Brother Refurb | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Brother Refurb in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
now what ever you do dont fall through your holes where the floor boards were

now what ever you do dont fall through your holes where the floor boards were

Haha I'll try not to.. So I'm having to run pipes along the joist rather then across, is it best Tijuana clip them to the side, flow above return?

Haha I'll try not to.. So I'm having to run pipes along the joist rather then across, is it best Tijuana clip them to the side, flow above return?

Tbh it doesn't matter which ever is easier for you or you can fit timbers and run them in the centre of the joists if you have space (cross brace the joists)

Tbh it doesn't matter which ever is easier for you or you can fit timbers and run them in the centre of the joists if you have space (cross brace the joists)

Ok cool.. That's what they did before (cross brace) so I'll just run it the same way. They just rested the pipes on the cross, do I not need to clip them?

Ok cool.. That's what they did before (cross brace) so I'll just run it the same way. They just rested the pipes on the cross, do I not need to clip them?

Yea need to clip them something like every 6' ish

Yea need to clip them something like every 6' ish

afac00e04e12055916238a7251f60cc2.jpg

I take it this is cross beam? Most of pipework is 8mm :/

In a way yes but mean more like this

image.jpg

See the timber on the bottom of the pic with hair felt on like that for anything like 15-22mm if using 8-10mm just clip it on the side of the joists

In a way yes but mean more like this

View attachment 27296

See the timber on the bottom of the pic with hair felt on like that for anything like 15-22mm if using 8-10mm just clip it on the side of the joists

Ah ok... I'll see in the morning what route I'll take.. Thanks Shaun ;)

Last question, sorry, why is it you put felt at each joist/clip??

Last question, sorry, why is it you put felt at each joist/clip??

Not a problem Stop noise and allow for expansion (no squeaks when heating up of solid pipes eg 15-22mm etc)

Not a problem Stop noise and allow for expansion (no squeaks when heating up of solid pipes eg 15-22mm etc)

Ah ok.. I've got to run the heating pipe above the boiler and the gas/water below, it's gonna look a bit pooh with a filter above the boiler :/ also makes a filling loop a bit of a challenge - think I'll have to have a rethink in the morning

Ah ok.. I've got to run the heating pipe above the boiler and the gas/water below, it's gonna look a bit pooh with a filter above the boiler :/ also makes a filling loop a bit of a challenge - think I'll have to have a rethink in the morning

Tbh you will be fine what boiler has he gone for ?

It doesn't come with the boiler, but just buy an internal one.

Use there internal filling loop new design should come with the boiler

You sure I'm sure they new keyless one came with the new junior Is ?

I'll see if PlumbCenter has it in stock - fingers crossed

If you get stuck I've got plenty of the old type if you want one ( the key ones)

Progress report: boilers hung boiler, removed rest of redundant pipework, started piping up main run

92dd9a7ed4e2a11f368675bebf3afc9d.jpg
f184b86a45aa7085465e93b3ed44d560.jpg
e4156ea1d22bb361bb376c302f5e722c.jpg
8e77d01dbf47a12fa60b3add74c86fe1.jpg
3b966a44485992a22c615bfb56171ad6.jpg
6f2d6e5f7bb5bc05fe3a579690c5d98d.jpg
51bd980888118b802c489391b19a80cc.jpg
18f59940a7754a12f7801e2401c57263.jpg

I'm slow with pipework so I'm running behind now - tomorrow is my last full day to get everything done :/

looks fine jay who drilled the flue hole wrong :D

and you do know the filter could be put inline ? (didnt need to use the pieces of pipe that come with it)

looks fine jay who drilled the flue hole wrong :D

and you do know the filter could be put inline ? (didnt need to use the pieces of pipe that come with it)

Haha though I'd put in some natural draft ventilation!!

I'm stuck on something: 5th picture down. I've got to tee off to the notched joist to run it along towards the wall but it's clipped so close - not sure how to get round this???

this one jay?

3b966a44485992a22c615bfb56171ad6.jpg

would do it like this if i understand right

jay.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you so much - really appreciate the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
I will have to experiment like you said and...
Replies
Views
N
No blockage in soil pipe? Was he a plumber or...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
Back