worst situation | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter hunterseye
  • Start date
  • Replies 84
  • Views 8K

Discuss worst situation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys who work in factory's really know how to dump, they save it up and make an event out of it.
I used to work with a guy 'big Kenny' when he went it everyone hanging around inside came straight out.

I'll leave them a portable fan heater?!?

I donate cutting people off but it goes with the job, I'd hate it even more to leave something dangerous and someone get hurt!

Just had my meters converted to the 'smart' metering today and was quizing the guy on his quals ... shocking that they don't involve appliances!!!! Leaves them no alternative than to turn off if they can't light the pilot! That's British Gas For You!!! :)

I was on the way home one Friday when the office phoned and asked if I could squeeze in an extra job. It was only a leaky rad in an old people's sheltered flat type place around the corner from me.

I got to the flat and the warden was there, she said the carpet was ringing wet under the rad in the lounge. On inspection I saw it was absolutely ringing wet. So being a Friday and two mins from home I just sat in the wet carpet and checked the rad valves, they where sound. I sat there puzzled, and then the smell hit me, the old boy had just decided to take the biggest wee all over the floor, and yours truly was sitting in it.

I told the warden and ran to the van and went home for a bath.

Just had my meters converted to the 'smart' metering today and was quizing the guy on his quals ... shocking that they don't involve appliances!!!! Leaves them no alternative than to turn off if they can't light the pilot! That's British Gas For You!!! :)

It's not brilliant but they can get out service and repair to sort it. Where about are you DG?
Stupid thing is that they do train you on flues, ventilation etc and wouldn't take much more to do appliances!

I was on the way home one Friday when the office phoned and asked if I could squeeze in an extra job. It was only a leaky rad in an old people's sheltered flat type place around the corner from me.

I got to the flat and the warden was there, she said the carpet was ringing wet under the rad in the lounge. On inspection I saw it was absolutely ringing wet. So being a Friday and two mins from home I just sat in the wet carpet and checked the rad valves, they where sound. I sat there puzzled, and then the smell hit me, the old boy had just decided to take the biggest wee all over the floor, and yours truly was sitting in it.

That's a good one, the one time to actually want to be sat in black rad water.

It's not brilliant but they can get out service and repair to sort it. Where about are you DG?
Stupid thing is that they do train you on flues, ventilation etc and wouldn't take much more to do appliances!

Newcastle .. got a phone call regards changing te meters and thought, yeh go for it! :) The Engineer use to work for a sub contract company BG bought out! Now he works for them ... consiquently his CCN1 has been reduced? .. *sigh* I think that's sad!!!

Hower it detracts from the op's post :)

Installing a washing machine point upstairs in Lady A***'s house Bath. I am up in a small roof void in downstairs bog connecting up the waste, in comes Lady A, doesnt see my boots danglin down, she then (I didnt look) drops her undies does a huge fart and has a pee without seein me. Sound of bog flushing and off she goes still without seein me.

centralheatking

Installing a washing machine point upstairs in Lady A***'s house Bath. I am up in a small roof void in downstairs bog connecting up the waste, in comes Lady A, doesnt see my boots danglin down, she then (I didnt look) drops her undies does a huge fart and has a pee without seein me. Sound of bog flushing and off she goes still without seein me.

centralheatking
HAHAHA Classic. Can't stop laughing now

Cut what i thought was the primary flow to a boiler mate thermal store......

It was'nt primary flow, 28mm plastic....

Cold mains, got a bit wet that day

She should have called in a urologist, not a plumber! LMAO at your post ... magic! lol

My fave thread ever! Lol haven't done anything too outrageous YET! Few spills on carpets etc my time as duct fitter was different near death experiences everyday but it just felt normal. Looking back tho was ridiculous the things we done for a few quid!! Bloke I've worked with says if you've had no leaks you ain't working hard enough

Last edited:
What makes me shake with fear is not the disasters behind you but the ones in front!

spindle of a valve came out in my hand hot water 6th floor of great ormand st hospital

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a apprentice who crossed the 15mm gas line under the floor with the 15mm water main.

Last I heard he is now a dentist.

