commercial pictures ? | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Page 9 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss commercial pictures ? in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

O

on31ll

show us pictures of your installs or what you work on etc ??:santa_cheesy:

image.jpgimage.jpg
A bit more welding to finish these two Strebel SCB 150's off

Thanks miss plumb for posting,
always like geeking out on good pictures!

Missplumb, what's going on in pic 5 with the red rectangular box?

Also, went to PHEX at Alexandra palace on Wednesday, was well worth going, seemed to be more commercial boilers on display than domestic, anyway the alpha rep was showing us their 'ARES Tec' boiler, must admit he gave a good sale and I was quite impressed to be honest.
Anyone had any experience with them yet and are they any good and the way things will go?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit of a throttle down there. 6" to 2" in 9"? Nice weld tho, no slag and no splatter? You dad do it? Wish mine were always that tidy. Jesus some look line the lid of bait cabin microwave !
Its 3" to 2" (2" connection on the gas meter)
Its my own handy work, when you get the amps just right the slag peels it self off and you can pat yourself on the back.

Where I've been this week they had to put a steel across a high ceiling garage to take garage door and motor for it so the builder welded plates to either end of it to fix it to wall with a tiny little machine that looked like he'd got it from the car boot, was hitting the slag of with a lump of metal and looked like his welds were done by a 5 year old, you would have screwed if you'd seen it Scott.

The lump of steel is now hanging 9' of the floor with the garage door on it, I'm back there tomorrow so see if it's still holding up!

I only ever got to test standard on arc. Just takes a lot of practice, patience and a steady hand while you are getting burnt.
Once you have the right amperage for the rod size and angle you are working at it becomes easier.
With a positional pipe weld you have to keep adjusting as you work your way around the circumference.

Lots of prep work. The smaller the gap between the two bits of metal the easier it will be.
You can drill out / blow out a hole for the branch then profile the stub to sit nicely on the pipe
Drill out / blow out a slightly bigger hole so the stub will go inside the header
Get a weld on shoe - its a pre formed fitting you weld onto the header then weld the stub onto it. eg 2" on 6" shoe

You need to apply heat to the opposite side to the branch is welded or the pipe will go like a banana when it cools
You can heat it with oxy-acetlyene or add ribs the the inside or outside
(I will post another pic to explain better)

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi chaps I have a as new Ali plug cock key...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not all commercial boilers are 70 kwatt...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I agree. (I hold domestic, commercial and...
Replies
Views
Back