Where's puddle | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter diamondgas
  • Start date
  • Replies 90
  • Views 1K

Discuss Where's puddle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like women's institute in here tonight! ..... But come on spill the beans!

ask dan he reinstated them,and it's not just me were talking about here,mobbing up will prevent people coming forward,

Well I hope he comes back and things get sorted out. Life is too short to bear grudges.

there ain't one particular thread,we are talking about the guys nature,who he was behind the key board,look at the bigger picture my friend or you'll be left lagging.did you see what i did there,to be honest i bet i'm annoying....?

there ain't one particular thread,we are talking about the guys nature,who he was behind the key board,look at the bigger picture my friend or you'll be left lagging.did you see what i did there,to be honest i bet i'm annoying....?

You seem pretty pleased with yourself.

my pc crashed while making comment on this, in hindsight i have decided to put my comments another way....

puddle is a volunteer on this forum and spends a lot of time trying to improve and maintain the quality of its content and helps making it what it is today, a great place to be for plumbers all over the uk to learn have a banter and chill out.

volunteer is the key word here, not the gaffer at work where you wait like vultures for them to cok up and have your fill, it means you do it for dedication not money and therefore should not be belittled or criticized for making a wrong decision at times (if this is the case) as the praise for making the right decisions is few and far between especially from forum members.

would you like to expand on your last 'glory post' a little desrob as i seem to be getting the wrong end of the stick i believe?.

Guys,

Looking at the post numbers I am very much the newbie here, may I suggest that those who believe they have information use PM and maybe let REDSAW DAN or whoever puts their name forward to help sort this out?

If there has been a misunderstanding I reckon the sooner it's sorted the better for everyone involved, Puddle may be taking a break and that's fine if he is, nothing worse than putting a lot of time and work (even if its fun) into something not being appreciated.

Just my thoughts very early in the AM.

It's entirely possible that Puddles absence has nothing to do with the forum. When I first signed up the forum wasn't that busy and as it got busier I was signed up as a mod. After a while I stopped visiting the forum, nothing to do with the forum but I was having such a bad time at work that I didn't want anything to do with plumbing when I got home at night.

Can I just say, if it is to do with approving threads/posts etc , then I ain't got a clue but I will say that in the mod control panel it is easy to approve threads etc when moderating and not actually realise another mod unapproved it.
Unless the post was reported why it was unapproved.
I will ask the question if that helps.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Mod asking Mod to keep head down? am I reading to much into that :lol: Is big brother watching? As you say though REDSAW we all come here voluntarily. And may I add, will only be missed for a short while by most :)

my pc crashed while making comment on this, in hindsight i have decided to put my comments another way....

puddle is a volunteer on this forum and spends a lot of time trying to improve and maintain the quality of its content and helps making it what it is today, a great place to be for plumbers all over the uk to learn have a banter and chill out.

volunteer is the key word here, not the gaffer at work where you wait like vultures for them to cok up and have your fill, it means you do it for dedication not money and therefore should not be belittled or criticized for making a wrong decision at times (if this is the case) as the praise for making the right decisions is few and far between especially from forum members.

would you like to expand on your last 'glory post' a little desrob as i seem to be getting the wrong end of the stick i believe?.
glory post...why,believe me what do i gain,i'm not on here to be liked,if you don't get fair enough,i try to be honest and don't suffer fools gladly,i believe i'm a good judge of character,so i expect to be let down..glory post nah u got me wrong.

Well the fact that you say we should look at "the man behind the keyboard", we should look at the bigger picture, saying he felt betrayed, and talking about belittling him to his "male core".

You seem rather pleased he's decided to leave, whether he was pushed or not.

I personally think he did a good job on here. Most online forums are full of trolls, who go online to just slag people off. This forum isn't like that. I think it's because the mods are on the case. Even if that does mean the odd edited post.

People can be very brave/rude behind the keyboard....yet wouldn't dream of saying the same things face to face with people.

It'd be understandable IMO if Tony decided to take a break from dedicating his time here should someone not of the profession decide that a decision made by a professional was wrong! It'd pizz me off!!! Should what desrob say regards a post being re-instated, be the case? Especially when he'd been given the accolade of 'supermod' not long back! I'd imagine that caries some personal credibility and acknowledgement of forum etiquette and decorum? I'd be piszed if someone overruled my decision and would at least seek understanding?

But then that's hypothetical TBH .. He may have just died!!!!!

Well the fact that you say we should look at "the man behind the keyboard", we should look at the bigger picture, saying he felt betrayed, and talking about belittling him to his "male core".

You seem rather pleased he's decided to leave, whether he was pushed or not.

I personally think he did a good job on here. Most online forums are full of trolls, who go online to just slag people off. This forum isn't like that. I think it's because the mods are on the case. Even if that does mean the odd edited post.

People can be very brave/rude behind the keyboard....yet wouldn't dream of saying the same things face to face with people.

I agree Danny! I gave Puddle a lot of respect for the way he controlled this space we frequent! I have concerns that he's been sidelined or his credibility compromised! From my point of view that'd be so disrespectful!

Well, hopefully he may read some of the positive comments on this thread, and come back. Its a thankless task.

If this turned into the something like the screwfix forum, I wouldn't bother. I've read bits on it when I've been researching stuff, and it's horrible.

Ego's, 'trolling' and threads that just lead off into slagging matches.

I come and go on here. Depends how busy work is, how well work is going (can't stomach talking plumbing if I've had a stressful day of it) and what's on TV!

Maybe he's just had some down time.

Either way, hope he's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

just get a threaded brass cap
Replies
Views
T
Hi Guys, As some of you know I have been...
Replies
Views
T
R
That answers me question, Well done you.
2 3
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
I
Hi fuzzy. After an interview with the ceo in...
Replies
Views
innertemple
I
Back