Member's attitude in forum posts | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 5 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter M.Joshi
  • Start date
  • Replies 113
  • Views 2K

Discuss Member's attitude in forum posts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shall look into his signature

I think the rest should have been in a pm and not on the public forums

I do apologise Puddle and appreciate the work on the signature.

If in doubt in future I will make use of the report function.

So a person who knows what their on about gets a banned and a person who knows nothing and still gives advice on gas situations from what they have learnt of a website can carry on. Makes no sense to me

So a person who knows what their on about gets a banned and a person who knows nothing and still gives advice on gas situations from what they have learnt of a website can carry on. Makes no sense to me

If you read below millsy I have explained why a member was suspended

If you read below millsy I have explained why a member was suspended

I appreciate what your saying and I have read most of the thread MM has given good advice all over the site and MJoshi pops up and gives advice on things that he really should not ie on gas.

Bullying should not be accepted in any form I understand that but if I came on here I would like info off people who know what they are on about ( If I cannot give accurate advice on a thread I will not answer to it)

These are just my opinions I do not wish to wind people up so I am sorry if that is the case.

All new members should be given a mandatory signature saying.......

I have not met the burden of proof required to be considered a tradesman. I am here to learn not to teach therefore my posts may contain errors which may be potentially dangerous

This signature should remain until proof of employment or trade qualifications is received by the mod team.

What do you reckon?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Problem is plumbing is one of those games where everybody knows someone who they'd trust to re-plumb their entire house but has no bits of paper that say they can.

Ooh ooh! I know! You need a youtube comment style vote up and vote down system for posts made. Then advice given gets automatically graded for reliability by members in an anonymous way. Because most of the regulars on here know what they are talking about you would soon find that posts which contained dodgy advice got a few thumbs down and wouldn't seem so trustworthy to visiting members. Yes. There's your answer. It's not easy being a genius you know.

I'm sure MM will be back. :) What's to stop anyone returning with a different pseudonym unless our URL's are logged?

I think that the mods do a good job on this site keeping it as safe and informal as possible for Jo the bloggs! As mentioned, if you have a concern report them if you don't want to challenge them in the open forum :)

you need a way of identifying the difference between members without causing members to feel there answers are not as important or unwanted. If you create an enviroment where some members do not feel they belong then you will get less traffic and a poorer forum.

So what im saying is its difficult to know the best way to go about these things. the easy soultion for the gsr guys could be a little sign to reconise the fact a member is a gsr engineer. This may not alienate others as much because it not exactly a forum rule and its a national reconised cps.

either way the greater good of the forum needs to be put first before any one group of member. its hard :behead:

I'm sure MM will be back. :) What's to stop anyone returning with a different pseudonym unless our URL's are logged?

I think that the mods do a good job on this site keeping it as safe and informal as possible for Jo the bloggs! As mentioned, if you have a concern report them if you don't want to challenge them in the open forum :)
logged.

Mountainman would make a great Samaritan IMO!
I did apply to the Samaritans but they felt that I was too sensitive to do the job!

Thanks for the kind words and support guys, much appreciated but I've got to say that I lost sight of my professionalism and should not have risen to the bait.

I'm ok now that the pills have kicked in :chillpill:

Welcome back!

You're not a true member until you've been banned once ... helps you to find the boundaries of decency ...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Funny
My approach to everyone is that there looks to...
Replies
Views
I am no expert on building regs etc but I...
Replies
Views
In my experience, the way these things usually...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
M
AW hell what's the cost of a filter, £70 and...
Replies
Views
happyflyer
H
Back