Websites | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Jeff_JLED
  • Start date
  • Replies 72
  • Views 8K

Discuss Websites in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeff_JLED

Morning guys,

Happy Friday! I want to do something productive over the weekend and have been thinking about getting a website up for my business for a long time. The wife told me I should "showcase the hard work I do" or something along those lines! Thought i'd ask around on here to see companies that people have used to get a nice, cheerful and relatively cheap website for a sole trader. They can't all be bad eggs, can they?! Any ideas and suggestions would be most welcome.

Jeff :smile:

Hi Jeff,

If you simply want a "slideshow" type website to post pictures of your good work, you can get it done really well and really cheaply by putting the project to tender on freelancer.com. I have done a few websites and if you pick your contractor well (it's simple enough, Scritplance has a rating system in place) you can have something basic but nice looking for £100/£200

If you are looking to get business from your site, you will need Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) done, and that starts with the domain name, so very early on. Also, you will be looking at monthly fees from a company in order that this bears fruit.

Apart from the site itself, you also need to have the domain name registered, and the future site hosted, by an Internet Service Provider (ISP). I have used 34sp.com for more than 10 years and their service is perfect, their customer service simply amazing and their prices ultra-competitive. But of course there are others out there (if you do go with them though, let me know as we can both get a month free hosting through their referral system).

Hope this helps a bit.

did my one myself, as it is my hobby, however few sections still missing, but don't have to pay anybody. using my VPS for another website i have so have enough space so just paid for a domain. There is somebody on the forum doing websites for guys here, somebody will post his details so you can contact him ;)

Unless the website id keyword optimised and linked to other websites appropriate to the trade it will be nothing more than a glorified online 'business card' that is only found by the people you tell about it yourself.

Some of us (huf!) have been working on this for YEARS and still have not be very fruitful.

Do not do it unless you are prepared to spend a few quid on SEO, but do not use a big company. Go for a little guy maybe local to you.

You have to speculate to accumulate and if done properly a website like this would bring in more trade than £1000's of pounds of direct advertising!

BEWARE - The web has now been done to death and particually I find in plumbing. I would not have a hope in hell of ranking number 1 for the local plumbing based keywords i would need to bring work in.
Give me 5 years and £5000 I might be able to do something!!!!

Really think cause if you live somewhere like London you will have a buggers chance of showing up on the top 100 results in Google . . . ..

PM Kay-jay his friend does good deals i hear and ive heard his contact has sorted or is sorting a few people on here.

yer pm kay-jay his friend does them for £50 a month and you can get front page of google etc he doesnt charge to design and build the website but he makes money from the google optimisation

put in some rads for a friend who built me a website, happens he builds radio ones as well so he cant be to bad

Also forgot to say I am number 1 if you type in google, plumber aylesbury (under google ads)

This chap andrew does he actually get you on the 1st page of Google?

I am terribly suspect of statements like that as many advertisers used to cold call offering the same thing (and I would hang up on them!)

Feedback would be interesting as I have been looking for someone who really knows SEO for years . . . .

This chap andrew does he actually get you on the 1st page of Google?

I am terribly suspect of statements like that as many advertisers used to cold call offering the same thing (and I would hang up on them!)

Feedback would be interesting as I have been looking for someone who really knows SEO for years . . . .

Last business I ran I used "the best of" website and payed but it did work and I found out about this through business breakfasts/networking. Do you know much about networking and have you ever tried it out?? I think it can be very good for us and is not that expensive imo...

Bro in law is working on a site for me and he know's about SEO he'll help any paying customer and does this in his spare time.

If you go for a website that comes with hosting make sure that the domain name is registered in your name, or that the agreement makes it clear that the domain name will be transferred to another host server at reasonable cost, should you want that at some later date.

Having your trade name registered by someone else as a domain is not really a good idea - better to get it done in your name at the outset.

right then

Andrew is excellent
Andrew is Cheap

My website is
Plumber in Bolton | Plumber Lostock, Bolton | KJS Plumbing and Heating

i rank on first page for search terms that generate 21500 searches, the work is flowing very nicely.

my google report is available for anyone who is interested. this proves andrew can do what he says. it takes upto 3 months to get to first poage but once there you will dominate.

cant reccomend him highly enough.

if anyone is interested just pm me and i can provide a list of sites andrew has done.

p.s all sites are completely individual and not from templates. you have complete control over content and layout etc and can change as many things as you like as often as you like until you are 100 % happy with your site

KJ

p.s for further enquiries or information please just pm me.

£55 per month is the only charge (no hidden extras like domain names and hosting.
all websites are 5 pages. (additional pages are charged at £2 per month so a 7 page site would be £59 and so on)

You can register your business domain name here for a song:-

Register Domains With 1&1 Internet

It will remained 'parked up' until you want to use it - when you have found a web-designer and host server, it can easily be transferred using the passwords and codes they will give you.

Web designers come and go rapidly, and if they go bust and have registered your business name in their name, you may end up stuffed.

You can register your business domain name here for a song:-

Register Domains With 1&1 Internet

It will remained 'parked up' until you want to use it - when you have found a web-designer and host server, it can easily be transferred using the passwords and codes they will give you.

Web designers come and go rapidly, and if they go bust and have registered your business name in their name, you may end up stuffed.

Wouldn't bother unless you know what you are doing.
For example did you know that Google likes some more than others? Choosing the wrong one could jeopardize your seo work.

Far better to let someone like Andrew do it.:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Wouldn't bother unless you know what you are doing.
For example did you know that Google likes some more than others? Choosing the wrong one could jeopardize your seo work.

Far better to let someone like Andrew do it.:)

agreed

my only worry is that not everyone can be on page 1 of google, there isn't the room! :iagree:

Last edited by a moderator:
my only worry is that not everyone can be on page 1 of google, there isn't the room! :iagree:

The first thing Andrew does is look at your competitors who are on the first page currently. He then uses the tools of his trade to assess the level of seo work they have had done. Based on this assessment he can tell you definitively whether he can achieve it. He always can. He is an expert. 99% of seo workers are charlatans and of the good ones there are few with Andrews knowledge and expertise. Im on first page and bolton is a particularly competitive market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hi Guys, As some of you know I have been...
Replies
Views
T
R
Hi Fubar We're looking at different methods...
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
Bump. Did contact a "new" Coventry company...
Replies
Views
R
***edit*** Damn you new tapatalk thought i...
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Replies
Views
newcastle phill
N
R
That answers me question, Well done you.
2 3
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
Back