What we all working on this week ? | UK Plumbers Forums | Page 30 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What we all working on this week ? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have a insurance job to try and rescue a poorly installed quad shower the customer wants to save the tiling if possible and has a few spare so fingers crossed it may work , the loss adjuster allowed em £1500 that will just about cover materials. Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191031-033038.png
    Screenshot_20191031-033038.png
    400.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Screenshot_20191031-033046.png
    Screenshot_20191031-033046.png
    420 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: Dan
I hate that, happens too often - any chance of a bit of claw back from changes/extras?

There will be some scope.

Plus I haven't given them the price for the main bathroom yet 😉😉
[automerge]1605607446[/automerge]
Well that's a ****, day 16 brings worse news. Their son who visited last week for a couple of days has tested positive for corona last night.

Last edited:
There will be some scope.

Plus I haven't given them the price for the main bathroom yet 😉😉
[automerge]1605607446[/automerge]
Well that's a ****, day 16 brings worse news. Their son who visited last week for a couple of days has tested positive for corona last night.

o biscuits so I guess your off for the next two weeks now:oops:

o biscuits so I guess your off for the next two weeks now:oops:

Locked myself in their bathroom for the day. Nothing spoiling today. I have my mask and sanitiser. Straight home tonight. Told the wife to stick the single bed in the conservatory and I'll go in there. In the meantime I've ordered a test.

They've sent their other 4 kids off to school and she's gone shopping?????????

Locked myself in their bathroom for the day. Nothing spoiling today. I have my mask and sanitiser. Straight home tonight. Told the wife to stick the single bed in the conservatory and I'll go in there. In the meantime I've ordered a test.

They've sent their other 4 kids off to school and she's gone shopping?????????
This out for me today

Attachments

• 1F52F6B2-555F-4760-9A2D-84E59AE51613.jpeg
    1F52F6B2-555F-4760-9A2D-84E59AE51613.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 23
  • C14345D6-4756-457F-B5A1-6C5317234B57.jpeg
    C14345D6-4756-457F-B5A1-6C5317234B57.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 23
Yes I could see the concern on his face as he asked me if I'd still be able to finish the bathroom?
[automerge]1605623349[/automerge]

Nice old heavy cylinder
Not to bad make. Drain off right at the bottom. Nice actually.;)
[automerge]1605631061[/automerge]
This going in. Now that the rest is out.

Attachments

• 8D30DA87-BA97-42FD-9477-EA2304097D3D.jpeg
    8D30DA87-BA97-42FD-9477-EA2304097D3D.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 26
Don’t you love builders telling you you’ve got a week to install a 15 rad ch system and oil boiler want it working by the 1st :mad:

Currently doing a local charity shop/food bank. Cold feeds only as they're throwing a few water heaters in in place of a dedicated hot water supply. No idea what they're going to do for heating but I've got the first fix in and told them the water board will have to turn the main supply off while I install a new stop tap. They've since told me the shop is owned by the local housing firm who reckon it's their responsibility to turn the water off in the street.

After digging out the sediment and crap I realised it was impossible for my stopcock key/bar thingy to turn it off as it's kind of offset with the access lid blocking my way. Told them they need to inform United Utilities that I'll be moving the water meter too so they can come and check it afterwards. I always thought the local water supplier was responsible in such cases. They just trying to dodge the £74 inspection bill or what? Not a problem to me but I suspect a bit of digging may be required so I can eventually fit this stopcock and get on with the job.

Anyone know the deal with this?

Thought so, don't know what the deal is with this charity effort. Cheers fella!

Currently doing a local charity shop/food bank. Cold feeds only as they're throwing a few water heaters in in place of a dedicated hot water supply. No idea what they're going to do for heating but I've got the first fix in and told them the water board will have to turn the main supply off while I install a new stop tap. They've since told me the shop is owned by the local housing firm who reckon it's their responsibility to turn the water off in the street.

After digging out the sediment and crap I realised it was impossible for my stopcock key/bar thingy to turn it off as it's kind of offset with the access lid blocking my way. Told them they need to inform United Utilities that I'll be moving the water meter too so they can come and check it afterwards. I always thought the local water supplier was responsible in such cases. They just trying to dodge the £74 inspection bill or what? Not a problem to me but I suspect a bit of digging may be required so I can eventually fit this stopcock and get on with the job.

Anyone know the deal with this?
I have always called the water supply company in as Shaun stated it's their stopcock and it needs to be accessable and useable, they rely on us to report these faults , if you have the bottle you could freeze the incoming main internally and fit a new stopcock and gain control ? Any pictures . Kop

Finishing off this today just needs colour enhancer at a later date and step inserts when the chippie gets done . Kop
Stair nosing trim added and cleaned down and started fitting this rad before being called away grrrr. Kop

Attachments

• PXL_20201118_154643879.jpg
    PXL_20201118_154643879.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 36
  • PXL_20201118_154558618.jpg
    PXL_20201118_154558618.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 35
  • PXL_20201118_152913678.jpg
    PXL_20201118_152913678.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 41

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Very hard to follow your post Tina. What...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
No, I believe you absolutely. My own problem...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The customer had a Mira Sport they had bought...
Replies
Views
Have another guy working for me but on this...
Replies
Views
Back