What we all working on this week ? | UK Plumbers Forums | Page 85 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What we all working on this week ? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have a insurance job to try and rescue a poorly installed quad shower the customer wants to save the tiling if possible and has a few spare so fingers crossed it may work , the loss adjuster allowed em £1500 that will just about cover materials. Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191031-033038.png
    Screenshot_20191031-033038.png
    400.3 KB · Views: 206
  • Screenshot_20191031-033046.png
    Screenshot_20191031-033046.png
    420 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: Dan
Good morning all!

I've been working on the ads again and although some subscribed will see ads around the forum only for the next couple of days.

You'll notice I got in very early this morning. It's 00:29 so I'm off to bed, now the ads are at least not covering content.

I'll sort the user groups out in the next few days.

Thanks for your patience people 🙂 🙏

I've been working on the ads again and although some subscribed will see ads around the forum only for the next couple of days.
With my browsers (safari macos and iPad), ads are currently making the site virtually unusable. A few weeks ago, it started injecting 'vertical banners', i.e about 2cm wide and 10cm long into posts. In some cases, e.g. Lou's post above repeated several times. This tends to affects the first dozen or so posts on a forum. It seems to be slightly better when I am logged in but when not logged in it's difficult to see any actual posts.

I can't believe what I'm currently experiencing is what you intend. If, for some obscure reason, you are not seeing what I'm describing I can try to make a video that illustrates the point.

With my browsers (safari macos and iPad), ads are currently making the site virtually unusable. A few weeks ago, it started injecting 'vertical banners', i.e about 2cm wide and 10cm long into posts. In some cases, e.g. Lou's post above repeated several times. This tends to affects the first dozen or so posts on a forum. It seems to be slightly better when I am logged in but when not logged in it's difficult to see any actual posts.

I can't believe what I'm currently experiencing is what you intend. If, for some obscure reason, you are not seeing what I'm describing I can try to make a video that illustrates the point.
Morning Chuck!

It is not what we intend so apologies for that. Dan has been working on the ads for the past few weeks as Google have been making some big changes.

What you can see is not going to be the final version.

Thanks for sticking it out!

Happy New Week!

Anyone starting any new projects this week?

Dan must have been messing with setttings!!

Morning all did everyone have a good weekend?

Monday Morning and I have two cuts on the tip of my thumb and index finger on my right hand! Typing is already a pain in the aR$e.

I think the boss @Dan needs to give me a days off. It effects mouse clicking too!!!!

Last edited:
Well we all made it through another wet and windy week! Not long now till the clocks go forward! How has it been youur end?

Its Raining GIF by Garfield

Someone come and say hello - I do not bite! Lets get a waffle going!

Spending hours on phone trying to get HMRC to fix their wrong calculation and unwind all the incorrectly applied penalties. They are unbelievably bad.

Has anybody noticed that when you ask them why they haven't replied to a letter after more than 4 months they immediately (i.e. without even checking) say 'We have not received it, you need to send it again.' It was, however, delivered and signed for by their Newcastle 'address for couriers' and they are simply lying. Ask for their name and say you are going to submit a complaint and suddenly they can 'search the post system' and magically find that it was received but hasn't been looked at yet.

My blood pressure, which is normally a touch below 130/80 was more than 180/90 after the last conversation.

I'm collecting a list of 'tricks' that HMRC are currently using to rig their performance statistics, which I intend to pass on to my MP. A current favourite seems to be to start processing a claim and then dream up a idiotic/irrelevant question that they send via their outsourced (?) postal system and that takes a month to be printed and arrive. This tactic allows them to put the claim back at the end of the queue for processing and reset the clock on their performance figures.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Very hard to follow your post Tina. What...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
No, I believe you absolutely. My own problem...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The customer had a Mira Sport they had bought...
Replies
Views
Have another guy working for me but on this...
Replies
Views
Back