What u guys on today | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What u guys on today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
yesterday morning i returned the hire van after 7 weeks and collected my van after repairs only to find that they hadnt done the light, and some plonker had scraped my new rear steps bringing it round from the garage!!!!
allegedly they will complete these while i wait after the light turns up!

then running late went to a lettings agency job to find a leak behind some tiled boxing. tiles came off with fingers as wrong addy used on ply. in and out in no time, then off to fit a shower. went to take a quick look at a leak which im fixing this morning. going to collect a deposit for a 3k bathroom, and a job to price (new basin) for lettings agency.

wednesday i have an unvented to look at, taps run cold after a minute, so i suspect unbalanced cold and a faulty mixer somewhere. look at a smart flush commercial urinal

Well at half 2 I was called to a CO alarm activation.
Arrived to find 200 ppm under floor. Tandoori kitchen below,police and fire brigade out to break in. Over 1000ppm in the kitchen from a charcoal oven. 4 people taken to hospital and still there now waiting to get the door fixed!! Happy Tuesday. :(

Thats great work! Potentially lives saved

Today's menu consists of
1. Inspection of 3 Broag qunitas in a lawyers building
2. Schemey property management gas checks ( 2 off)...£40 a piece sheesh...
3. Checking a leak at a shower for a client who we hope will get there mid 80's balanced flued boiler changed to a big bum combi real soon ;)

Thats great work! Potentially lives saved

I'd like to think defo lives saved mate. 3 adults and a Bairn. The ppm scale only goes to 1000 on my seeker and it tipped that scale after about 3 seconds of sampling. God knows what the real reading was. Just shows how CO alarms can save lives,that was the first thing to activate. And the actual distance CO will travel,up through the floor and seep out of the boards

So had they just left it burning and shut up shop? Were you exposed to it for long? Thinking if so maybe you should get a once over

I'd like to think defo lives saved mate. 3 adults and a Bairn. The ppm scale only goes to 1000 on my seeker and it tipped that scale after about 3 seconds of sampling. God knows what the real reading was. Just shows how CO alarms can save lives,that was the first thing to activate. And the actual distance CO will travel,up through the floor and seep out of the boards

Excellent mate.
CO detectors are mandatory up here now so i carry a fair stock of them and always try and look for them when I'm doing my checks :)

Dead as a DoDo me had couple hours worth of work yesterday nothing today and phone hardly ringing last few weeks .
Get quiet patches but dont recall it being as bad as this

Well at half 2 I was called to a CO alarm activation.
Arrived to find 200 ppm under floor. Tandoori kitchen below,police and fire brigade out to break in. Over 1000ppm in the kitchen from a charcoal oven. 4 people taken to hospital and still there now waiting to get the door fixed!! Happy Tuesday. :(

Nice! West end?

So had they just left it burning and shut up shop? Were you exposed to it for long? Thinking if so maybe you should get a once over
Was smouldering mate. After I broke in he turned up and said the gas is off it can't be here. I said there's summit there I can feel the heat. He says I've only got the charcoal oven,so I educated him on CO etc. I've never seen a reading so hight if I'm honest. And coming from another property!!! The paramedics checked me over too. I'm all good then went for a tab! ;)

Dead as a DoDo me had couple hours worth of work yesterday nothing today and phone hardly ringing last few weeks .
Get quiet patches but dont recall it being as bad as this

Same here unfortunately , did have few jobs but all been completed apart of one that I will be going back to square up the install for a few days ! Priced two jobs but had no response from customers yet . Hopefully will pick up by late October !

Been a lot quieter last week or so. Just had the buy with confidence women around so need to write a few letters to post. Then I will spend the rest of the day looking at advertising options.

A lot of money going out at the moment with less coming back in which is slightly worrying but no point sitting on your hands I guess ?

Great feedback guys its interesting to see what everyones up to this week. Were all in the same line of work but our job schedules couldnt be any more different.

Had to clean a couple of injectors on 2 greenstar 24i.
Serviced a eco 824/2e and changed some taps :)

You on the tools ? I thought you is a supper iser and don't get your hands dirty :)

On the tools mate at the moment and enjoying the early finishes! I must say my hands have been cut to ribbons but I blame the Worcester for that!

What a magnificent day ......... Started off on a UFH commission and then dashed off to see a flooded house, ufh on second floor cut through with a circular saw! Doh! Then a DCW tap (cheap tat) head came off in a cleaner sink on third floor of new offices. Then a valliant ( DIY ) install

What a magnificent day ......... Started off on a UFH commission and then dashed off to see a flooded house, ufh on second floor cut through with a circular saw! Doh! Then a DCW tap (cheap tat) head came off in a cleaner sink on third floor of new offices. Then a valliant ( DIY ) install

Just finished welding up a couple of 50 x 50 supports no gloves in a T shirt . I hear you shouting hero! My arms screaming clown!

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a lot quieter last week or so. Just had the buy with confidence women around so need to write a few letters to post. Then I will spend the rest of the day looking at advertising options.

A lot of money going out at the moment with less coming back in which is slightly worrying but no point sitting on your hands I guess ?

Had that woman come round ages back load of crap that buy with confidence mate of mine is on it a convicted car thief lol

Now tucked up in bed in Slough Travelodge, happy as larry. But that must be the beer from the pub over the road. Only 3.10 a pint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yep metric and imperial versions most likely...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Need to phone up local building control and...
Replies
Views
Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have successfully change the first one...
Replies
Views
Hi appreciate and thanks to all that replied...
Replies
Views
Back