Member's attitude in forum posts | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter M.Joshi
  • Start date
  • Replies 113
  • Views 2K

Discuss Member's attitude in forum posts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ganging up on a member will not be tolerated,what every you think of him,I can see nothing wrong with his posts in this thread and no reason for him to be attacked as he was,seems a bit of bulling is going on and if any members think this will be allowed ,they are wrong!

I have to say he's getting right on my wick now. Trouble is I can't say what I think in open forum because I'll end up banned.

Got to agree he is being a tool, he seems to see himself as some kind of "peoples champion" on here. He's the kind of person that makes me not want to reply to threads asking for help. A "think he knows it all" type who will end up causing more harm than good IMO.

Got to agree he is being a tool, he seems to see himself as some kind of "peoples champion" on here. He's the kind of person that makes me not want to reply to threads asking for help. A "think he knows it all" type who will end up causing more harm than good IMO.

If you see a post that is a problem,report it and we will sort out,we can not have members picking on other members on the public forums
I shall go through his posts ,I have before and found nothing that bad in all fairness

Sorry Puddle I do not agree.

His signature can be taken as an insult and he changed it after words (posts) were exchanged with other memebrs. I would class his posts as crusading and I stand by what I wrote in the dishwasher thread. There are a number of posts that arrive with a regularity with regard to people asking how to do illegal work. The responses range from help or get a qualified engineer in to your having a laugh.

I was not bullying just merely pointing out that his signature could be taken the wrong way.

If with regard to this that my opinions are not that of a trusted advisor then please remove that status.

Sorry Puddle I do not agree.

His signature can be taken as an insult and he changed it after words (posts) were exchanged with other memebrs. I would class his posts as crusading and I stand by what I wrote in the dishwasher thread. There are a number of posts that arrive with a regularity with regard to people asking how to do illegal work. The responses range from help or get a qualified engineer in to your having a laugh.

I was not bullying just merely pointing out that his signature could be taken the wrong way.

If with regard to this that my opinions are not that of a trusted advisor then please remove that status.

I shall look into his signature

I think the rest should have been in a pm and not on the public forums

If you see a post that is a problem,report it and we will sort out,we can not have members picking on other members on the public forums
I shall go through his posts ,I have before and found nothing that bad in all fairness

Fair enough Puddle, no arguments from me on that. Its probably better I just don't reply. There does appear to be a few times that posts from members appear to cloud issues whenever a professional is trying to ascertain a problem, this is not helpful and seems to be point scoring. Maybe its been the way Ive read his posts.

The bit that gets on my wick most is his avatar and his attitude which, to the uninitiated, can make him look as though he's something to do with the trade.

Fair enough Puddle, no arguments from me on that. Its probably better I just don't reply. There does appear to be a few times that posts from members appear to cloud issues whenever a professional is trying to ascertain a problem, this is not helpful and seems to be point scoring. Maybe its been the way Ive read his posts.

Just help us mods out here guys,report something your not happy with,we will look at it and it is easier for us to act if picked up early

I have asked him to change his signature and told him not to keep chastising and criticising fellow members,I will keep a close eye on him but please think of the good of the forums when posting on the public forums with have a great place here lets keep it that way

Has mountain man been banned?! Totally harsh if he has

He has been removed for a week,We can not have members ignoring mods pm's and then posting they do not give a f......

can see nothing harsh in that

and me tea's cold now!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the arms somewhere we can can say what we really think?

you can ,if it gets to personal or insulting of others it will be edited and moved to pm
It is away from the public forums,which is the main thing

whats been said...dad.

That yoshi chancer has been winding people up and looking for a reaction. And he got one off of one of the more helpful and decent guys on the forum. The helpful guy is banned, the chancer is free to carry on offering advice on things he has absolutely no experience in.

That yoshi chancer has been winding people up and looking for a reaction. And he got one off of one of the more helpful and decent guys on the forum. The helpful guy is banned, the chancer is free to carry on offering advice on things he has absolutely no experience in.
seems a little unfair

I repeat his posts should have been reported and this situation would not of arisen

The other member in question has been temporarily removed for insulting The administration of the forums,he has had warning before and it is his lack of communication that has lead to this

The will not continue to offer any bad advise or wind anyone up,as I will personally monitor all his future posts and have removed his signature,I repeat if established members had reported the posts when they first saw them,this situation would have been avoided

Would add the good of the forums overrides all of us and we need the established members to help us to achieve this aim

Last edited by a moderator:
For christ sake don't let him have access to here after 300 post's, you may end up with members on suicide watch.

What do we do about someone who's coming a cross as a bit of a dick but hasn't actually done something to violate the terms of service? I can't pm a mod and say I just don't like him.
Some people just don't jive but i'm not going to be scared off from topics because there's a contributor who's desperate for attention and insists on being contrary.

It's a difficult balance to strike. The forum needs real tradesmen with their wealth of knowledge but in our working day we're used to straight talking and mickey taking. If there's someone a bit above themselves on site you knock them down a peg or two, it's character building and it's happened to me in the past lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Funny
My approach to everyone is that there looks to...
Replies
Views
I am no expert on building regs etc but I...
Replies
Views
In my experience, the way these things usually...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
M
AW hell what's the cost of a filter, £70 and...
Replies
Views
happyflyer
H
Back