ID condensate pipe?? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ID condensate pipe?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an ID situation you are supposed to isolate and make safe the appliance with the owner or occupier's permission.

If that permission isn't given then the carrier must be informed so that they can take the necessary action.

Dickie, why don't you get on of the short course cowboys to put the kettle down and help you do the jobs, ID?????? You having a laugh? This is what I put up with on a daily basis with time served experts in for re-assessment
Oh well look on the bright side then Kirky: at least their course fees are coming out of their own pocket & not the British Tax payers.

The clue :
logo_gben.png

Now, how many is that I've got on end of my line??? LOL!!!
I'll ID you later.

Oh well look on the bright side then Kirky: at least their course fees are coming out of their own pocket & not the British Tax payers.

Now you are joking, Cat 2 AND Cat 3 courses are funded through the Dept of Works & Pensions ( the broo to me and you) can't get the courses booked quickly enough there simply aren't enough spaces for all the people wanting on the course, any chance you could take 5-6 to build their portfolio's

Now you are joking, Cat 2 AND Cat 3 courses are funded through the Dept of Works & Pensions ( the broo to me and you) can't get the courses booked quickly enough there simply aren't enough spaces for all the people wanting on the course, any chance you could take 5-6 to build their portfolio's
Doya think any of them can make tea??

Once in the trap its liquid not gas

Still a product of combustion though. GSIUR refer to products of combustion. But it's not really the point, think we all know u wont die from water vapour inhalation ( acute not accumulated) but to ID appliance because a perfectly safe installation discharges into wash trap??? OTT. Some installers run 21.5 outside and put 21.5 elbow into open end of 32mm instead of using 32mm elbow and socket reducer. If the open end is within 300mm of air vent or window ........... After all the condensate pipe is a means of discharging the products of combustion to atmosphere? (Flue) What if its bossed in to a SVP which terminates less than 1.5m below velux?

I give up

After what emitrude has just said I'm starting to wonder if the heat from the rads should be put to atmosphere as that is a product of combustion

FFS!

I can't read this thread anymore

I give up

After what emitrude has just said I'm starting to wonder if the heat from the rads should be put to atmosphere as that is a product of combustion

FFS!

Yes!!! A technical knockout!!

I give up

FFS!

I'm being scarcastic as per my post earlier. If u called transco out because custard refused to allow you to disconnect u would probably get laughed at.

..:disappointed:..this has all got a tad heated!..:rolleyes2:..
But just to backtrack, what is a condense pipe..:ihih:

I give up

FFS!

No heat in rads is not a product of combustion complete or in complete.

Heat in rads is due to the energy from an exothermic reaction
(Combustion) being transferred into heat transfer fluid. The heat u feel is not a 'product' it's just the conservation of energy in a closed system.

Methane and oxygen are gases and energetic, water and carbon dioxide are lower energy so because energy cannot be lost or created, the difference in energy is transferred into the surrounding environment of the reaction ( heat exchanger)

I'm just being a dick! Simon 100% behind what ur saying.

Just a shame all this is on the public forum.
You maybe shocked to hear this Simon. As one of the most highly respected members of the Gas industry & I can't get into the private RGIs forum on here or on DIYdoughnuts!! Amazing eh??!!

You tell us, you said you only employ them to make the tea
I did share this insight earlier Kirky, try to keep up! Tetley dear boy, Tetley.
Oh by the way, how's the new wean?? Happy & healthy I hope?? Congrats big man.

You maybe shocked to hear this Simon. As one of the most highly respected members of the Gas industry & I can't get into the private RGIs forum on here or on DIYdoughnuts!! Amazing eh??!!

Diydoughnuts? The questions for the RGI forum take some interpretation !

What's the plumbers Arms? - the elite drawing room?

How are u the most respected? - not being rude do u have more than one yellow and black logo on ur badge, or awards? I just don't know how u measure that sort of thing. My colleagues disrespect me as if its not right it's coming out. Been to jobs other lads done to fit stat or something trivial, and dragged them back as the job was shocking. Flue not fully pointed up on inside or undersized gas . Get snide remarks all the time. Not respected at all !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
Attic gas HVAC condensate line dumps into...
Replies
Views
In a one-pipe heating system with a condensing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If rainwater pipe discharges to a combined...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpine-standpipe-a...
Replies
Views
Back