Boiler Heat Exchanger busted | Boilers | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Heat Exchanger busted in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Well Bosch are saying they will come round and charge £315 in total to change anything that is needed to be changed? That includes heat exchanger, pump, etc. Would that be a good option?
You can but to me, a boiler in that condition needs changing. But it’s your call. A new boiler with possibly a 10 year warranty. Or repair the old one?

I get what you're saying Harvest Fields. I'm selling the house so I'm in 2 minds about it and tbh it's only 5 years old... so with a complete refresh from Bosch I can't see too much harm getting it repaired with some fresh components. I equally could buy an Ideal or something for 900 or so and get it fitted... still means the system might need to be flushed out before this is all done.

I get what you're saying Harvest Fields. I'm selling the house so I'm in 2 minds about it and tbh it's only 5 years old... so with a complete refresh from Bosch I can't see too much harm getting it repaired with some fresh components. I equally could buy an Ideal or something for 900 or so and get it fitted... still means the system might need to be flushed out before this is all done.
True. If you go with Worcester. Get it in an email, that there are no hidden costs and that it will definitely be repaired. They will probably also want you to take out a 12 month insurance policy with them. Make sure this isn’t also extra.

They said I had 2 options, one being repair boiler all in all cost of £315, or take out yearly insurance of £375 part+lab+callout included. Will choose option 1 once system as been cleaned. Tbf maybe just using chemicals to flush the system out is enough rather than having to power flush?

They said I had 2 options, one being repair boiler all in all cost of £315, or take out yearly insurance of £375 part+lab+callout included. Will choose option 1 once system as been cleaned. Tbf maybe just using chemicals to flush the system out is enough rather than having to power flush?
Not in my experience. Only one way to tell though.
Nothing beats a powerflush

System would need a flush as part of install

Hmm I guess. Hopefully it's just a bunch of airlocking/some sludge and a good clean with chemicals left to descale the system will be enough. Is flushing the system a hard thing to do (not power flush)? Shall we clean the F&E tank manually (remove any sludge before it's drained?)? Not entirely sure the full process A-Z of cleaning the system with chemicals (something like sentinal x300)?

Hmm I guess. Hopefully it's just a bunch of airlocking/some sludge and a good clean with chemicals left to descale the system will be enough. Is flushing the system a hard thing to do (not power flush)? Shall we clean the F&E tank manually (remove any sludge before it's drained?)? Not entirely sure the full process A-Z of cleaning the system with chemicals (something like sentinal x300)?
X800 will be what is needed.

You’re going to spend more doing a proper flush and repairing the boiler and installing a magnaclean etc

You’re going to spend more doing a proper flush and repairing the boiler and installing a magnaclean etc
Flush is going to be needed either way though right? Boiler repair is £315 and magnaclean is £90 + £50 fitting (from my gas dude), that's £450. New boiler + flush is gonna be at least double that i'd assume...

10 year warranty on the hex how old is the boiler

get worcester to supply you with a nex hex then get a local gas guy or worcester to fit as your in london rates can differ alot

Similar plumbing topics

You’re 200 miles away - he is there. You’re...
Replies
Views
Someone has said, he wouldnt of plumbed it as...
Replies
Views
I am only telling you what I have seen. I...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back