I'm in a hire van next week. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Mike Jackson
  • Start date
  • Replies 115
  • Views 2K

Discuss I'm in a hire van next week. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

Power steering pump spewed fluid all over the place today as i turned and the wheels stuck on full lock. I nearly shat myself. Managed to temp sort it but the repair is not going to last long. The MOT runs out soon so I'm unsure what to do so I've nipped in and booked a hire van for next week to give me a chance to work out what to do. I was tempted to rush out and buy a cheap van but I just know I'll end up with a dog if I rush into it.

Mike i have a very nice van that could have your name on it ;) live in north east too :p

Was t a Renault or vauxhall was it?

No a 26 year old land rover. I'm finding it a bit on the small side with the number of boilers I'm doing now so I'm having a think about what to do next.

No a 26 year old land rover. I'm finding it a bit on the small side with the number of boilers I'm doing now so I'm having a think about what to do next.

How do you find your customers reaction to a land rover? I'd imagine its a nice novelty. Never really see things like that in the city

All the best finding a new wagon. Do you need the 4x4 bit?

If you're looking for a van Mike, I was talking to a Pikey today and he's selling his 12 year old Transit for a monkey, usuall rust and dents and well on its way to 200k.

tempted? :lol:

there you go a landie van

Attachments

• landrover101.jpg
    landrover101.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 107
My van gets stuck in a puddle. Looking into winter tyres, but its cheaper to take the day off.

In the last few years we've been snowed in here a few times. We seem to be getting more bad weather and the council don't bother doing anything with the roads. I got snowed in 4 times in my works van in the winter of 2011/2012.

I'm looking at a few options at the moment. All will include a 4x4 somewhere in the mix even if it's not my main vehicle so that I can get out and about.

Next week is just not a good time to do anything as I'm fully booked.

Good luck with the search Mike, it only took me three months to find the right van.

I thought that, when did villa Tom go? And without causing controversey or annoying the mods. What are they doing wrong?

I think they got the hump over the swearing ban.

Back to vans, I have a plan which may come to fruition over the next week or so. It's too flipping expensive to hire a van for long.

What does it cost to hire a van? Can't be more then £30 a day for Transit??

I've had to get a LWB as I've got a vertical flue next week and the hire vans don't come with roof bars so I need to get my roof ladder inside. Works out about £35 a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I wouldn't rely on pipe finders as a definite...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the...
Replies
Views
J
I've heard of these having injector let by...
Replies
Views
I reckon if poss seal it
Replies
Views
Back