Things you only eat at Christmas time | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Rickster123
  • Start date
  • Replies 121
  • Views 2K

Discuss Things you only eat at Christmas time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
The christmas advert on every half hour or so uo here.
IRNBRU Snowman Advert - YouTube

There are a few different versions of this if you look around.

It was a limited run Jules so probably only up here.
Last year i was n a big site and a young apprentice was hanging around with nothing to do. I told hm to go get a wheel barrow and go around collecting the emptiy juice bottles then take them to the shop and cash them in. He collected and bagged them then wheeled them to the shop and had over £80 worth of bottles and when he came back it caused a bit of a row (pronounced rouwe i think meaning argument).
I had to step in and tell them to calm the fk down and if they wanted the empties they should take them back themselves. Leave the laddie alone.
It was the 80 quid that annoyed them

when i was a kid we'd collect ben shaw's bottles 10 p a bottle dandelion and burdock & sasarsprilla were my favourate drinks back then

80 quid thats some serious bottle collecting. think the most i earned was a quid at 10 p a bottle

30p a bottle up here. Not long in mounting up on a site of 1 or 200 guys

Ha ha this brings back memories. We used to go knocking at all the neighbours doors and take back empties to the off licence for the deposits. Usually 5 or ten p per bottle:sly:

So you were poor too :lol:
Screwtops were the best for us. We got a tanner for a screwtop from the pub and 10 minutes later the bottles were put out the back which we lifted and took back in :smile:
The ice cream man would break wafers to give to us when we asked for broken wafers. He must have felt sorry for us standing there black faced in our knitted arran jumpers down to our skint knees :lol:
Weans now a-days know nothing!

So you were poor too :lol:
Screwtops were the best for us. We got a tanner for a screwtop from the pub and 10 minutes later the bottles were put out the back which we lifted and took back in :smile:
The ice cream man would break wafers to give to us when we asked for broken wafers. He must have felt sorry for us standing there black faced in our knitted arran jumpers down to our skint knees :lol:
Weans now a-days know nothing!

I remember the screw top bottles from the pub - we never took them back into the same pub - just wait till they went into the wooden crate out the back and then lift them and take them down the road to a different pub.

And then take the money to Sterratts the bakers, who would sell you yesterdays buns for a penny each.

So you were poor too ...

...Weans now a-days know nothing!

Nah, we weren't poor Tamz. We weren't rich, but we weren't poor.

I remember listening to my Nan's stories from the general strike in the 20s. That was poor, when breakfast was a cup of hot water, and men queued up for what we wouldnt feed to an animal now. We never had it that bad.

Love rollmops always pick up a jar if im in Ikea.

Mrs S's bridesmaid was Jewish, and introduced me to the finest Jewish tradition of the all - breakfast!

Chopped herring on a freshly toasted bagel may actually be a better breakfast than a bacon roll. And it cost me a lot to admit that.

I remember the screw top bottles from the pub - we never took them back into the same pub - just wait till they went into the wooden crate out the back and then lift them and take them down the road to a different pub.

And then take the money to Sterratts the bakers, who would sell you yesterdays buns for a penny each.

Good god ray that sounded like a scene from Heartbeat!

LOL they are about 35p a bottle so i get the mrs to spash out on a couple of dozen at a time :lol:

It tastes better from the glass bottles. Irn bru tastes better from glass bottles too.

Iron brew is my favourite

I'm sure I read somewhere that aluminum cans and plastic bottles are microporous whereas glass bottles aren't, hence the better condition of the drink and the better taste.

I'm sure I read somewhere that aluminum cans and plastic bottles are microporous whereas glass bottles aren't, hence the better condition of the drink and the better taste.

You read some interesting stuff.........

Naaahht! :)

If its beer. Avoid green bottles. Brown glass only as its the only colour which filters uv rays. Uv makes hops taste funny kind of a twangy aftertaste.

No bottle collecting for me. We lived by the sea so I built a barrow and used to spend my Saturday and Sundays at the train and coach station, taking holiday makers bags to their hotels. Even had my little pad so I could book in the return trip a week or two later :) It was quite profitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Excellent thank you for taking the time to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks very much for your help.
Replies
Views
Back