Auto balance trv and Ideal Vogue boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Auto balance trv and Ideal Vogue boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump.

I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate) based on other parameters, my understanding is that auto balancing is only effective when their is constant flow.

Any help to demystify is appreciated

Except the pump menu has other settings then those two settings should mean what they say, if the pump has a 7M head at 100% then it will have a 7*(70/100)^2, 3.43M head at 70% speed but the flowrate through the system will be (70/100) or 70% of the 100% flowrate.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi John, yes I think you are spot on, if the...
Replies
Views
A RGI may be able (on advice) to range rate...
Replies
Views
I would set the internal bypass to its max...
Replies
Views
Getting some progress on boiler room...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
P
Mr Speaker: I'm tempted to draught a sarcastic...
Replies
Views
Back