Brother Refurb | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Brother Refurb in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
6d5df1b1b3ae5558acc669359d874cf6.jpg
5265633692e26fb5c4216d41e70b7d3e.jpg

And the best bit of plumbing I did all weekend was this beauty!!!!

1d12cffafde090657bda545ead7c6d84.jpg

A temp solution until next weekend! Lol

All heating, cold and hot water pipework renewed, new boiler, gutted bathroom ready for the bathroom refurb now!! Happy days.. Saving my brother a small fortune in labour costs!!! Lol

All heating, cold and hot water pipework renewed, new boiler, gutted bathroom ready for the bathroom refurb now!! Happy days.. Saving my brother a small fortune in labour costs!!! Lol

But not in beer costs ;)

Thank's for the up date's Jay.......enjoy your well earned beer fella....regards Turnpin:yes:

Well done Jay, I know hes your Bro but don't sell yourself to cheap! your doing him a bloody good favour but when he sells the place will he hand over some dollar for helping him??

I would like to like so...

Well done Jay, I know hes your Bro but don't sell yourself to cheap! your doing him a bloody good favour but when he sells the place will he hand over some dollar for helping him??

I would like to like so...

He said when things settle down he'll sort me out.. Tbh I'm not bothered, I don't get to see him that often so it was nice to spend some time with him, got some great experience from it and enjoyed it.. But I'm sure he'll chuck me a few quid, he did do when I fitted a shower for him - he bought me a Makita radio too :) bless him

They are good radios

Just thought I'd share some pics of some work I did at my brothers...

8717ce3e26c0c894c7247da27aaf7758.jpg

de6ae6f8dd80df168080dab91fb2f8ff.jpg

4f347aa719da646e92d8b40cb980ce42.jpg

2c49417d6b4fa87154569f7f0bc98f4e.jpg

505bae254fd0fcb4251507f4321b0a87.jpg

df5ea340208769194cf058b760f7152d.jpg

Very good jay

Neat work jay....I do love speed fit cap's myself...ha ha.....regards Turnpin:wink:

Where would we be without pushfit stopends eh!! ;)

Tamz, he really does - i enjoyed every bit of it. A complete replumb of his house - a great project and great experience for me - but he owes me a few cegs of beer lol

Top work Jay. Always nice to see somebody taking pride in their work.

Looking good Jay, keep the photos and get some after when the tiling is done so you can use them for your website/FB page.

That should give your confidence level a massive boost Jay. :yes:

Well done Jay! Hope your brother thanks you for all your work.
Just a couple of things I notice I would have done in a different way, although nothing wrong with way you did it - could you not use a bender to bend pipes square plus a kick upwards at the valves near floor and also bent square bends through wall near floor (with pipes out of line to allow verticals). Much quicker and easier one piece and less solder fittings. Square bends are better as you don't need to worry about bending an exact other angle

Well done Jay! Hope your brother thanks you for all your work.
Just a couple of things I notice I would have done in a different way, although nothing wrong with way you did it - could you not use a bender to bend pipes square plus a kick upwards at the valves near floor and also bent square bends through wall near floor (with pipes out of line to allow verticals). Much quicker and easier one piece and less solder fittings. Square bends are better as you don't need to worry about bending an exact other angle

It's weird, I normally only bend kicks and offsets, but not for 90s.. dunno why really. I could have done but I just didn't think about bending the 90s ;)

Well spotted.. he's taking the rest of the bathroom back as it's a pile of pooh!

I fitted a bathroom suite a couple of weeks ago with the same bath. I thought the toilet and basin were fine but I said to him he should of let me get the stuff as the bath was flimsy as anything.

I fitted a bathroom suite a couple of weeks ago with the same bath. I thought the toilet and basin were fine but I said to him he should of let me get the stuff as the bath was flimsy as anything.

Yeah the outer legs are crap! Bath feels pretty solid though.. but then I've not stood in it lol my brother went to assemble the units and none of the holes matched up.. got a replacement and same thing. He's gonna get a refund and go to howdens to get a different basin/toilet suite

I'm doing the rest of the bathroom today - toilet, basin and towel rail. The toilet is changing location to the adjacent wall. It's connected to an asbestos stack - I keep telling my brother to get rid but hasn't done it.

The pan connector is connected to a weird soft 110mm piece of rubber..

My question is: if the stack isn't changed, what can I do to put an elbow on this rubber connector?

I think I'm gonna refuse to do the toilet and make him get rid of the stack but I want to see if there actually are options.

be642052c90e49246cfd52125d2727d6.jpg

What that is Jay, is an extension Multikwik you can even still see were they have cut it to the required length.

As with all Multikwiks I would never try to re-use one, for what they cost always buy a new one.

Not quite sure from your description where is the new pan going ? I take it the new soil will have to turn 90deg to the left or right then what?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you so much - really appreciate the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
I will have to experiment like you said and...
Replies
Views
N
No blockage in soil pipe? Was he a plumber or...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
Back