Sacked today | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sacked today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't have a written contract you have what is called an implied contract.

bad news today, good omens for tomorrow. you wouldnt really want to work for prats like that would you?.
my brother in law went this route last year and won the case in court, well the employer did not attend and so was awarded something like £8k.
he is still waiting for the settlement 9 months on.?.+8% per week interest!!!!.

p.s get yourself a tidy little berlingo 54 plate for £1.500 of the 'bay' and save the rest for the future.

has the dime bar given you all this in writing ?

he gave me the letter about the ladder incident and at the bottom it states "this is not a dissaplinary letter" but I asked for all of it in writing and he said he will post it to me, he just read a list off that he had in his hand of things I had done wrong.

Thanks for all the messages everyone and for all the private ones, I have spoken with acas and they said write a letter to them within 5 days stating I think I have been unfairly dismissed. I have already typed it out, if anyones intrested I can try and post it?

cheers for all the support, I like everyone at my work I just hate this manager bloke same as everyone else, I realy dont want to work for him again and aparantly when they recieve my letter they have no option but to hold a meeting with me. They may choose to reinstate my position at the company which I am hoping wont happen.

Funny enough,just heard on the radio, 30,000 kids a year,under 5,go to hospital due to falling down stairs,guess it's 30,001 now :dizzy2:,obviously some are unfortunate accidents but that leaves a lot of irresponsible parents

imho

Probably an implied one for you. A written one is more to protect the company. Something like their written terms and conditions.

Funny enough,just heard on the radio, 30,000 kids a year,under 5,go to hospital due to falling down stairs,guess it's 30,001 now :dizzy2:,obviously some are unfortunate accidents but that leaves a lot of irresponsible parents

imho

I wonder how many of them were taken to hospital by parents with cut fingers

Bad news there south coast, I have read the replies hence I have nothing to add but to wish you the best of luck in resolving the issue

Thanks for all the messages everyone and for all the private ones, I have spoken with acas and they said write a letter to them within 5 days stating I think I have been unfairly dismissed. I have already typed it out, if anyones intrested I can try and post it?

cheers for all the support, I like everyone at my work I just hate this manager bloke same as everyone else, I realy dont want to work for him again and aparantly when they recieve my letter they have no option but to hold a meeting with me. They may choose to reinstate my position at the company which I am hoping wont happen.

It may be worth trying to post your letter on here(hide your sensitive info) and you might get a bit more input on maybe if it could be phrased any better,you never know,there might actually be some bright sparks on here.
Tough situation to be stuck in mate,but if all is as you say,do them and do them hard,it seems like they dont have a leg to stand on.

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be worth trying to post your letter on here(hide your sensitive info) and you might get a bit more input on maybe if it could be phrased any better,you never know,there might actually be some bright sparks on here.
Tough situation to be stuck in mate,but if all is as you say,do them and do them hard,it seems like they dont have a leg to stand on.

no we are plumbers LOL

i did a sub contract job once for a council and was sent to this house - you needed wellys in the house due to the scummy state it was in all the thread bare carpets were holed . i spilt one drop of dirty water on the stairs and they tried to claim .i would not have given that carpet to my dog. there are some terible people out there its a shame as it tarneshes the ones who are honest.

ant

They can't just fire you without an investigation and due procedure.

The homeowner was responsible for the condition of the ladders. Granted you were careless in leaving it down but I would think it's only a minor misdemeanour.

You could speak to a solicitor - there are plenty about doing no-win-no-fees for such cases.

However if the company is on the verge of going into liquidation and in credit, there may well not be any money available if you win the case, as the secured creditors are the first in line to any remaning assets.

Last edited:
Withe regard to the loft ladder.

I have been told by companies I have worked for in past, this is the responsibility of the tenant and technically I should not even be putting it down/up. If the tenant gets injured pulling the ladder down that's ok. If I were to get injured pulling down the ladder it is my fault and should not be doing it in first place.

WHPES raised a good point here about liquidation. If it happens, no matter what the outcome of any tribunal you are on to plumbs.
Still worth chasing tho as it seems you have a valid case..

if anyones intrested I can try and post it?

They may choose to reinstate my position at the company which I am hoping wont happen.

post it if your comfortable with the idea.

you can pm me if you like, my wife has a law degree and we both used to work at c.a.b

they can't backtrack and reinstate you if you don't wish it. because they could just do things by the book this time and pick up on every tiny thing and issue warnings. its down to breach of trust which can work both ways, if they get the willies when your solicitors letter turns up and offer you the job back you are entitled to say no and pursue your claim for UD, when proven you still have the option of returning or looking for another job while still receiving full pay from them until any new employment commences. plus a pay out for the UD itself

or we could have ukplumbersforum outing ? bit like the jollie boys in OFAH , ive suggested this a few times now only a matter of time before someone accepts :)

I know that you have a good case by the sounds of it but just be carefull, you could win and then they wind the company up and you still wont get a penny. May be worth a friendly chat with the directors.

Do you have legal cover on your household insurance? If so, give them a call if they think you've a case(sounds like you have) then they'll appoint solicitors for you or pay reasonable cost toward one of your choosing. Once your old firm get a whif of the fact you're not going to take it lying down and you're not shelling out your own money I'd expect them to (at some point with the guidance of their solicitors) offer you a settlement.

This will be tax free.

You find another decent firm and move on. They realize that just because they are up the tree doesn't mean they can wee on the little people who get them there.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It looks like a bog standard, at the moment it...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Hi appreciate and thanks to all that replied...
Replies
Views
Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
Back