commercial pictures ? | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Page 7 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss commercial pictures ? in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

O

on31ll

show us pictures of your installs or what you work on etc ??:santa_cheesy:

looked at this yesterday:
the boiler closest in the picture, need to be lifted as it has failed its annual insurance inspection, the cradle in which it sits has signs of corrosion and needs replacing. Everything needs disconnecting gas, water and elec.
Nice little job if I can get it:cool:

boiler.jpg

looked at this yesterday:
the boiler closest in the picture, need to be lifted as it has failed its annual insurance inspection, the cradle in which it sits has signs of corrosion and needs replacing. Everything needs disconnecting gas, water and elec.
Nice little job if I can get it:cool:

View attachment 16223
I've done a bit of commercial in my time but that's a man's boiler !!

Certainly is. 60000 pound per hour steam boiler, saacke burners( urghhh), spoke to the guy doing the lift yesterday, he said boiler specs say boiler shell is 60ton empty!!!
Sooooo, how many plumbers does it take to lift it onto the wall bracket then ?? LOL

PS. the only thing that made much sense in the above is the 60 ton lift. (you better make sure it is completely drained) does the new one come in via roof or is it slid in?

The thick blue lines is the aqua therm, fibre pipe, and the green stuff is wefatherm fibre. Much the same though really. Ok in its place I guess, and I think there's a good case for its use, but I'm just not a big fan of the stuff really. My thoughts on using it:

It's not terribly rigid at temperature (loads of clips and unistrut),
can't offer fittings etc up before you fuse a joint so it's a bit different on measuring/checking etc, burning on a fitting can be a bit awkward in tight/awkward places (especially 90mm +),
persistently having to put a level on everything and square it up until fittings are cool,
Always seem to be holding a fitting waiting for it to cool,
pipe swarf seems to get everywhere,
the paddle burns like mad if you catch yourself on it.

but then...
it's light, pretty versatile (weld in saddles etc), surprisingly tough/resilient, can be quick, cool wall means it's pretty hard burn yourself of a hot pipe, not too bad to cut, and is pretty resistant to corrosion.

Just been using loads of carbon steel press fit lately though.

Sounds great. The firm I work for is fitting a few herz/system KURRI boilers these days, having previously mainly fitted HDG, and if I had to say I think the herz boilers are probably better made, and certainly better laid out/designed for working on. Job looks really nice though. What do they do for a boiler safety valve on the bio fire? Is it direct into the appliance or something? (couldn't see one before the valves in the pics)

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi chaps I have a as new Ali plug cock key...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not all commercial boilers are 70 kwatt...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I agree. (I hold domestic, commercial and...
Replies
Views
Back