What u guys on today | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What u guys on today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent the morning on overcharging as usual.

Then I moved on to degrade some product quality, and replace some good products with cheap imports.

Hopefully I will have time later this afternoon to mix up some customers orders, and to forget to order some specials that I know are really urgent, and wrap up the day by opening up some Mira showers and removing random items from the boxes.

Its a tough life being a merchant. :)
I wondered who did the miras you little tinker!!!

Nice easy day for me.

4 landlord certs then changed a fan on a boiler this afternoon. Actually finished early today! An easy day was needed after such a busy weekend i'm shattered.

Not sure what I have on for the rest of the week as jobs come in all the time. I have a dodgy immersion to have a look at tomorrow morning 8am. Possibly swap the stat but if the element has gone will change the whole thing. so i might be there for 5 minutes or an hour. Then off to the office for the rest of my jobs.

Enjoying work at the minute, everything is starting to fall in to place.

Unblocked a sink at the local doctors surgery. Didn't tell me until I had it in bits that somebody had puked down it, one of these venesta things as well. All was clear except the outlet. The inch and a quarter ran under the concrete and out into the side of a trapped gully. No lid on the gully and 14 years worth of chippings up the pipe.

Repaired toilet, which put me in Darlington to pick up some gear and call to Maccy D's for 3 cheeseburgers and a large shake.

Then up into the sticks to change a 6m pump. Which would have been easy if my arms were 18" longer or I was 5 stone lighter. Whoever fitted it would have had red hot ears. Plus the bloke had had a go and it was leaking and the pump valves were passing.

Tomorrow its checkatrade at 9, then a toilet and then off to London.

Simon, take your passport and get jabs. Lock the doors an don't breathe air or speak to locals. Take plenty of ham peaspudding stotties, in case of an emergency.

London village is a scary place!

Its a flying visit. Staying at Slough Travelodge and then across to Heathrow to pick up the wifes sister.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ham and pease pudding :)

I moved a gas meter today. Replaced a couple of others and that's about it. Got some training to do for newbies too. More of the same tomorrow and need to sort a tap out.

Might crack open a beer as I'll be on call at the weekend!

What area are you in? I'm interested to know how long people wait to get a written reply from the gas supplier allowing them to move the meter ;-)

Nice easy day for me.

4 landlord certs then changed a fan on a boiler this afternoon. Actually finished early today! An easy day was needed after such a busy weekend i'm shattered.

Not sure what I have on for the rest of the week as jobs come in all the time. I have a dodgy immersion to have a look at tomorrow morning 8am. Possibly swap the stat but if the element has gone will change the whole thing. so i might be there for 5 minutes or an hour. Then off to the office for the rest of my jobs.

Enjoying work at the minute, everything is starting to fall in to place.

Good to hear Ash!

bit of second fix plumbing in a conny today,rad and rip out a bathroom tomorrow,stoke on trent Wednesday BFM training

Open flue boiler out and combi in, new gas run etc. Wednesday Thursday re site a boiler, Friday a few services and a room stat swap. Then of on my jollies for a week.

Fitting an unvented cylinder and relevant pipework for an air source heat pump.

doing the whole place, heating system, bathroom and ensuite. Not in one go, bit by bit to keep the existing services running

1 bathroom , 1 ensuite to second fix , viessman to commission shower tray to lay Wednesday for tilers then Thursday well who knows I could be dead by the.

digging a trench in the rain this pm to rediscover some alkathene thats perforated even deeper down than the last repipe earlier last month and repair, and its mm away from the electric mains cable in the same trench :( so no mechanical digger will help. so tonight the old back is letting me know it is still there. Only do this work as the customer is a regular and pays well

I've had landlords certificates to do today, which all need servicing whilst I was there. Only boilers though, so wasn't too bad. I had 14 completed jobs today, so money wise it wasn't a bad day at all, but it was mind numbingly boring :-(

Its a flying visit. Staying at Slough Travelodge and then across to Heathrow to pick up the wifes sister.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ham and pease pudding :)

Be carful my friend. Don't eat any jellied sea food and watch out for the 'internet' it's all over down there; can bring you out in a rash!

I've had landlords certificates to do today, which all need servicing whilst I was there. Only boilers though, so wasn't too bad. I had 14 completed jobs today, so money wise it wasn't a bad day at all, but it was mind numbingly boring :-(

Shh! If the union find out you'll cause a riot!

