Nelson Mandela R.I.P | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Nelson Mandela R.I.P in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some one just mention MK on Facebook ! Does it ring the bell Ray ?

Sure - if you mean Umkhonto we Sizwe - spear of the nation. Abbreviated to MK.

It was the armed wing of the ANC in the 60s and 70s.

Last edited by a moderator:
My son just told me Paris Hilton Tweeted a picture of Martin Luther King and a " I believe ......""

She removed the Tweet 5 mins later:smilewinkgrin:

The South African story is a complicated one, and certainly not as "black and white" - forgive the appalling pun - as many would have you believe.

I spent some time out there - it seems like a lifetime ago, but at one point we had the export licence for John Guest in Southern Africa - SA, Namibia, Zimbabwe and Angola.

I took the trouble to read all the history - not just the recent stuff, but right back. Its not a simple story, and rewards some patient study. And lets not forget, he was awarded the Nobel peace prize JOINTLY with F W de Klerk.

It takes two to make peace.

He did seem a good man
Yes he was a terrorist but the repression in South Africa was terrible so someone had to stand
On the other hand his wife was an evil pig

osama bin laden - Google Search

isnt this man with similar history what he was one of the best USA secret agent , and then it was terrorist ......

Not a secret agent but a member of one of the richest family's in the world
Trained by covert USA & U.K. agency's and an out and out fanatic
This sort of thing keeps biting the USA and uk in bum they arm them train then then they turn on them

Gerry Adams, Martin mcGuiness, freedom fighters or terrorists..

Northern Ireland will never have true peace, the loyalist terrorists colluded with the army and the ruc to kill and maim, now we find out the nationalists colluded with the Gardai to kill and maim.The sad thing is the difference is their religous beliefs which are pretty much the same thing to most outsiders

This thread isn't about terrorism. It's about paying respect to a great man IMHO.

He's still a political terrorist. Same as Gerry Adams and have the go ahead/masterminded the killing if innocent people. No matter what else he did those people didn't deserve to die!!
Jusy my opinion.

for what he achieved in a lifetime, a lot of people should be very grateful. Comparing him to Adams and their motley crew is an insult to someone like Mandella, so would it be possible to leave that out of it now please

for what he achieved in a lifetime, a lot of people should be very grateful. Comparing him to Adams and their motley crew is an insult to someone like Mandella, so would it be possible to leave that out of it now please
please explain what has he achieved ? I am not winding you up just interest as I am not informed what exactly he has achieved .

He took a country that treated anyone who wasnt white as a non person and bought equality to all! If thats not an ahchievement I dont know what is

But he still killed numerous innocent people. Ask their families if he's a hero!?
i don't have to leave it out as it's how I feel and I'm sorry to say how it is

But he still killed numerous innocent people. Ask their families if he's a hero!?
i don't have to leave it out as it's how I feel and I'm sorry to say how it is

well best you keep your feelings to yourself at this time then

He took a country that treated anyone who wasnt white as a non person and bought equality to all! If thats not an ahchievement I dont know what is

Not really.

Depends on your notion of equality.
All the end of apartheid brought was that one couldn't segregate and marginalise black people. Didnt really achieve much in the experience of many s.africans as the white ruling class simply switched from playing the race card to adoption of an economic model which saw poor people segregated and marginalised based on opportunities or lack thereof for the low income.

The status quo was largely (and still is) maintained in townships across s.a as the poot are also black.

The underclass are simply labelled peasants and not k.......'s and n.......'s

One would hope that a bit of respect is due to some one like Mandella, which is sadly lacking in this free country of ours that also has children turning upto to school with no shoes or coats, according to my daughter who teaches in Hackney at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
well best you keep your feelings to yourself at this time then
Not really! When thatcher died did people not say derogatory things about her?
Bin Laden was killed and I didn't see persons quoting him online,and unfortunately that's what Mandela was,he was essentially a terrorist,the same as Bin Laden. He did turn things around after but like I say if you kill numerous innocent people you can't be redeemed in my eyes. It's my opinion,one which I'm entitled to,I'm not being racist or speaking out of turn IMHO

For the younger generation amongst us it started as the "whites" ruled the country and the "non-whites" were the scum and as such there was strict rules and the two were not allowed to mix in the same place in any shape or form. The goverment said It was simply them and us and we are better, stop and search was nothing compared to what was going on, punishment was harsh and brutal and there was no appeal as such.

Then people got together and their action was to attacked goverment buildings and establishments with minor related deaths but as always some deaths did occurr and the world started to notice. The people demonstrating were outlawed and went underground before being rounded up and arrested for treason and it all kicked off. Mandela didn`t start it he simply voiced his opinion and people listened and his name spread, he was a man that had forsight and forgiveness in him that eventually lead to the country being where it is now.

Yes this is a boiled down version but thats how it all started.

Almost 30 years ago on the 20th of May 1983 a bomb exploded in Church Street in Pretoria, planted by the Marxist ANC terrorists, killing 19
innocent civilian people and injuring 217.

The bombs were authorized by Communist scum Oliver Tambo and Joe Slovo and had the blessing of Nelson Mandela himself.

There were applause and cheers of joy and support from all around the world for the ANC.

Sorry but the hypocrisy is sickening.

A small reminder, ANC... just a few of your own "dastardly" and "despicable" work...

1981 - 2 car bombs at Durban showrooms

1983 - Church Street Bomb (killed 19, wounded 217)

1984 - Durban car bomb (killed 5, wounded 27)

1985-1987 - At least 150 land mines on farm roads (killed 125)

1985 - Amanzimtoti shopping centre bomb (killed 5 people, including 3 children)

1986 - Magoo's Bar bomb (killed 3, wounded 69)

1986 - Newcastle Court bomb (wounded 24)

1987 - Johannesburg Court bomb (killed 3, wounded 10)

1987 - Wits command centre car bomb (killed 1, wounded 68)

1988 - Johannesburg video arcade (killed 1 unborn baby, wounded 10)

1988 - Roodepoort bank bomb (killed 4, wounded 18)

1988 - Pretoria Police housing unit, 2 bombs (wounded 3)

1988 - Magistrate's Court bomb (killed 3)

1988 - Benoni Wimpy Bar bomb (killed 1, wounded 56)

1988 - Witbank shopping centre bomb (killed 2, wounded 42)

1988 - Ellis Park Rugby Stadium car bomb (killed 2, wounded 37)

Late 1980s - numerous Wimpy Restaurant bombs (killed many, wounded many)

And people wonder why???????

Just something to think over....

Terrorism at it's most brutal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
https://www.bes.co.uk/insuduct-pipe-protection-...
Replies
Views
In that case, just get the Mechanical Engineer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Most of the people who answer questions here...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm...
Replies
Views
It's a very old house so I doubt it but I'll...
Replies
Views
Back