Brother Refurb | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 5 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Brother Refurb in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
What that is Jay, is an extension Multikwik you can even still see were they have cut it to the required length.

As with all Multikwiks I would never try to re-use one, for what they cost always buy a new one.

Agree, why reuse a cheap part and run the risk of it weeping after so much time and effort put in.

What that is Jay, is an extension Multikwik you can even still see were they have cut it to the required length.

As with all Multikwiks I would never try to re-use one, for what they cost always buy a new one.

Not quite sure from your description where is the new pan going ? I take it the new soil will have to turn 90deg to the left or right then what?

So is it a standard extension? Rubbers on one end going into 110mm and 110mm open end on the other?

So the new pan would be rotated 90 to the right to the adjacent wall. So the new soil will turn 90 to the right, 90 by the corner of the wall and then a 90 pan connector- total distance of about 1 meter (ish)

This is a temp connection until we replace the stack and then I'll move the pipework so there's only 1 elbow

OK, this is how I would do it - Remove that old one & check the spigot end size as I can't remember top of my head size of asbestos (make sure you get the same size).
Next check the depth back from inside to the stack, if you can get way with a fixed length 90deg connector then great if not then go with another extension & cut it to size then a bent 90 but it must have the socket to suit the old pans (No1) something like a MKB21 or 22 (page 70 in the below) but check cos I only had a very quick look.

You can now run the rest in 110 soil, couple of clips to stop it moving on all them flexible joints (solvent soil pipe please Jay we are pro's after all LOL) the soil will go into the Multikwik socket just put a good chamfer on the end, lub up both & make sure the Multikwik last fin you see is facing back down into the socket.
Don't need to tell you the rest.

Have fun.

http://www.multikwik.com/media/1047/e4649_ma_multikwik_tech-spec_book_finalpdf.pdf

Last edited:
OK, this is how I would do it - Remove that old one & check the spigot end size as I can't remember top of my head size of asbestos (make sure you get the same size).
Next check the depth back from inside to the stack, if you can get way with a fixed length 90deg connector then great if not then go with another extension & cut it to size then a bent 90 but it must have the socket to suit the old pans (No1) something like a MKB21 or 22 (page 70 in the below) but check cos I only had a very quick look.

You can now run the rest in 110 soil, couple of clips to stop it moving on all them flexible joints (solvent soil pipe please Jay we are pro's after all LOL) the soil will go into the Multikwik socket just put a good chamfer on the end, lub up both & make sure the Multikwik last fin you see is facing back down into the socket.
Don't need to tell you the rest.

Have fun.

http://www.multikwik.com/media/1047/e4649_ma_multikwik_tech-spec_book_finalpdf.pdf

exactly what i had in mind too mate.

So finally finished all the work at my brothers!! And I must say, what fantastic experience it has been. I know I'll get slated for how the toilet waste had to get done but it was so tight I had no other way of doing it.. ce la vie! He also didn't want the basin waste run externally so again, no other choice. But tested both toilet and basin and both drain fine with no issues - I know it's not ideal but I had to improvise

b1763b41454122f80880e0faae096c9a.jpg

783c9bec854c587244dcb7a5f36b4780.jpg

5956b9b07b1de0a2528d5c6b3b90d4d6.jpg

c67d8e71e0d3ccd8f678f4a8faf56aa7.jpg

01c7a9812314f7b11e1878bc3689e5c9.jpg

least you thought ahead incase of sagging and needs must until he changes his stack

Looks really good.

Only issue I can see is the ball valves feeding the towel rail. Pet hate and not rated for central heating.

Not so sure, is that a rise at the end?

And that bath panel needs a bit of filler! :smilielol5:

No rise, I made sure of that.. haha I've left my brother with the task of trimming 20mm off the panel and fitting it.. I wanted to come home and see my girls :)

Looks really good.

Only issue I can see is the ball valves feeding the towel rail. Pet hate and not rated for central heating.

Yeah I fitted them while the tiler was there and then decided to leave them. I've seen on Plumber Parts YouTube videos that he fits ISO valves on some rads so I thought it was ok - first time I've done it to be fair and if they're not good then it'll be the last! Cheers for the info Sir ;)

Yeah I fitted them while the tiler was there and then decided to leave them. I've seen on Plumber Parts YouTube videos that he fits ISO valves on some rads so I thought it was ok - first time I've done it to be fair and if they're not good then it'll be the last! Cheers for the info Sir ;)

As soon as there touched / off they leak but other than that just a pet hate

If I ever have to drain the system I'll take them off - but for now they're staying lol

So glad you mentioned a tiler Jay because I know her indoors would be having a gentle word about why no round holes in the floor tiles and having chrome pipes coming up not copper if she was paying you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you so much - really appreciate the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
I will have to experiment like you said and...
Replies
Views
N
No blockage in soil pipe? Was he a plumber or...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
Back