ID condensate pipe?? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 5 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ID condensate pipe?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't leave an air gap asper mi then theres no warranty if the condensate backs up and damages the boiler (on a cold day)

I already posted an extract from the BS in post 31 with the relevant diagrams.

Since you are familiar with Logic's if you read page 23 of the MI's you will find this
View attachment 14826

and read page 7 and it says this as do almost every other MI out there

Detailed recommendations are contained in the following British
Standard Codes of Practice:
BS. 5440:1 Flues (for gas appliances of rated input not
exceeding 70 kW).
BS. 5440:2 Ventilation (for gas appliances of rated input not
exceeding 70 kW).
BSEN. 12828:2003 Heating Systems in buildings: Design for
water based heating systems.
BSEN 12831:2003 Heating Systems in buildings: Method for
calculation of the design heat load.
BSEN 14336:2004 Heating Systems in buildings: Installation
and commissioning of water based heating
systems.
BS. 5546 Installation of gas hot water supplies for domestic
purposes (2nd Family Gases)
BS. 6798 Installation of gas fired hot water boilers of rated
input not exceeding 70 kW.

BS. 6891 Low pressure installation pipes.

Logic doesn't show tundish or open cond pipe? Ahhhhh but it does show cond above water trap! Devil is in the detail!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
When I did my first boiler install I ran a condense into a rainwater gutter. As it was me first when it got inspected the guy (Alan Mathews) said that if the gutter got blocked you'd get corrosive water running down the bricks causing a problem. As it happened I'd fitted a neutraliser anyway so he said it was fine but in any case he wouldn't write it down as any fault at all. He said it was a non gas related issue.

this situation is slightly different, but as others have said IF the trap was empty when the boiler fired up it would take a very small amount of time to fill up again anyway. I would say NCS, and yes i feel sorry for anybody who has their boiler disconnected for that...

Been to isar ruined as down pipe was blocked, roof tried to empty via burner in boiler, 3 visits later new boiler as it was dry when visited looked at water damage on fan and it twigged! Don't use rwp! Without air gap .

When I did my first boiler install I ran a condense into a rainwater gutter. As it was me first when it got inspected the guy (Alan Mathews) said that if the gutter got blocked you'd get corrosive water running down the bricks causing a problem. As it happened I'd fitted a neutraliser anyway so he said it was fine but in any case he wouldn't write it down as any fault at all. He said it was a non gas related issue.

this situation is slightly different, but as others have said IF the trap was empty when the boiler fired up it would take a very small amount of time to fill up again anyway. I would say NCS, and yes i feel sorry for anybody who has their boiler disconnected for that...
I got to page 6 and got extremely bored, so skipped to this page. So you had Alan Matthews round, correct in what he said. You should not discharge into rainwater or land course without neutralising the condensate. Further to this, if the rainwater became blocked and or backed up due to heavy rain this would cause problems with the boiler unless there is an air break in the pipework. Tamz is spot an as usual with this thread.

Been to isar ruined as down pipe was blocked, roof tried to empty via burner in boiler, 3 visits later new boiler as it was dry when visited looked at water damage on fan and it twigged! Don't use rwp! Without air gap .

Thank god, another dead ISAR

Now, how many is that I've got on end of my line??? LOL!!!
I'll ID you later.

Lol you deffo live up to your name big lad
Now trying to back track saying your on a wind up

Ps since when was being able to spell or punctuation make anyone a good plumber

Simonjohn is a good plumber
You I haven't a clue

You I haven't a clue......................

You may think that dear boy, but you're wrong. But thanks for taking the time to express your views.

You may think that dear boy, but you're wrong. But thanks for taking the time to express your views.

Think what
You haven't a clue!
Enjoy the forum can't see you lasting to long but lmao

When the experts can't agree, it undermines all their credibility. That why you should use the "because" word In any technical comment you make. For example The condensate Pipe should ????? "BECAUSE" Section? of manufacturer instructions and Section ? of British Standards require it to be this way.

Dickie, can we help you here at all? Would you like to share with us what’s bothering you? Insecurity? You don’t sleep well? You need help? I’d say, it’s not about condensate pipe, it’s much deeper… We might be able to help you, if we can... You might have a condition - Asperger syndrome. Do you believe that you are much more intelligent than everyone else here? Or you are just stubborn and have a bit of an ego. What causes you to be this way?

Last edited:
This thread is getting silly now. Also not suitable for open forum so I'm banging it into the private forum.

Everybody please get back on subject or I'll close it.

Thought subject was clearly closed by reg man? Only time it would be any different is if boiler didn't have a 75mm water trap?

Sir Alan Sugar wouldn’t be impressed!

1dddddff.jpg

At last, his gone. Don't mind a laugh and a joke, but this should mainly be done down the Pub, not tolerated on the technical forums. Yes can be humorous on the technical side, but not inflammatory and objectionable.

It is not classed as anything.
If you read BS6798 it is allowed. Here is a bit from it if you don't have it.

4.3.4.2 Connection to an internal waste pipe (Figure 2)
Provided that the condensate drainage pipe meets the requirements of 4.3.3 and 4.3.4, there is no length restriction.
The connection shall be made to the internal waste pipe from a sink, washing machine or dishwasher. The connection may be made either downstream [Figure 2a)] or upstream [Figure 2b)] of the waste trap.
NOTE If practical, the connection should be made to the upper part of the pipe wall.
— If the connection is downstream of the waste trap and the boiler does not have an integral condensate trap with a seal of at least 75 mm then an additional trap of at least 75 mm shall be fitted. A visible air
break shall be included between these traps.
— If the connection is upstream of the waste trap, then a visible air break is necessary between the waste trap and the condensate trap but, in the case of a sink, this is provided by the sink waste pipe itself as
long as the sink has an integral overflow.
In order to prevent waste from the sink, washing machine or dishwasher entering the condensate trap, there shall be a minimum of 100 mm between the visible air break at the lowest condensate trap and the
top of the sink or visible air break serving the washing machine or dishwasher.

View attachment 14805

View attachment 14807

All the answers are in the books if you read them.

picture 2 shows connection to the sink trap this is an open end to the room - same as putting into a w/mc trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
Attic gas HVAC condensate line dumps into...
Replies
Views
In a one-pipe heating system with a condensing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If rainwater pipe discharges to a combined...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpine-standpipe-a...
Replies
Views
Back