The ultimate which combi poll | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss The ultimate which combi poll in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Its going in my house. Price isn't completely meaningless, but this won't get decided on the basis of cost.

One bathroom, boiler is in airing cupboard right next door. Horizontal flue, but 3 storeys up. 22mm gas all the way to the boiler, plenty of flow and pressure, but no room for an unvented cylinder.

Only me and Mrs S living there now. I prefer the shower, Mrs S like to soak in the tub. We expect to own the house for a while yet, and it will be serviced regularly (unlike the out-going floor standing combi)

So, which of the 4 should I go for?

There is no "other" option, as I wont support a manufacturer who doesn't support us.

I knock he first two off , and I wouldnt use the fourth as you know

Seems to be a landslide with the first three votes, interesting to see how it goes,

Big combi, 3 storeys, mansion like yours, sounds like 22mm may not be enough, Raymondo.

I would also like to say that they will all be crap if they aren't fitted well.

Big combi, 3 storeys, mansion like yours, sounds like 22mm may not be enough, Raymondo.

Its the same old narrow-but-tall 3 bedroom terraced house that I've lived in for 20 years - hardly a mansion. :)

I would also like to say that they will all be crap if they aren't fitted well.

Good point. Can anyone direct me to an online forum where I might find a competent heating engineer?

:)

Ahh on tappa talk. I cant see the poll or also who is bum safe registered etc.

Vogue my reason.
You like a bath so you can fit a biggun (40) for good hot water flow and also benefit from the low modulation Kw on heating side.

I would still argue why you need a 40kW boiler to be honest. A 32kw would only take a few minutes longer to run a bath. All this litres/min talk is pub chat in real world. If you want supersonic flow rates, go unvented.

40 is way oversized for one bathroom, 30 -34 depending on make n model, the 40 may need 28mm gas depending on length of run as the usage is around 4.4m3'

40 is way oversized for one bathroom, 30 -34 depending on make n model, the 40 may need 28mm gas depending on length of run as the usage is around 4.4m3'

it's only oversized till the missues decides to do the washing up while you're in the shower !!

ray, what was your old floor stander ? i'm assuming you want the same performance from it?

ray, what was your old floor stander ? i'm assuming you want the same performance from it?

Its a Radiant RBA/CS. It's a 28kw combi coupled with a 45 litre built in storage. Brilliant for the first few minutes, then very average once the store is exhausted.

it's only oversized till the missues decides to do the washing up while you're in the shower !!

Are u saying a 34kw won't manage 2 outlets, not saying it will be full flow but it will cope,

it would run it BUT i would want minimal interruption to my shower.
75+vat difference in boiler sizes.

providing the gas + flow rate will be sufficient then why not.
i know it won't modulate as low.
Ray may decide to get a deluge head for his shower or he could already have it.

Can we all come and solder one joint? I'd work for cheese and biscuits and a large port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Vaillant all day mate
Replies
Views
N
The guy sounds very profesional and a credit...
Replies
Views
so-solar
S
Back