mark up | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss mark up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
just wondering how much you guys mark up on the small stuff as was talking to garage mechanic earlier and come to conclusion they take the mark up to a new level

so for e.g you got four jobs on this monday

job 1 boiler repair materials £120

job 2 new three port £55

job 3 new kitchen taps £70

job 4 new rad £100

what would you guys be looking at on each item for example

With the Internet there's no place to hide mark up. I charge for all my time, collection phone alls etc.

I o it on time so as not o upset the customer. They cant argue with the fact it takes time and therefore money to get materials. Mark up will just wind them up.

I think we have to mark up to a degree. For example if I show up to customers house to repair fill valve & have a Fluidmaster on the van then I can charge 20 pound for the valve I paid 10 for.

if I did not keep van stocked up then I would have to constantly be going to merchant which would then cost more in time & travelling.

I dont break my prices down either. I will if I feel the need to or if I feel the customer won't think Theyre getting value for money. I wouldn't put mark up on a quote or bill, although your time and effort going to get the part has to be charged in some way.

all the plumbers round my way who are afraid of using a mark up of around 20% and charging a decent hourly rate are going out of business!

all the plumbers round my way who are afraid of using a mark up of around 20% and charging a decent hourly rate are going out of business!

Mark up at 20% or a decent hourly/day rate. Same difference.

NO mark up at 20% AND a decent hourly rate ensures you'll be self employed next year

so do you work all the hours god gives or charge a decent rate and work mon to fri for 6 hours a day

Charge a decent rate work five days a week 8.30 till 5.30, don't do weekends and roughly five weeks holiday a year. And do all my quotes in the daytime.

I only work 9 - 4 plus hours lunch, no weekends and take time off when I want. Must be the mark up! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, as you've said - looks like the...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys and girls first time poster so...
Replies
Views
Hi fixitflav thanks for this wiring diagram...
2 3
Replies
Views
Pm op if your interested if you not don’t post
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
Back