ID condensate pipe?? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ID condensate pipe?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dickie

If a 21.5mm condensate pipe is stuck into a washing machine trap, is this a ID situation??
Views please.

Has boiler got its own integral 75mm trap?

Condensate is a product of combustion? Not sure u can ID as its not an immediate risk to life or property though if boiler has a trap. My thought would be AR ?

I think it's ID as the integral trap could have no water in it.

Why is there such a concern over condensate pipes

There is a trap in the boiler

It is not going to spill in to a room

If it did we would have to check every outlet on a waste pipe. And the sewers would be full of POC's.

What's the problem?

Please someone explain it to me!

And before anyone quotes a icos style boiler about the traps. I know and it's horses for courses. I'm talking in Genral

Drains & sewers are vented to atmosphere & as I said the integral condensate could have no water in it or the water syphoned out of it, so POCs directly into the room.

I did a repair for a pal in his buy to let & BG had IDed the install cause the 21.5 had a crack in it.

I think it's ID as the integral trap could have no water in it.

Mfr all state u should fill trap before commissioning boer. If trap empty its the appliance that's ID as a saftey device on it has failed. Or by same route prv would be ID if burner was dry and had a hole in it?

How would trap be empty? Open end would stop symphonic action and boiler would fill it up if all working ok?? It's not immediate danger so how could it be ID if all else ok?

That's stupid.

That's not ID. It would have to be spilling

And if you want to work on that basis. The boiler MAY develop a hole in the casing. And MAY develop a gas leak because a rat chewed through a gas pipe

Go back to college

I feel sorry for all the people that you are cutting boiler off for

I think it's Ncs but its open to interpretation
It would only syphon the internal trap if it was sealed to the stand pipe not open ended,not installed to manufactures instructions ?

its ncs!.
gas safe would not be bothered where it exits as long as it does satisfactory!

its not immediately dangerous or at risk to kill! its substandard..then again best to have an airbreak any way.

Mind you the first condensing boiler I fitted about 15yrs ago potterton envoy I think just stuck the cond out the wall and stuck an elbow on it onto the block paving

And before anyone quotes a icos style boiler about the traps. I know and it's horses for courses. I'm talking in Genral

I rest my case M'Lud!! Though I do know several manufacturers show this type (WM3) of trap in their MIs & it's commonly done in new builds, it's only as safe as the integrity of the internal trap & most boiler trap sensors will only show a fault if the trap backs-up, not if it's empty.

Another boiler I was at had a leaking trap & the daft tenant took the base of the trap of & put a dish under it to catch the water easier. You could feel the POCs being blown out the trap & my FGA went off the scale!!

I rest my case M'Lud!! Though I do know several manufacturers show this type (WM3) of trap in their MIs & it's commonly done in new builds, it's only as safe as the integrity of the internal trap & most boiler trap sensors will only show a fault if the trap backs-up, not if it's empty.

Well your certainly living up to your name. Minus the ie

There's no need for the ID you have just slapped on someone.

If the trap was to empty. If there was to be an earth quake. If there was to be a car crash in to my house. If if if

Well your certainly living up to your name. Minus the ie

There's no need for the ID you have just slapped on someone.

If the trap was to empty. If there was to be an earth quake. If there was to be a car crash in to my house. If if if
Can I please point out that you're being very rude Simon, when all I'm looking for is an objective view. And given your poor spelling, I feel you're in no position to give advice on education.
Perhaps the Mods could view your posts with the same rigorous scrutiny they afford my good self??

Can I please point out that you're being very rude Simon, when all I'm looking for is an objective view. And given your poor spelling, I feel you're in no position to give advice on education.
Perhaps the Mods could view your posts with the same rigorous scrutiny they afford my good self??

I'm not giving poor advice

You've cut someone off for a pipe that has been fitted to MI and also is safe.

Over charging someone for a job is not one of my favourite things to do

It's getting colder now so I hope you turn their heating back on

And I don't feel that my spelling gas anything to do with this. I certainly know how to read the regs

And fine. Get the mods. I'm sure a few have already passed a comment on this thread

Can you please point out where I 'cut someone off' Simon?? Do you have Specsavers in Wales?? Perhaps not??

Surely you would explain to the owner your concerns and remove the trap and connect the cond straight Into the 1 1/2 waste

Peace!
1sscc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
Attic gas HVAC condensate line dumps into...
Replies
Views
In a one-pipe heating system with a condensing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If rainwater pipe discharges to a combined...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpine-standpipe-a...
Replies
Views
Back