I'm in a hire van next week. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Mike Jackson
  • Start date
  • Replies 115
  • Views 2K

Discuss I'm in a hire van next week. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm home with the beast. It drives a lot better than I thought and was a real pleasure to drive after being stuck in a transit for a week and a half. Got to start sorting it tomorrow. Some of my toys have turned up so I can start kitting it out.

juresyzy.jpg

It was half full so had to fill up on the way home. Stuck £70 worth in. Will take some pics tomorrow.

Arrrrrrgh. I want it to be mine. It's not fair!!!

I'm happy for you Mike. But it's tainted with jealousy.....LOL.

I have ordered snow chains for my wheels. So I guess I'll have to be happy with that.

Green with envy mate. Bored with my van but can't justify changing it.

Okay piccy time

Front view

CQ9R1700 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Hydraulic connection on the front bumper.

CQ9R1701 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Control for the hydraulics.

CQ9R1702 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Rear off side.

CQ9R1703 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Side compartment. This will be used for tools. I'll be putting a tool chest at one end and cutting the bench down. There are two fold down seats and a diesel powered heater in the is compartment. At the moment the power is 110v but I'm waiting on a step up transformer to give me 240v. There is3 Kw of power from an engine mounted generator.

CQ9R1705 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Swwwweeeeet.

Bet you're well pleased mate. AND it started snowing here today. I've ordered the snow chains. That's about as good as it's gonna get for me van wise this/next year.

Rear view showing my new storage bins. The assorter boxes will be racked up on the right hand side behind the cupboard.

CQ9R1707 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

The other side. There was a hand wash unit, hand cleaner dispenser and towel holder on this side. I took them out, a carton of wipes takes up a lot less room. The cupboard will be used to store larger spare items. Hopefully I will be able to keep the centre area clear to transport materials to jobs.

CQ9R1708 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Rear view showing the new security lock on the rear doors. At the moment it's packed out with large washers but I will be cutting some aluminium packing plates to level the two sides.

CQ9R1709 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Definitely, it's like a bill board. can't waste all that advertising space.

Definitely a waste not too. Got a big space both sides to utilise as well. Plus pulling up at a job in a beast like that is a form of advertising in itself I suppose.

Just a little off topic, where did you get those coloured bins from, and how much where they if you don't mind me asking?

What a tool. You'll be able to carry on trading well into Armageddon.

Suggestion Mike, remove the glass in the divider and it sheet off that way if the worst were to happen the scumbags wouldn't have easy access to the other compartment, would also prevent the eagle eyes from seeing through when one of the doors are open.

I had them go through from the cab in the Transit bulk head, parked outside the showroom, scum opportunists.

Just spent 3 hours cleaning the beast. It's being sign written tomorrow. I'll take the camera and get some shots before I get it dirty driving it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I wouldn't rely on pipe finders as a definite...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the...
Replies
Views
J
I've heard of these having injector let by...
Replies
Views
I reckon if poss seal it
Replies
Views
Back