water help no hot water | Bathroom Advice | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss water help no hot water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

hi we have an issue with our heating and water system . new flow switch and new pump , system bled , all done by a professional but still no hot water or heating. when the plumber left yesterday we had boiling radiators and some hot water although the heating was switched off. my suspicion is diverter valve but unsure as to why nothing is working again now. boiler tries to kick in but says FD error (flow)

would be really happy for some advice as we have been 4 weeks without hot water no and the Mrs isn't happy.

thanks in advance
John

Sounds like air in the system, try bleeding all radiators and any manual / automatic vent points. If no air comes out I'm afraid you'll have to hire another plumber or get the first one back, I hope you haven't paid him!

I would never leave a customer like this

Ok am I doing something wrong, this is the tap the plumber drained the water out of the system with above the boiler. In my little mind I thought if I opened that valve/tap water should come out, am I wrong do I have to open anything else. I don't want to completely drain everything down just view the water or make sure it's making it to the boiler and it's not just air pushing around.

Attachments

• IMG_20190804_165017_50.jpg
    IMG_20190804_165017_50.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 8
Ok am I doing something wrong, this is the tap the plumber drained the water out of the system with above the boiler. In my little mind I thought if I opened that valve/tap water should come out, am I wrong do I have to open anything else. I don't want to completely drain everything down just view the water or make sure it's making it to the boiler and it's not just air pushing around.

Yes that’s the drain cock and is used for draining purposes.

So I should have water come out of that?
Water will come out so long as the washer isn't stuck or the valve blocked. If the plumber recently used it then it should be fine. What I would do is attach a hose, open the valve and then go in the loft to check that the water level in the tank drops and refills. This will prove if the cold feed is blocked or not.

Water will come out so long as the washer isn't stuck or the valve blocked. If the plumber recently used it then it should be fine. What I would do is attach a hose, open the valve and then go in the loft to check that the water level in the tank drops and refills. This will prove if the cold feed is blocked or not.

Nothing comes out when I undo the square bit, do I have to push or press anything, it opens very easily but not even a drip out of it when square bit fully open.

Nothing comes out when I undo the square bit, do I have to push or press anything, it opens very easily but not even a drip out of it when square bit fully open.
If it was me, I'd slightly unscrew the circular nut that the square nut passes through, don't take it all out but it will allow you open the drain valve further, this can sometimes free off the washer in the valve. Be warned though, if the washer is knackered you could find the valve won't re seal. Personally I'd wait till tomorrow till shops are open to get a replacement if needed.

If it was me, I'd slightly unscrew the circular nut that the square nut passes through, don't take it all out but it will allow you open the drain valve further, this can sometimes free off the washer in the valve. Be warned though, if the washer is knackered you could find the valve won't re seal. Personally I'd wait till tomorrow till shops are open to get a replacement if needed.

I Agree with Craig, best wait til tomorrow :)

I've given up properly now.

That lock ring thing was quite loose.

My partner said she saw the the plumber draining water out there with hose attached with clear water running through, again in my head the colour of water in header tank how can it be running clear.

Well another 5 hours with a different plumber and guess what, no hot water or heating. I'm at work but the Mrs has said they have replaced a load of pipework in the airing cupboard and got some sludgy water out. But it's still coming up flow error. Going to have to come back another day, dread to think on cost of this little lot. Sad times.

Well another 5 hours with a different plumber and guess what, no hot water or heating. I'm at work but the Mrs has said they have replaced a load of pipework in the airing cupboard and got some sludgy water out. But it's still coming up flow error. Going to have to come back another day, dread to think on cost of this little lot. Sad times.
When you get home take a pic of the new pipe work, just to keep us updated.

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Do you have a water cistern in the loft that...
Replies
Views
The timeclock is hopefully fairly self...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We have solar panels for our hot water...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back