Channel 5 benefits Britain ? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Ermintrude
  • Start date
  • Replies 117
  • Views 2K

Discuss Channel 5 benefits Britain ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put the benefits claimants on exercise bikes with dynamos feeding the national grid for 8 hours a day. Should be able to close a couple of power stations then. Might give them an incentive to find a job then. It's green and good for their health. Did I mention if they drop below a certain rpm they get whipped mercilessly? ; D
You can add prisoners to that bike based power farm. And if we cant have death penalty for major crime then induced coma so we can feed them through a drip and stack them in a warehouse so prisons could be manned with fewer staff.

This country has sold the now non existent indigenous (thanks Labour) people down the river. Deliberately not putting a cap on immigration is one of the main contributing factors as to why our wages have dropped!!

I like programs like this I really and truly enjoy them ....... It does really show what is happening "next door" to each end every one of us living in UK ... , and the SAD thing is all levels of the government KNOWS about it but do nothing about it !
I am one sad immigrant my self , as I dont get any benefits :( ,

but I will be ringing few numbers today to try and sort my self with a bit of that testy cake :)

Have you ever been in the position where you have needed help from the state, eg you have lost your job, (it happens) more so in the building industry, you've been self employed, no option but to sign on only to be told that your not entitled to anything. then they show programs like this, get a house, car money left over to send back to wherever, Its to late to do anything about it now, no mater what government party are in power, So just keep paying your taxes and bend over even further cos were not finished shafting you yet, Roll on the Revolution.

No , I have never been helped by any for the past 14 years

No and you never will get any help, cos you have worked and supported yourself, just hope your never in that position, then you will think! Why did I bother working all my life ? I would have been better off on Benefits, Nothing to pay out, plenty of money , even holiday's.

Have you not seen all the previous episodes where almost every one in Hull is on the DSS and not willing to work and still have the largest TV and leather sofa ?
They must know how to get help , or they know some one that can read the low in such a way that to extract as much out of the government

Now all you lot have had your rants, do you honestly believe as truth what you are shown in programs like this ?

Does it not occur to you that your reactions are exactly what they are designed to foster & promote, these programs are not based in fact, there is no checks on what is true.

My old dad had strong views but always impressed upon us to always be doubting & question what we are being told, especially by the media. A few simple checks & some independent research / reading reveals truth.

You could say "its just TV or a bit of raised blood pressure" & it don't really matter but allow yourself to be taken in by this diatribe & that way lies great danger, apart from anything else it makes crap telly.

Last edited:
I have seen with my own eyes and heard things with my own ears on this HA contract work I have done in the past , and all that are biting on it is people that know that this is how it's 100%

Have you ever been in the position where you have needed help from the state, eg you have lost your job, (it happens) more so in the building industry, you've been self employed, no option but to sign on only to be told that your not entitled to anything. then they show programs like this, get a house, car money left over to send back to wherever, Its to late to do anything about it now, no mater what government party are in power, So just keep paying your taxes and bend over even further cos were not finished shafting you yet, Roll on the Revolution.

The old boy who trained me had a blood clot on the lung when I was working with him he was off work for months with a mortgage etc to pay he went into see if he could get help whilst he was off sick (Bearing in mind he had worked from the age of 14 or 15 in the UK and always paid taxes apart from a few side jobs here and there) He was told you can claim nothing as you have a job and are getting sick pay (£50 something pound I think) when he said the sick pay wouldnt cover his mortgage let alone other bills they just said well use your savings then, He turned around and said I have small savings but not that much.

It makes you sick a person pays tax for 30-40 years and through a genuine illness for 6 months e couldnt get any help. I think he did start doing more side jobs though to recover the savings he used. lol

My old nextdoor neighbour is a prime example. He has not worked for at least 15 years he is on sick benefit for a bad back and depression. He smokes 30-40 a day, has sky tv, Laptop, Broadband, Laptop, nice TV, 3 cats 1 large excitable dog that he takes out for regular walks.

If he really had a bad back then he wouldnt be able to take the dog out for a walk as it is a large collie which jumps at everyone he knows with some force and he also has the most immaculate garden out of the surrounding gardens and he used to mow mine and 3 other neighbours lawns (mine was about 2ft high when he started doing it and he had the cheek to ask for £10). I'm not surprised he is depressed though as he hardly see's anyone and that gets me as well so going out to work would help that.