"contractors are limited to a maximum of 10 jobs a day"

"why do we use contractors any way? I had to follow no work process again"

well that's what they used to cry any way

Shh! If the union find out you'll cause a riot!

"contractors are limited to a maximum of 10 jobs a day"

"why do we use contractors any way? I had to follow no work process again"

well that's what they used to cry any way

To be fair it was only 10 completed jobs like boilers and meter checks, so 5 boilers and 5 tightness tests, 3 jobs where COD's and one was an in day hive, it's been a long day though.

I cant see contractors being there much longer anyway, there are far too many of us and its not as busy as they thought it would be.

Are you direct labour now??

Started to 2nd fix 4 bathrooms and cloakroom in new house but still waiting on two baths when handover is meant to be Friday, stuff is from porcelanosa and the whole order has come in drips and drabs, I'd never recommend them.
All the stuff is wall hung and had to fit their own frames which are also of the most poorest quality.

I was till a few years back. Heave since left

I joined as a contractor then they had a cull so I went direct as I was covering the sticks. Stuck it a few years then decided it was a good time in my life to move on. Turns out my timing is terrible but never mind.

speaking to a few of the lads the other day and they said it was dead at the minute but that was down to a change in planning and them now not being able to power dial until the actual day of no work. It's all to do with them now being classed as insurance and the legalities around it. Where they used to have so many jobs outstanding when everyone vo'd at the end of day and they just canceled them off if they do that now and as a business they reach a percentage of cancelations they get fined. So they leave the doors wide open to allow inday breakdowns but as a result when the weathers good and IBs are low everyone is sitting around following no work process.

contractors should be ok to be fair as they can schedule for you as you come under the same category as SFL

I was till a few years back. Heave since left

I joined as a contractor then they had a cull so I went direct as I was covering the sticks. Stuck it a few years then decided it was a good time in my life to move on. Turns out my timing is terrible but never mind.

speaking to a few of the lads the other day and they said it was dead at the minute but that was down to a change in planning and them now not being able to power dial until the actual day of no work. It's all to do with them now being classed as insurance and the legalities around it. Where they used to have so many jobs outstanding when everyone vo'd at the end of day and they just canceled them off if they do that now and as a business they reach a percentage of cancelations they get fined. So they leave the doors wide open to allow inday breakdowns but as a result when the weathers good and IBs are low everyone is sitting around following no work process.

contractors should be ok to be fair as they can schedule for you as you come under the same category as SFL

Whats SFL??

to be fair, we are not desperately quiet, but if I have a no access, then I'd struggle to get a job to replace it without moving patches.

Ive been contracting there 4 years now and I have been told that I should be ok for ages yet and they have had to cut our hours so the direct labour have their radicals, which is fair enough to be honest.

They em have shot their self in the foot converting to insurance products I think.

Whats SFL??

to be fair, we are not desperately quiet, but if I have a no access, then I'd struggle to get a job to replace it without moving patches.

Ive been contracting there 4 years now and I have been told that I should be ok for ages yet and they have had to cut our hours so the direct labour have their radicals, which is fair enough to be honest.

They em have shot their self in the foot converting to insurance products I think.

sfl (scum for life) was it's nickname it's direct engineers that are service only there's usually 2/3 on every patch they do mon-fri 8-4:30 for a slightly reduced package although I think it's being phased out as more older engineers are taking the step back roll

Hey guys what type of jobs are everyone doing today / this week.
Picked up payment and some antibiotics along with some other medicine ,
little job tomorrow and I hope I will be able to get it done and take medicine every 8h

210 unvented swap, knees hurt, but my wallet will compensate when I weigh in the 20 year old all copper cylinder.

Well at half 2 I was called to a CO alarm activation.
Arrived to find 200 ppm under floor. Tandoori kitchen below,police and fire brigade out to break in. Over 1000ppm in the kitchen from a charcoal oven. 4 people taken to hospital and still there now waiting to get the door fixed!! Happy Tuesday. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yep metric and imperial versions most likely...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Need to phone up local building control and...
Replies
Views
Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have successfully change the first one...
Replies
Views
Hi appreciate and thanks to all that replied...
Replies
Views
Back