Boiler Heat Exchanger busted | Boilers | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Heat Exchanger busted in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Was about to say that. But looking at the picture that isn’t a bad deal from Worcester. Especially if they said they would change the pump also.

they wont as its not a worcester part eg boiler part

Yeah that wilo yonos pico pump was fine he said

IMG_20190610_200213281.jpg

Thing i didn't understand is when i turned it to vent mode (set in the middle) i had no idea where it was venting air from..... there's no escape valve...

That’s a problem that goes back way further than recent work you’ve had done. Get Worcester to repair the boiler, get someone to powerflush the system and investigate why the problem occurred in the first place. I can’t see in the airing cupboard pic but is there a bypass and is it open? Also it might be that air is getting into the system.

could of just airlocked in the first place so might be no fault

Yeah I called them up and they registered it for me :D

This is what's messed up with this trade at the moment. A boiler in stalled by a bg engineer but not by so a cash install that wont be registered with building control not registered with Worcester phone them up 5 years later and they register it.

No other trade would have that but ours just gets screwed over.

This is what's messed up with this trade at the moment. A boiler in stalled by a bg engineer but not by so a cash install that wont be registered with building control not registered with Worcester phone them up 5 years later and they register it.

No other trade would have that but ours just gets screwed over.

Also guy who installed it wasn’t gas safe as they arnt qualified out of hours / do jobs on there own time but many do

Also guy who installed it wasn’t gas safe as they arnt qualified out of hours / do jobs on there own time but many do

That's what I mean.

Worcester should turn around and say hahaha tough boobies (I'm guessing the other words I'd use would be blocked :)) you should of got it done properly now pay to get it repaired or replaced.

Fit a lot of these boilers at work. Have had terrible trouble with some of them airlocking.

They do exactly what you have described. My money would be on that.

Millsy 82 I guess you haven't got an actual say on the situation (i.e. what one would do) rather than the initial installation that I had no control over o_O

Hmm KingDoey it's kinda funny because I did think it was an airlock but that PP was convinced it's sludge. I find it interesting how if it is an airlock, bleeding rads doesn't solve the issue...

Similar plumbing topics

You’re 200 miles away - he is there. You’re...
Replies
Views
Someone has said, he wouldnt of plumbed it as...
Replies
Views
I am only telling you what I have seen. I...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back