ID condensate pipe?? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ID condensate pipe?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry is this a hypothetical situation ?
What, Simon's reading specs being on top of his head, when he thinks he's lost them??
Simon: 'I asked the wife if she know where they are & all she said was.........Baaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

What, Simon's reading specs being on top of his head, when he thinks he's lost them??
Simon: 'I asked the wife if she know where they are & all she said was.........Baaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

I have no idea of how that is funny

Why is a condense pipe going to an open pipe ID. AR or even NCS? Many manufacturers recommend an internal air gap. Even if it's not a 75mm trap there's nowt wrong with it. The reason for the 75mm trap is to allow direct connection to a foul drain not to prevent POCs entering the room.

Completely ignoring connections to WM wastes etc. has anyone used a condense pump? The condense pipe drops through a hole in the top of the pump with a gap round it, it is not sealed, it is open to atmosphere.

To get a customer up and running I'll quite happily drop the condense into a bucket under the boiler over night. Oh shock horror I've left the end of the condense pipe unsealed. FFS has all common sense departed our industry.

Why is a condense pipe going to an open pipe ID. AR or even NCS? Many manufacturers recommend an internal air gap. Even if it's not a 75mm trap there's nowt wrong with it. The reason for the 75mm trap is to allow direct connection to a foul drain not to prevent POCs entering the room.

Completely ignoring connections to WM wastes etc. has anyone used a condense pump? The condense pipe drops through a hole in the top of the pump with a gap round it, it is not sealed, it is open to atmosphere.

To get a customer up and running I'll quite happily drop the condense into a bucket under the boiler over night. Oh shock horror I've left the end of the condense pipe unsealed. FFS has all common sense departed our industry.

At least someone agrees with me :D

It is not classed as anything.
If you read BS6798 it is allowed. Here is a bit from it if you don't have it.

4.3.4.2 Connection to an internal waste pipe (Figure 2)
Provided that the condensate drainage pipe meets the requirements of 4.3.3 and 4.3.4, there is no length restriction.
The connection shall be made to the internal waste pipe from a sink, washing machine or dishwasher. The connection may be made either downstream [Figure 2a)] or upstream [Figure 2b)] of the waste trap.
NOTE If practical, the connection should be made to the upper part of the pipe wall.
— If the connection is downstream of the waste trap and the boiler does not have an integral condensate trap with a seal of at least 75 mm then an additional trap of at least 75 mm shall be fitted. A visible air
break shall be included between these traps.
— If the connection is upstream of the waste trap, then a visible air break is necessary between the waste trap and the condensate trap but, in the case of a sink, this is provided by the sink waste pipe itself as
long as the sink has an integral overflow.
In order to prevent waste from the sink, washing machine or dishwasher entering the condensate trap, there shall be a minimum of 100 mm between the visible air break at the lowest condensate trap and the
top of the sink or visible air break serving the washing machine or dishwasher.

fig 2A.jpg

fig2B.jpg

All the answers are in the books if you read them.

It would be interesting to hear Gas Safe's take on it.

Now you are being silly. Tams has uploaded an extract from the regs

Would you like to borrow my glasses?

1wwbb.jpg

Same here:
The above pic is from MI for Greenstar CDI. This is one of the options we should follow to terminate the condensation pipe. My question to Dickie is – Could POC come into a property through the slotted waste? Is it fail here!?

Can I point, tamz, that we should stick to MI first. If there are no specific instructions in the MI – stick to the BS.

Half the problem is no one uses any common sense anymore. Believe it or not, we are still allowed to use "engineering judgement"

CDI Classic
Here we have to ensure that the condensate drain pipe is connected “down stream” of the waste trap.

1wwbb2.jpg

why would you cut someone off over a condensate pipe ??
The time it would take to cut off appliance and explain to the cust would surely be the same amount of time to correct a little bit of plastic would only take 5 mins lol

Dickie, why don't you get on of the short course cowboys to put the kettle down and help you do the jobs, ID?????? You having a laugh? This is what I put up with on a daily basis with time served experts in for re-assessment

why would you cut someone off over a condensate pipe ??
The time it would take to cut off appliance and explain to the cust would surely be the same amount of time to correct a little bit of plastic would only take 5 mins lol
To my uncertain knowledge mate: it's only BG that cut anyone off.

Yes please its all :nono: anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
Attic gas HVAC condensate line dumps into...
Replies
Views
In a one-pipe heating system with a condensing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If rainwater pipe discharges to a combined...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpine-standpipe-a...
Replies
Views
Back