water help no hot water | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss water help no hot water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

hi we have an issue with our heating and water system . new flow switch and new pump , system bled , all done by a professional but still no hot water or heating. when the plumber left yesterday we had boiling radiators and some hot water although the heating was switched off. my suspicion is diverter valve but unsure as to why nothing is working again now. boiler tries to kick in but says FD error (flow)

would be really happy for some advice as we have been 4 weeks without hot water no and the Mrs isn't happy.

thanks in advance
John

And have you checked your 3 port again? If that's coming out of your filter, could be blocking your 3 port :eek:
I tried the new 3 port on manual setting and that didn't help, also tried heating and that's not functioning although you can hear the valve motor move. I know is difficult to diagnose on the internet but it's doing is in. If I knew how I could flush it through I would try myself but other than that it's midweek untill we can get a new plumber out. There can't be much else in the system can there. Again I'm guessing but there must be a blockage somewhere. You can hear the water start to flow and you can feel it throughout the pipes to tank but I suppose that could be pump vibration.

I presume I can wire in a Immersion heater, I'm just trying to find the length I can use. Attached image is my tank info.

Attachments

• IMG_20190803_204529_50.jpg
    IMG_20190803_204529_50.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 29
Hard to tell from that photo, but I’m unsure if that first valve on the pump is fully open? Check both are fully open (anti-clockwise). Also check your boiler thermostat is turned up.

On both , when it was first so called repaired it all worked on pump speed 2 , but then struggled so had to be moved to 3, my thinking is it's a blockage moving around but I'm doing a lot of thinking over it all probably too much lol.
It could easily be an airlock after the repair. The plumber most likely drained down to some degree to change the valve so an air lock would not be uncommon. Try cycling your hot water on and off for a few minutes. Using the programmer turn the hot water on, for 10 - 20 seconds, off for 10 - 20 seconds and do this for a few minutes. You should be able to hear the water move and possible hear bubbles in the system. Other than that it could be a blockage or even a blocked cold feed/dried up f&e tank.

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Do you have a water cistern in the loft that...
Replies
Views
The timeclock is hopefully fairly self...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We have solar panels for our hot water...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back