He was taken off sick and put onto job seekers as they assesed him again and said that he could work and they gave him a care worker to fight the case for him and when he got put back on the sick he got back payed for it!

When I worked on HA work I would say 40% were hard working people 10% were genuine and looking for work and 50% played the system. You could always tell as those that played the system had nicer houses.

Now all you lot have had your rants, do you honestly believe as truth what you are shown in programs like this ?

Does it not occur to you that your reactions are exactly what they are designed to foster & promote, these programs are not based in fact, there is no checks on what is true.

My old dad had strong views but always impressed upon us to always be doubting & question what we are being told, especially by the media. A few simple checks & some independent research / reading reveals truth.

You could say "its just TV or a bit of raised blood pressure" & it don't really matter but allow yourself to be taken in by this diatribe & that way lies great danger, apart from anything else it makes crap telly.

Seriously i dont think its put on just for viewing and its happening alot more than folks think... you have folk that have had nothin to do with HA or council work and they stay in a nice house in nice area and forget what lifes like for the dole bludgers in the bronx. Some of the poor kids in these areas are not bein shown a good example and feel that its a normal way of life . Ive seen it with my own eyes...

Seriously i dont think its put on just for viewing and its happening alot more than folks think... you have folk that have had nothin to do with HA or council work and they stay in a nice house in nice area and forget what lifes like for the dole bludgers in the bronx. Some of the poor kids in these areas are not bein shown a good example and feel that its a normal way of life . Ive seen it with my own eyes...

The real problem is yet to come , when all this kids will need to get a job , and there luck of motivation and dedication will not help them at all . I honestly fill sorry for all of them

Your right safegas its nit gonna be the best of a new generation. As time goes on kids are changin big time. The lack of respect for adults has dwindled there never off there xbox and because there more spoiled now than we ever were there lack of understanding the value of money and a hard days work is lacking. Dont get me wrong i dont mean every kid but theres a big change i see workin in folks homes...

Your right safegas its nit gonna be the best of a new generation. As time goes on kids are changin big time. The lack of respect for adults has dwindled there never off there xbox and because there more spoiled now than we ever were there lack of understanding the value of money and a hard days work is lacking. Dont get me wrong i dont mean every kid but theres a big change i see workin in folks homes...
I bet they said exactly the same thing just after the Vikings first settled.
Bloody mob come in here robbing & pillaging, they have no idea of the value of money nor a hard days work in the fields. The kids are just as bad still look at the role models they have !!

Tiss the cry of every older person, from every generation through out the ages --- Bloody Kids, they will be the death of me / us, it was never like his in my day !!!

Tried as hard as I could not to read this thread, but got sucked in. Hate it hate it hate it. It's everything that's wrong with this country. Doesn't matter which party is in power they're all too scared to impact the benefits scum (the ones that DON'T deserve it) as they're terrified of losing votes. I'm all for helping those that can't help themselves but screw the ones that don't want to work and want everything for free and think their human rights are being infringed upon if anyone ever says no to them. Same goes for the NHS, I'm sorry unless you've been disfigured in an accident or are born with some kind of physical defect then no sort of cosmetic surgery or treatment should be available to you for free just because you don't think you're tall/pretty/thin/boobs big enough. Enough is enough, I'm sick of paying for it and tv programmes like this just seem to rile those that are paying for others to sit on their fat lazy @rses and do nothing. God this is why I think about moving abroad :smile: rant over

I moved here back in 2000 . And I did work hard really hard . I did not even speak, read , write English at all , let alone any skills !
Worked hard learned and gone college and no support from government at all

Last edited:
Good luck stan but if u dong already use them youl have to change to Testo ( germanys finnest test equipment) 330-1 youve done really well with everything youve acvomplished and your obviously a really hard worker so well done.

Good luck stan hope it all works out. You've been talking about a change for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You could go smaller if you go pdhw eg 180l...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Either, in no particular order; The water...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, this was a brilliantly explained post...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
D
I have a Worceseter Greenstar 12i feeding an...
Replies
Views
davidev
D
Back