Fast track courses worth it? | Plumbing Courses | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fast track courses worth it? in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

No chris your not wrong mate, and quite frankly i'm flabbergasted at just how unregulated this industry is. And fully empathise with you boys who have followed correct protocol to get where you have.

does that mean that I am wrong to suggest that there needs to be some effective means of controlling who enters (the numbers) the industry, even if the means saying NO I am very sorry you can not be a plumber!, you are too old, can't find a plumbing job, not bright enough or by whatever other criteria we what to lay down.

Not heard of the Equality Act then Chris? Not to mention a few hundred chapters of EU legislation.

Personally, I've always been suspicious of grown men who like playing with water!

Wonder how the medical services, for instants, get on then when inappropriately qualified, trained or experienced people applier for post in an NHS hospitals, do they say come on in, have a go, you will soon pick it up, couple of years & you will be up to standard. Am I asking for anything different Peter ?

Nothing to do with Equality Act or EU legislation as you well know !!!!
Does not the person who is not suited or does not have the ability to succeed in a profession have rights too ? are you correct to encouraging them to believe that they can ??
It seems to be a trait of our modern society.

Wonder how the medical services, for instants, get on then when inappropriately qualified, trained or experienced people applier for post in an NHS hospitals, do they say come on in, have a go, you will soon pick it up, couple of years & you will be up to standard. Am I asking for anything different Peter ?

Nothing to do with Equality Act or EU legislation as you well know !!!!
Does not the person who is not suited or does not have the ability to succeed in a profession have rights too ? are you correct to encouraging them to believe that they can ??
It seems to be a trait of our modern society.

You could use the police system, i.e. tell them they'll need to be a Free Mason to get anywhere! lol

Should thin down new entrants a bit ;-)

No, I don't need the police, I am more than capable myself but you are clearly not !!
As you mentioned the police, do you know how many are in training now? have a look at the specials ? hundreds of thousands chasing just a few places, how are they selected & then trained for the job. It is call assessment ! good enough-your in, not up to scratch - sorry!
(un-less your dads the inspector LOL)

No, I don't need the police, I am more than capable myself but you are clearly not !!
As you mentioned the police, do you know how many are in training now? have a look at the specials ? hundreds of thousands chasing just a few places, how are they selected & then trained for the job. It is call assessment ! good enough-your in, not up to scratch - sorry!
(un-less your dads the inspector LOL)

Police forces stopped recruiting some time back due to the downsizing policies of Government.

Gate-keeping an industry on numbers alone goes against the grain in so many ways.

Standards could be raised: C&G, NVQ, Gas Safe, etc, but can't see many people voting for that. Or requiring a certificate to fit a tap that needs renewing every three years at considerable expense.

Ironically, making training more academic would probably favour the kind of person who can hack a fast-track course, and work against the less academic person who is more suited to a longer period of training on the job over 4 years.

With the increases in university fees there probably will be more academically qualified people chasing plumbing/gas training, so the bar will be raised in that respect anyway. Ed Miliband has been talking about the introduction of a baccalaureate for practical skills at the recent Labour conference.

If the Government want to make any kind of intervention to help matters, I would think a national house building program would be the best way to do it. I can't see Cameron's tinkering with the planning regulations making a lot of difference, that's if it ever gets past the Conservative Councillors who are up in arms against it at the moment.

Some poetry

6129 is mine and it didn't take much time
It was brilliantly taught
But now I am caught

They say I need unvented, acs and wras
More cash!

Out on the job, its not making sense
It was easier in college on the bench

Estate Agent and Banker now Plumber
Occupations of shysters?
Bummer!

Last edited:
Some poetry

6129 is mine and it didn't take much time
It was brilliantly taught
But now I am caught

They say I need unvented, acs and wras
More cash!

Out on the job, its not making sense
It was easier in college on the bench

Estate Agent and Banker now Plumber
Occupations of shysters?
Bummer!

It works if read with a Pam Ayres accent!

Just had an idea, i.e. "Mentors-4-U" ... being an agency that links newbies up with experience plumbers - the newbie pays a weekly fee to the experienced plumber who is available by phone to give advice when needed!

What do you think?

Just need £100k from Debra Meaden now so that I can set the office up on a beach in Barbados - I'm happy for her to have 50% of the business! Just in case you read these threads Debra :smilewinkgrin:

You could be in with chance with that £100K from Debra Meaden after all she gave that shyster from Ploughcroft a big wedge and he's just gone bust

No point in a fast track course unless you've got a gas safe engineer to take you under their wing to mentor you before during and after your gas safe exams. Once your qualified your still learning all the time.

Re: Fast track questions and answers

Is there a fast track course to become a fast track trainer?

Try saying that quickly :)

Re: Fast track questions and answers

Alright lads! I've just finished my 6129 lvl2 in plumbing and now looking to get my NVQ2 complete, I've been told I need to get assessed on site for 2 bathroom suites and 2 central heating circuits, is this correct? Or is there more involved?

Similar plumbing topics

Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
Hi sir i don't suggest you go out on your own...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces...
Replies
Views
O
  • Article
Are at home Level 2 courses actually viable...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
As far as I know they've stopped all the short...
Replies
Views
Back