I was once working in a residential care home for special needs people, to repair a toilet. Went in to wetroom, removed cistern from pan, twisted to side and started to remove siphon from toilet. Turned back round to the side to find a half naked old mental patient taking a dump on the toilet I'd just taken to bits.

I didn't know what to do other than run out shouting HELP! The response I got was a care nurse sprinting down the hall, shouting "BRENDA!!! PUT YOUR PANTS BACK ON RIGHT NOW!"

Scarred for life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:
I was once working in a residential care home for special needs people, to repair a toilet. Went in to wetroom, removed cistern from pan, twisted to side and started to remove siphon from toilet. Turned back round to the side to find a half naked old mental patient taking a dump on the toilet I'd just taken to bits.

I didn't know what to do other than run out shouting HELP! The response I got was a care nurse sprinting down the hall, shouting "BRENDA!!! PUT YOUR F***ING PANTS BACK ON RIGHT NOW!"

Scarred for life.

Lmfao @this

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't know what to do other than run out shouting HELP! The response I got was a care nurse sprinting down the hall, shouting "BRENDA!!! PUT YOUR F***ING PANTS BACK ON RIGHT NOW!"

Scarred for life.

Ha Ha Ha! Hilarious...not the metal patient but the situation.

:rofl:

Ha Ha Ha! Hilarious...not the metal patient but the situation.

:rofl:

I've worked in loads of these places, and some of the people I've met, and situations I've been in are crazy. Too many to list. This example was the first time I'd ever worked in a mental home too lol

I've worked in loads of these places, and some of the people I've met, and situations I've been in are crazy. Too many to list. This example was the first time I'd ever worked in a mental home too lol

What made you become aware she was behind you?

The grunting and plopping noises eminating from her body!!

In my second year of apprenticeship , I was in a flat in edinburgh , where a guy owned the flats on the first and second floor, the second floor flats 4" was badly laid (cheap landlord job) , and was continually blocking and the rodding point at the hatch in the floor was leaking waste down to his flat below , not nice, so went to inspect it , right enough well choked , rods would only reach two metres to first bend, so I went to the downstairs flat, we removed the roof which was about to come in anyway , so we could inspect the first bend where rods were catching , anyway my gaffer upstairs was on the rods, so we decided that I would hold the joint section so he could give the rods some forc, however the joiner standing in the wee bath room at the end of the hall was a bit too quick to shout ready , which was actually my call, and when my gaffer shouted you ready, the joiner (lovely guy btw) shouted back almost , which through the floor must have sounded like ready to my gaffer. He the gave it some welly on the rods, and of course iwas literally just putting my hands up , too late joint came apart , and about 4 metres of three to five day old student filled 4" waste came down on my head, but for me what made me smile was when it happened the bathroom at the end of the hall, near to where i was had a wee shower cubicle in it, and this joiner he is a big guy , moved liked usain bolt straight in the cubicle as the flood descended and to add insult to injury when I followed, he pulled the door shut on me, well a golden shower would have been ok , this was rotten , and Ive been in some ****ty stuff before doing clearances, but this , man .... worked on though got job done, and customer happy. not a great day ...

Or the time as a 1st year , gaffer with open pipes in a bathroom 22 cold main, told me to go and turn the hot GV in the cylinder cupboard , however I turned what was apparently the wrong valve , and when he screamed in shock, I run through, then he screams some profanities at me , I run back , and cant remember what valve was what ! I learned that day to either mark the pipes or PAY ATTENTION...

some great stories here, loved the tranny one made me lol...

2 things happened in the 4 1/2 yrs in the trade.

just started 3 months in.
hungover one day circular saw through hot and cold pipes whilst taking floorboards up. resulting flood took the kitchen ceiling down. put it all right though and still do work for cust, never drunk night before ever again.

in June this year rodding a drain in the pouring rain i was proper miserable and wanting to get it done fast. rod down manhole cover and really giving it some welly. slipped on some moss face flat straight in drain. cust laughing his bristol cities off.
turds and bog roll all over my head throwing up everywhere and cursing enough to make a saint blush. never told anyone till now not even my missus.

its an acquired taste

:iamwithstupid:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
So, I solved this with a pan connector with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
No, social housing landlord 😳
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks for your response mate. Im not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the responses, I'll be on the phone...
Replies
Views
Back