The ultimate which combi poll | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 5 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss The ultimate which combi poll in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Ideal Vogue.

But following Nostrum's advice, I reduced it to a 32kw. I really don't think we need a 40kw, and I am not convinced that the relatively long gas run would be up to it.

Being fitted tomorrow, along with a 22mm Magnaclean Pro2 and a Salus iT500.

now you have had the salus it500, how our you finding it for reliability and ease of use Ray, a customer of mine is interested in one.

now you have had the salus it500, how our you finding it for reliability and ease of use Ray, a customer of mine is interested in one.

I have just set up the it500, something the installer didn't do. He just wired the base station in, and left the rest of the stuff, saying to Mrs S "I haven't been trained to do these, but you should be ok, because all the instructions are there".

He was right in that it was straightforward to set up - it took about 20 mins, of which 5 minutes was downloading an upgrade to the software, and another couple of minutes installing the app on my iPhone. I can certainly control the heating from my phone, which is good.

It seems reasonably easy to use, but since its a lovely late spring day, I'm not really fancying having the heating on. And I haven't had it long enough to comment on reliability, but during the set up, everything worked first time.

I have just set up the it500, something the installer didn't do. He just wired the base station in, and left the rest of the stuff, saying to Mrs S "I haven't been trained to do these, but you should be ok, because all the instructions are there"

Bet you and Mrs S were not inpressed with that sort of attitude.

Bet you and Mrs S were not inpressed with that sort of attitude.

I'm afraid it ran through the whole installation. I am pretty sure that they under priced it, at £600 +VAT with me supplying boiler and flue, iT500 and Magnaclean, and them supplying everything else.

Because its 3 stories up, its not the most straightforward job, and it was priced without a survey. I didn't query it because they have been looking after the old boiler for 18 years, and replaced all the rads and the gas run a couple of years ago, so they know the layout of the house.

But all the way through, its been like they resented getting the job. They even told Mrs S at one point that they wouldn't be able to get the old boiler down the stairs. It was only when she wondered aloud how on earth I had managed to get it up there that they decided they might find a way.

Its a shame, because now I have to find another plumbing and heating firm, which is not as easy as it sounds, because I would rather not use a customer.

Ray Stafford; They even told Mrs S at one point that they wouldn't be able to get the old boiler down the stairs. It was only when she wondered aloud how on earth I had managed to get it up there that they decided they might find a way. [/QUOTE said:
Good on her Ray, a lot of wives leave problems for hubby to sort out when they get home.

I would've worked for cheese and biscuits. Although I would've wandered around filming the house like an episode of through the keyhole!

That, and tried on all the underwear in the house. Ray's included. ....

That, and tried on all the underwear in the house. Ray's included. ....

One often wonders if the folk that always bring this up, this are still at it them selves, the thought of Croppie in a thong .............
sorry I feel sick now :(

Just got to the end of this thread feel a bit sick now, What started as a poll about boilers ends up with thoughts about croppies skidmarks on a thong:eek:sama:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Vaillant all day mate
Replies
Views
N
The guy sounds very profesional and a credit...
Replies
Views
so-solar
S
Back