ARCHOVED Magic Heating Box - Magic Thermodynamics Box | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 5 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ARCHOVED Magic Heating Box - Magic Thermodynamics Box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Magic Heating Box - Magic Thermodynamics Box

Point noted but half of this thread was asking them for proof of how it worked and they weren't forthcoming. We're still waiting.

And clearly it's part of my job to fight tooth and nail to keep decent posts like those ones.
I'm not losing my house over some bloke I've never met calling a product I've never seen a scam.

Keep it constructive and let's have this out properly. We now have the inventor, a distributor (I assume - the solicitor says) and many others interested in the thread (albeit for different reasons). Apparently you don't know anything about the product Alistair just said on the phone to me. And he said he's invited many to a training day and nobody has attended. I'm assuming it's because they're chargeable but I might be wrong.

Let's help keep the thread alive by posting to it well within the forum rules though. :)

I'm pretty happy with what's left now in the sense that it isn't defaming a brand or person or product. Just going to tripple check now.

Totally agree - you've got to keep it legal, otherwise the perpetrators of the alleged S-word can make even more money by suing an innocent message board. Just one question if I may - when you say "on a solicitor's request", would that be from your own solicitor, or from one of the Magic Box peoples' solicitors?

I would LOVE to attend a training day for this. Would happily travel across the country to attend and could pick up fellow members on route. How bout it magic box?

Magic Heating Box - Magic Thermodynamics Box

I would LOVE to attend a training day for this. Would happily travel across the country to attend and could pick up fellow members on route. How bout it magic box?

Il come. Never been charged for a manufacturers specific course before, but would give a day to learn magic!

Last edited:

P.s thanks for not closing this thread. I'm sure it would be all too easy to make it vanish... As if by magic!

The inventor was asked to give more info but didnt
If I was trying to sell a product that I believed was revolutionary in the heating industry I'd be pushing the statistics and the info to back it up
Not stating that it won an award but the info is to blurred in picture to see it properly
We all seem to be in agreement its basically a low loss header of sorts
If the inventor wants to come on and tell us more about this product then maybe we won't be thinking its a shame

unfortunately in this extremely litigious society we've all got to be careful and there are certain words we can't use anymore, irrespective of the subject or what we think.

Should we do so Dan would be carrying the can. Which could ultimately mean no more UKPF.

It may walk like a duck, and it may quack like a duck. we just can't call it a duck anymore.

However, in the case of this thread, I would suggest the proprietors of the magic box company offer the training they say is available and let us then hear from sources we know and trust.

Totally agree - you've got to keep it legal, otherwise the perpetrators of the alleged S-word can make even more money by suing an innocent message board. Just one question if I may - when you say "on a solicitor's request", would that be from your own solicitor, or from one of the Magic Box peoples' solicitors?

Due to the nature of the situation, I cannot confirm or deny that either way.

I love your tongue-in-cheek replies but please do try to keep this thread (and all others of similar nature) constructive.

It allows me to keep the threads alive then, which is all good.

Alistair said he's contacted all of you already for training, is that not the case then?

I love your tongue-in-cheek replies but please do try to keep this thread (and all others of similar nature) constructive.

Alistair said he's contacted all of you already for training, is that not the case then?

No not the case at all

The inventor was asked to give more info but didnt
If I was trying to sell a product that I believed was revolutionary in the heating industry I'd be pushing the statistics and the info to back it up
Not stating that it won an award but the info is to blurred in picture to see it properly
We all seem to be in agreement its basically a low loss header of sorts
If the inventor wants to come on and tell us more about this product then maybe we won't be thinking its a shame

Fact is, no professional will install a product they don't understand. Totally ridiculous marketing strategy.

Rather than aiming the product at plumbers, its being pushed on consumers.

If this product really was revolutionary, WB would have already ripped off their own version of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ive heard nothing of the sort. I would love the opportunity.

Surely if it worked as is claimed and has patents in place why can't we get an idea of what it is and how it works, Keeping it a mystery from the very people who should know isn't the best marketing ploy! How do we explain to potential customers what it is and how it works when we are kept in the dark.
I don't think that telling the customer it's magic is going to clinch a sale.

If this product really was revolutionary...
... we'd know about it and be fighting in our local plumber's merchants for the last one. Shame it's come to this as a good product should be sold to the installer rather than directly - and solely to the consumer. How am I supposed to tell my customers how good this thing is if I don't understand the inner workings of it myself?

If there's a free training course on offer then sign me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for this summary advice ... I have...
Replies
Views
That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
Best watch dude, they might try and sue you :p
Replies
Views
IDCHAPPY
I
The only opening in a built in gas meter box...
Replies
Views
I used Uheat once. They didn't give me a...
Replies
Views
Back