worst situation | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter hunterseye
  • Start date
  • Replies 84
  • Views 8K

Discuss worst situation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one I may have shared before ....

Called to do a repair, knocked on the door and a middle aged gent dressed in a pink 'babydoll' dressing gown answered (very effeminate voice) .... He let me in, explained the issue and I quickly diagnosed the need to go upstairs :) His hot water tank, diverter and pump were in the loft!

I borrowed his ladder and he asked if i mind if he has a shower? "Not in the slightest!" I said, some what relieved that he was going to be occupied!

I set up the steps, climbed to the top and just started to lift the loft hatch when I heard the same soft voice say "would you like me to hold the ladder for you?" I looked down and there, bollick naked was he, dripping wet, tackle and all to see!

Here's one I may have shared before ....

Called to do a repair, knocked on the door and a middle aged gent dressed in a pink 'babydoll' dressing gown answered (very effeminate voice) .... He let me in, explained the issue and I quickly diagnosed the need to go upstairs :) His hot water tank, diverter and pump were in the loft!

I borrowed his ladder and he asked if i mind if he has a shower? "Not in the slightest!" I said, some what relieved that he was going to be occupied!

I set up the steps, climbed to the top and just started to lift the loft hatch when I heard the same soft voice say "would you like me to hold the ladder for you?" I looked down and there, bollick naked was he, dripping wet, tackle and all to see!

HA!!! Brilliant. What did you do?

HA!!! Brilliant. What did you do?

I puffed my chest out and in the deepest possible bloke like Geordie voice said "echemmmm! No its alreet mate I can manage on me own!!!" .. Words to that effect ... Pushed the loft hatch up and climbed in. I had a loft light already plugged in so I didn't have to climb down, thank God!!! :) I have this image burnt into my cortex though!! Shakin my head doesn't get it to go away, that was about 8yrs ago!!!

I was cutting through a central heating pipe after draining the system. Unfortunately it hadn't drained fully and the cutting wheel on my slice broke! Water through the ceiling whilst I panicked, got another slice and plugged the pipe with my finger!

Refilling a central heating system and hearing a gush of water and then remembering that I hadn't tightened a compression joint in a stud wall!

Washer split in a fill valve, turned water on in loft, came down to see water spraying out, ran back into loft and isolate pipe. Checked damage to see water running down the walls in the kitchen. Customer was ace, he simple said "take a seat and have a coffee and 5 mins"!

Now you'll all think I'm a rubbish plumber, but we all learn from mistakes!

I puffed my chest out and in the deepest possible bloke like Geordie voice said "echemmmm! No its alreet mate I can manage on me own!!!" .. Words to that effect ... Pushed the loft hatch up and climbed in. I had a loft light already plugged in so I didn't have to climb down, thank God!!! :) I have this image burnt into my cortex though!! Shakin my head doesn't get it to go away, that was about 8yrs ago!!!

There are more nut jobs out than in!! Horrible mate. Funny though.

Ive read that too tamz!! Tamz.... U R A LEGEND! That is 1 hell of a awsum story!! Was laughing and had to read the story to the missus!

not had anything to bad really, a mate of mine had a bad day when he found the neighbour to the house he was working in dead sat outside on a chair.

Plumber who fitted my mothers bathroom when i was a kid took the floor up for renewal and while down at his van my dad went to the toilet...... the problem was my dad was totally blind :laugh:

Last edited:
not had anything to bad really, a mate of mine had a bad day when he found the neighbour to the house he was working in dead sat outside on a chair.

Plumber who fitted my mothers bathroom when i was a kid took the floor up for renewal and while down at his van my dad went to the toilet...... the problem was my dad was totally blind :laugh:

Ooooouch!!!!

Yeah, we do...... :)

No. Just an honest plumber. True what you say.

A plumber (or any tradesman for that matter) who claims never to have made a mistake is either a liar or not very experienced - either way not someone you want carrying out work for you!

On the other hand I've fixed leaks, blockages etc and had loads of very happy customers - that's when plumbing is rewarding!

I was cutting through a central heating pipe after draining the system. Unfortunately it hadn't drained fully and the cutting wheel on my slice broke! Water through the ceiling whilst I panicked, got another slice and plugged the pipe with my finger!

Refilling a central heating system and hearing a gush of water and then remembering that I hadn't tightened a compression joint in a stud wall!

Washer split in a fill valve, turned water on in loft, came down to see water spraying out, ran back into loft and isolate pipe. Checked damage to see water running down the walls in the kitchen. Customer was ace, he simple said "take a seat and have a coffee and 5 mins"!

Now you'll all think I'm a rubbish plumber, but we all learn from mistakes!
No one thinks your a rubbish plumber mate. like you said. we all learn from our mistakes. my old gaffer used to say to me. " you've done nowt til you've f##### something up. Very true

A plumber (or any tradesman for that matter) who claims never to have made a mistake is either a liar or not very experienced - either way not someone you want carrying out work for you!

On the other hand I've fixed leaks, blockages etc and had loads of very happy customers - that's when plumbing is rewarding!

I've left leaks, caused blockages, brought down ceilings, flooded houses, chipped furniture had a few unhappy customers and i once threw a cat out an upstairs window. You learn from your mistakes. Even the cat learned not to brush against me again :lol:

Ive read that too tamz!! Tamz.... U R A LEGEND! That is 1 hell of a awsum story!! Was laughing and had to read the story to the missus!

Aye, laugh at the old plumber :lol: It is funny as f now but it wasn't when i was a boy standing there with the toilet paper and turds hanging from me :lol: :lol:

Aye, laugh at the old plumber :lol: It is funny as f now but it wasn't when i was a boy standing there with the toilet paper and turds hanging from me :lol: :lol:

I think I can still smell you from here Tamz, any chance of a courtesy shower? :rofl:

I've left leaks, caused blockages, brought down ceilings, flooded houses, chipped furniture had a few unhappy customers and i once threw a cat out an upstairs window. You learn from your mistakes. Even the cat learned not to brush against me again :lol:

I've not yet brought down a ceiling or flooded a house fully so I'm still learning!

Playing with meters for now, shocking how badly some are installed though!

Ur awsum tamz, bet ull be great to work alongside. I wouldnt be doing any plumbing ill be like a kid hearing off the storyteller. Haha i could actually picture you thinking "s***!" when you removed that blockage in the drain pipe :)

I've not yet brought down a ceiling or flooded a house fully so I'm still learning!

Playing with meters for now, shocking how badly some are installed though!

Only thing you've got to worry about is leaving someone with no heating in the freezing cold come the winter then eh? lol :)

Only thing you've got to worry about is leaving someone with no heating in the freezing cold come the winter then eh? lol :)

I'll leave them a portable fan heater?!?

I donate cutting people off but it goes with the job, I'd hate it even more to leave something dangerous and someone get hurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
So, I solved this with a pan connector with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
No, social housing landlord 😳
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks for your response mate. Im not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the responses, I'll be on the phone...
Replies
Views
Back