I'm in a hire van next week. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 5 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Mike Jackson
  • Start date
  • Replies 115
  • Views 2K

Discuss I'm in a hire van next week. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be. Especially one as big as that.

I'm still not entirely sure on the wording for the sign writing. I'm swaying towards Burgers but think Ice Cream may suit it better.

you need reversible signs mike. burgers for the winter and ice cream for the summer.

you on commission from checka trade then mike? because most custards will have no idea what that is and thats a large chunk of your advertising space giving a free plug to them

Looks smart mike, I don't blame you letting someone else pay for your sign writing, everything is better when it's free :)

are you tied into some sort of contract with them now mike?

It's a one off deal that they do for members. Because I'm getting a lot of feedback I appear at or near the top of the list when someone searches for plumbing or heating so it's good for me if people go to the check a trade site.

Hmmmm, interesting. You're one of the very few who I've heard positive things from re: referral sites

Eggs and basket spring to mind. But if it works for you, it works for you.

Nice one Mike, looks brilliant. Very eye-catching & straight to the point.

I'm finally getting my van sign written on Friday. I've done some work for a local media company who a friend of mine runs, & in return they are sorting my van, printed some business cards & printing some leaflets. It's not what you know, it's who you know sometimes!

Eggs and basket spring to mind. But if it works for you, it works for you.

A lot less risky than contracting where you sub to one main contractor. It's just a more technical version of word of mouth really. I'm now on the 3rd and 4th jobs for some of the people who found me through check a trade so it's helping me build a customer database as well. When these people recommend me to there friends they can check my reputation on check a trade as well as taking personal recommendation. From the customers point of view, knowing that they can give feedback gives me an incentive to make sure that I do things properly.

A lot less risky than contracting where you sub to one main contractor. It's just a more technical version of word of mouth really. I'm now on the 3rd and 4th jobs for some of the people who found me through check a trade so it's helping me build a customer database as well. When these people recommend me to there friends they can check my reputation on check a trade as well as taking personal recommendation. From the customers point of view, knowing that they can give feedback gives me an incentive to make sure that I do things properly.

Everyone has the ways in which they prefer to work and if this work for you then FairPlay to you. It's good to hear of someone doing well for a change in all honesty, I hope it continues for you mike :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I wouldn't rely on pipe finders as a definite...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the...
Replies
Views
J
I've heard of these having injector let by...
Replies
Views
I reckon if poss seal it
Replies
Views
Back