ID condensate pipe?? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ID condensate pipe?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
You maybe shocked to hear this Simon. As one of the most highly respected members of the Gas industry & I can't get into the private RGIs forum on here or on DIYdoughnuts!! Amazing eh??!!

Not shocked at all, just a shame that the general public get to see the hand bag waving.

Well i voted to let you in at the time on donuts but you were black balled :lol:
Thanks Uncle tamz, your my hero & I'll pay you back that 20quid I borrowed from you down the Lodge, I promise!!

It is a funny one, but the regs as posted confirm it. But there is the potential of flue gasses to escape... If the trap was to somehow dry up, like it does on the old baxi combis when the heat exchangers rot.

It is a funny one, but the regs as posted confirm it. But there is the potential of flue gasses to escape... If the trap was to somehow dry up, like it does on the old baxi combis when the heat exchangers rot.

Yeh but ID means the danger is imminent not a risk of danger. Ifs and buts = risk!

The world is full of what ifs.
If we fully assessed every risk we wouldn't get out of bed............. that's if we could be sure it was safe to get into it in the first place

:uhoh2::uhoh2::uhoh2:

The world is full of what ifs.
If we fully assessed every risk we wouldn't get out of bed............. that's if we could be sure it was safe to get into it in the first place

:uhoh2::uhoh2::uhoh2:

What I was trying to say was, rule of thumb, if situation has to be accompanied by if or but it's an at risk or ncs. Always check unsafe situations. 6th ed . Bit crude but common sense ?

An appliance is spilling - ID

An appliance could spill if the condensate trap was dry and the discharge pipework had air gaps and was open to the compartment / internal space. - AR

So in normal operation the trap is sealed and the pipework is sound there is no risk. We are not there to make up scenario's of what if, only to assess the actual situation.

So in normal operation the trap is sealed and the pipework is sound there is no risk. We are not there to make up scenario's of what if, only to assess the actual situation.

Yep, so NCS or at very worst AR

I think I'd best turn my boiler off. If the back wall of the house falls down the flue will be closer than 300 to an opening and POC may enter the house.

Lmao at this thread....Mike hit the nail on head regards condensate pumps are not sealed, challenged GasSafe on this very issue and won ( I was that way out that day, jeez the install was not even mine)

it's like saying I have put on a tightness test today, BUT it may leak TOMORROW so I will I.D it!

If it were me I'd start with manufactures instructions, if I had concerns I'd empty the internal trap and run the boiler to see how quick the trap refills to put things into perspective, if I had felt there was a real chance of spillage I would repair or isolate till a repair is made.

i find a lot of boilers will fill their internal traps quite quickly from dry.

Yep, so NCS or at very worst AR

But it is to standard. British standard 6798 which i'm sure would hold up in court if it came to it.
If it doesn't then whats the point. We should all just make up our own standards (although some already do)

The guy that taught me never used to fill traps before commissioning. Said it produces litres in minutes so no point

They do fill quickly but common sense tells you to fill it especially if you are in a confined space

But it is to standard. British standard 6798 which i'm sure would hold up in court if it came to it.
If it doesn't then whats the point. We should all just make up our own standards (although some already do)

Eh? But mfrs instructions don't show this for any boiler I ever installed (as far as I remember)
Can u post extract from standards? - for everyone's benefit?

Just bending over now!

hemytazy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh? But mfrs instructions don't show this for any boiler I ever installed (as far as I remember)
Can u post extract from standards? - for everyone's benefit?

I already posted an extract from the BS in post 31 with the relevant diagrams.

Since you are familiar with Logic's if you read page 23 of the MI's you will find this
logic.jpg

and read page 7 and it says this as do almost every other MI out there

Detailed recommendations are contained in the following British
Standard Codes of Practice:
BS. 5440:1 Flues (for gas appliances of rated input not
exceeding 70 kW).
BS. 5440:2 Ventilation (for gas appliances of rated input not
exceeding 70 kW).
BSEN. 12828:2003 Heating Systems in buildings: Design for
water based heating systems.
BSEN 12831:2003 Heating Systems in buildings: Method for
calculation of the design heat load.
BSEN 14336:2004 Heating Systems in buildings: Installation
and commissioning of water based heating
systems.
BS. 5546 Installation of gas hot water supplies for domestic
purposes (2nd Family Gases)
BS. 6798 Installation of gas fired hot water boilers of rated
input not exceeding 70 kW.

BS. 6891 Low pressure installation pipes.

After 8 pages of some cr.p, remember it wont be long before they start freezing again, hopefully no body dies, but havent heard of CO poisoning from a beday waste yet!

After 8 pages of some cr.p, remember it wont be long before they start freezing again, hopefully no body dies, but havent heard of CO poisoning from a beday waste yet!

Its a bid et :lol: and co poisoning is the least of your worries with one of them :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
Attic gas HVAC condensate line dumps into...
Replies
Views
In a one-pipe heating system with a condensing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If rainwater pipe discharges to a combined...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpine-standpipe-a...
Replies
Views
Back