The Snow | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter tamz
  • Start date
  • Replies 112
  • Views 11K

Discuss The Snow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hillman avenger !! that brings back memories , needed 2 people to lift the bonnet it was that heavy. Built myself a Dax tojeiro (cobra replica) a couple of years ago 6 1/2 litre V8 12MPG , but boy does it go

The Hillman avenger !! that brings back memories , needed 2 people to lift the bonnet it was that heavy. Built myself a Dax tojeiro (cobra replica) a couple of years ago 6 1/2 litre V8 12MPG , but boy does it go
Real muscle car, bet that didn't see any snow.

Thought I'd resurrect this old thread.

The snow is back...the phone keeps ringing, but it took me an hour just to get the van off the drive. With all the weight in the back and front wheel drive it just spins on the spot.

I hate turning work away, One client was willing to come pick me up in his 4 X 4 on saturday, but I managed to get there in the end. Then some berk backed his lorry into the van while I was stuck in traffic.

This cold weather it brings the work in, but makes it so tricky to get out and do it!

Plus the water in my u guage froze solid, I measured -12, pretty nippy for us southerners!

Last edited:
nearly killed my beloved rover 75 earlier i mainly use the van but the rover having massively wide low profile tyres grips like sh@t in the snow,so had to pick sprog 1 up from granny's(he been stuck there a week and half) went up the hill ok coming down it turned into a big sleigh sh@t myself thought i twa@@ed a fiesta but no damage thank god

I hear it's been pretty bad in Wales.

I slid into a bush the other day....not having much luck on the whole driving front!

That said I drove our Ford Focus today on the exact same stretch of road that I'd just returned home from and it was easy in the car. My van is genuinely lethal. It just spins on the spot any hill....I have to back it up and get a run up!

I'm getting a belly these days, perhaps it will help put some weight over the front tyres!

I had to be pulled up a hill tonight in my van by our land cruiser. Got home, jumped into the Toyota and tootled off to sort a customer's stove out. On way back stopped to pull a different van up the hill.

I love this weather!! Unfortunately I've not got the car tomorrow so can't get out!!!

we still have snow, hasnt snowed for 3 days but with it not getting above freezing it aint going anywhere

i get the same problem in both the astra and transit they are both heavy in the back and both front wheel drive, Wales has had it bad funny though the out of the way valleys have been gritted well no probs getting around the bigger towns and cities just crap it dont figure

Yeah, it doesn't help that the temp stays so low. My poor mate. Fitted a oil fired boiler in a little outhouse.

He calls me up in a panic as it had locked out in the night (doesn't yet know why) anyway it had frozen, but split and thawed, poured water onto everything, then refrozen. He couldn't get his tools out as they were in a block of ice. I swear to god his open tote tool bag looked like a frozen meal for one. Poor guy, the pump had frozen and split, it had a giant icicle from the split pipe arcing into the boiler.

I was glad I didn't get involved installing that one, I had been asked but was too busy. Poor bloke was in hell. I helped him out with what i could.

Yeah, it doesn't help that the temp stays so low. My poor mate. Fitted a oil fired boiler in a little outhouse.

He calls me up in a panic as it had locked out in the night (doesn't yet know why) anyway it had frozen, but split and thawed, poured water onto everything, then refrozen. He couldn't get his tools out as they were in a block of ice. I swear to god his open tote tool bag looked like a frozen meal for one. Poor guy, the pump had frozen and split, it had a giant icicle from the split pipe arcing into the boiler.

I was glad I didn't get involved installing that one, I had been asked but was too busy. Poor bloke was in hell. I helped him out with what i could.

poor sod, sympathies stress levels must have hit the roof

Use your gears more and not your brakes so much. If you are building up speed coming down a steep hill and know you will slide if you brake, use the deeper snow at the side of the road to slow you. Dig out any old pieces of carpet you have up the loft of at the back of the cupboards and use it under the wheels for grip if you get stuck. (don't bother going back for it:p)

All transit sized vans a bad in the snow. Some are just more bad than others.

Yeah, I thought he might keel over...poor sod. Don't think it's ever gone that bad for me. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I'm hoping that the weather tomorrow is kind to us. I have some really tasty work lined up, but I just know I'm gonna be sat in the house picking my nose, looking out the window!

i have a combi to change,but the hill is mega steep wonder if i can borrow tamz 4x4 LOL

i have a combi to change,but the hill is mega steep wonder if i can borrow tamz 4x4 LOL

Yeah my father has a Nevara, it goes everywhere. I was working with him the other week and chuckling evilly as we sailed past poor stuck cars. Then old mother karma slaps me and reminds me not to be such a D***!!

My wife is 8 and a half months pregnant, so I should probably consider that too! LOL.

yes your missus being due is your first priority,when my girl was born i was in the middle of a full boiler and rad renewal thank god i had my old man to carry on

yes your missus being due is your first priority,when my girl was born i was in the middle of a full boiler and rad renewal thank god i had my old man to carry on

I have a little girl too. She's 2.5 years old, well three in March. When she was born I took the week off. Dad came round to see her, I said hows the job going? He said,
'Oh I've given myself the week off too. Thought we'd both start again on Monday' He's a true plumber!

I should make it my top priority, but work comes first!! HA!

my dad said to me when i had the call,have you finished installing the combi? b,tard he was joking but he turned round and said" i would have thought you would have changed a rad or 2 by now" should have seen his face when he met his first grand daughter he was crying

My lad's nearly 22 and me daughter's nearly 18. she rang me up the other week with "Daaad! I've dyed my hair!"

"Really poppet? What colour?"

Oh My Gawd!

Eloise 4.jpg

That's my wee girl that is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I do, sometimes, at the end of a shower, but I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Gonna need the tools. The joint is made with a...
Replies
Views
Sounds like a dual zone with room stat on...
Replies
Views
Back