is only using the middle part of the screen, and the sponsors logos are on the left and more intrusive.

Is there a setting I can change to put it back to how it was, or is this a vBulletin "upgrade"?

part of it is your fault ! keep advertising on the top page :)pmsl

Did not hear back from the rich customer after the quote of £3.7k to do the long gas run in 35mm copper pipe !

Been busy with other jobs , and had a slow week (and have me a chance to relax as from next week going mad again )

still dont like like the Argos look of the forum

Not quite!!!

but i spent 3 years atleast one day a week working in 2 million + houses!!
ive also been brought up around quite a few extremely wealthy people too, that teaches you allot.

Likely hood is customer will now know the score from you on the boilers + gas run.
he will find a fool to connect onto the existing and sting them on the gas run when it doesn't work.

So that's the first type of rich? Greedy, manipulative and a non stop stream of shister! Other one is old money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you read the installation bumf (See...
Replies
Views
Well put Dan, have a good weekend...
Replies
Views
Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
Suggest changing the Kw from Auto to 6kw, also...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could be debris in the loft shower inlet filters
Replies
Views
Back