flue position | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss flue position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

anhbrown

Gas Engineer
Hi all i'm new on here so please be gentle....... did a 1st service on a new build last week flue terminates and discharges directly opposite next doors kitchen extractor vent it is not of the non closeable type and spoke to ideal who had varied responses from, as there's nothing in there mi for opposite nor is there in my viper book had varied response from 300mm!! they would certainly be dead by know! to 1200mm so what do you reckon? Builder- (one of the big boys) quite a large estate as this is the first service for them but they are still building new homes on site says its ok as is, - terminal to vent is 1170mm oh and by the way gas safe said 2 metres and just for further assurance rang my local inspector who said he'd get back to me - that was three days ago!! at risked the boiler and she's fumin with the house builders surely all they have to do is either plume kit it or change the extract vent opposite to a closeable type but the builders wont budge do I call it in for a free inspection and let gas safe deal with it or what do you think.

This should be posted on the GSR private forum, but I will take a gamble, as the answer is in the public interest and you are probably GSR anyway, Figure C11 in BS5440 part 1, 2 metre minimum distance horizontal to an opening opposite the terminal. Risk of combustion products entering the neighbours property "AT RISK", so it has been dealt with appropriately. PM a moderator to gain access to the GSR private forum and leave your name and registration details if you require forum chat on gas safety technical issues.

send a pm to either gas man or redsaw with your gs details and get your post count up to 10 and after a short trade test you will be able to access the private gaas forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That's galvanised box corrogated steel decking...
Replies
Views
Had this at BG. They had been servicing one...
Replies
Views
as he says its from an openable window
Replies
Views
I’ve also been given conflicting advice by...
Replies
Views
If it were me I would send a letter recorded...
2 3 4 5 6 7
Replies
Views
Back