Member's attitude in forum posts | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter M.Joshi
  • Start date
  • Replies 113
  • Views 2K

Discuss Member's attitude in forum posts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think part of the problem may be that the op is not from this background. Most people in this trade (or any trade) are straight talking and sometimes quite curt. No harm is meant by it but i suppose it can come across the wrong way.
I try to make allowances for those not in the trade and sometimes have to think about how i answer things.

Me too tamz .. I'm learning of a different environment here in cyberland that's challenging :)

t4 tat, been on here 3 minutes and moaning already!!!.

'i couldnt give a toss' is my first approach.
'now lets get down to business' is my second in that order.

get a life, and keep it.

To be honest I've found the OP to be rather arrogant in a lot of his posts. He keeps popping up offering advice all over the place giving the appearance of being some sort of expert.

cani remember which greenie it was , but yesterday there was a post made by one of us and i replied additioanlly i also pm`ed the greenie to let them know it wasnt personally and just to make sure the got what i was getting at

Classic example just here.

I post a hello comment and Gas Man has just put a thread in seconds before me. He might now read that as offensive. Me might read it as funny.

Or he might just clout me with his stilsons ...

Better than the axe lol

Just re-read some of the guys posts and he's a DIYer for sure but didn't seem that obnoxious to be honest! Never mind eh? I'm sure he'll find himself another forum to quiz folk on if he's that cheesed off here :)

It's in my opinion a given choice whether you choose to answer a question or not and give someone advice on the main forum. However it is rude to question the validity of the op's question and whether it or not it is a question deemed suitable for an answer.

Everyone has the right to ask a question regardless of how stupid it may appear to the more experienced. We all learn from each other regardless of what "level" we're at. If anyone thinks that a question is stupid, don't answer it!

Keep the RESPECT. LOL

I wonder to whom the OP is referring???

I have. Always been a fan of the small plumbing, electrical etc shops. They generally have the time and experience to suggest to novice and professional alike what the best way to carry out a task and provide the correct materials.
I personally think these shops should be supported lest we lose them and they should ne the first port of call rather than just sitting at a computer asking loads of questions and getting loads of different answers.

IMHO

Unfortunately, Mountainman, I'm stuck at my laptop or Jeremy Kyle for the next 2 weeks at least or until the docs say otherwise. Trust me mate it's bloody boring!

Four pages on this crap,

My god you all bore me.......

Hurt anyones feelings?

NO! I'll try harder next time, lol

Four pages on this crap,

My god you all bore me.......

Hurt anyones feelings?

NO! I'll try harder next time, lol

I cannot work anymore because of you and your hurtful words.....I fear you have tipped me over the edge and I must return home to cry into my pillow!! :(

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

Get well soon Sys3.

Come on Secret, you can do much better than that I'm sure.

It's in my opinion a given choice whether you choose to answer a question or not

Everyone has the right to ask a question regardless of how stupid it may appear

Keep the RESPECT. LOL
wheres me keys wheres me phone?

Thats it I am going to fridge for a beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While we're on the subject of respect and disrespect and the causing or taking of offense...

"There are two words which have become rather creepy in the last few years: One is 'respect.' And the other word is 'offense.' It's now rather common to hear people say "Well I'm offended by that', as if that gives them certain rights.

It's actually nothing more than a whine, it's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be 'respected' as a phrase. 'I am offended by that!'... Well so ****ing what?"

-Stephen Fry

Courtesy I think is a better word. Nothing wrong with courtesy. But there's no duty to respect anyone or their opinions or attitudes. Infact often there's a duty to do quite the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Funny
My approach to everyone is that there looks to...
Replies
Views
I am no expert on building regs etc but I...
Replies
Views
In my experience, the way these things usually...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
M
AW hell what's the cost of a filter, £70 and...
Replies
Views
happyflyer
H
Back