Who cooks? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Who cooks? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeebeedee

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Getting bored of my meal selection, what's everyone's favourite at the moment, made an amazing chicken casserole tonight!

I used to cook a lot, but don't have the time these days. When Mrs S worked, I used to do all the family cooking.

My signature dishes were Lasagne, Chicken and Leek Pie, Lamb rogan josh or Pork in onion and apple sauce with saute potatoes.

Chilli con carne, Chicken in a white wine, garlic, mushroom and cream sauce, Steak Diane (the recipe with red wine, not mustard)
Yum

I used to cook a lot, but don't have the time these days. When Mrs S worked, I used to do all the family cooking.

My signature dishes were Lasagne, Chicken and Leek Pie, Lamb rogan josh or Pork in onion and apple sauce with saute potatoes.

Pork in onion and apple sauce! Tell me more, I've always stayed away from pork as I've been told its tricky to get right.

A simple but boss one I love. Brown some chicken and chorizo in a pan, add a load of olives sundried tomatoes onion chopped peppers and jalapeños. Cook some pasta, throw it all together and mix in some pesto.

If you like pork buy "the whole beast" it's good . Like Larousse gastronomic . Get old copy from amazon £8.

Love charizo, cube it few red onions and fry it smash it into some fluffy mash !!!!

Like salads at moment.

Classic French dressing - olive oil w.w vin and seasoning emulsified - whisk. Slice baguette thinly lightly oil bake till golden and crispy. When cool rub with garlic and crumble. Snap a few bits of crispy pancetta , crumble a small lump of Stilton hand full of endive, radicchio few sundried toms few bits of garlic croutons and splash on some dressing and ummmmm.

Pasta:-

Three red onions three cloves of garlic, dice and brown. Add mushrooms and peppers season and add bit of fresh origano. Turn down to almost off. Fry 4 beautiful sausages in pan on low heat to all juices caramelise. Once almost fully cooked slice into nice chunks add to main pan. Heat sausage pan up a lot just before it smokes swill it out with 1/2 cup if red wine and pour liquor into main pan. Simmer till almost dry. Add few cartons of passatta and grate a good lump of paramo in. Boil penne with some peas or beans ..... Nom nom

Last edited by a moderator:
Pork in onion and apple sauce! Tell me more, I've always stayed away from pork as I've been told its tricky to get right.

Slice a large mild onion and fry in olive oil until its translucent and soft. Put the cooked onion and some of the oil it cooked in into a food processor and whizz it until its an off-white paste. Put on one side.

Slice a medium pork tenderloin into medallions about between 5mm and 1cm thick. Dip them in oil, then in a flour herb mix, coating them thoroughly.

Fry them in a little very hot olive oil for a couple of minutes each side. Hot enough and fast enough that the herby flour absorbs all the oil and goes brown and crispy. The turn the heat down just a little and add a smear more oil and half a jar of colmans apple sauce (or any other smooth apple sauce - avoid the asda one, as it has lumps in) and the onion paste you made earlier. If it feels a little thick, add either some water, or a little white wine to loosen the sauce. Cook until the sauce is heated through, and serve with saute potatoes.

If you like pork buy "the whole beast" it's good . Like Larousse gastronomic . Get old copy from amazon £8.

Love charizo, cube it few red onions and fry it smash it into some fluffy mash !!!!

Like salads at moment.

Classic French dressing - olive oil w.w vin and seasoning emulsified - whisk. Slice baguette thinly lightly oil bake till golden and crispy. When cool rub with garlic and crumble. Snap a few bits of crispy pancetta , crumble a small lump of Stilton hand full of endive, radicchio few sundried toms few bits of garlic croutons and splash on some dressing and ummmmm.

Pasta:-

Three red onions three cloves of garlic, dice and brown. Add mushrooms and peppers season and add bit of fresh origano. Turn down to almost off. Fry 4 beautiful sausages in pan on low heat to all juices caramelise. Once almost fully cooked slice into nice chunks add to main pan. Heat sausage pan up a lot just before it smokes swill it out with 1/2 cup if red wine and pour liquor into main pan. Simmer till almost dry. Add few cartons of passatta and grate a good lump of paramo in. Boil penne with some peas or beans ..... Nom nom

Defo trying that sausage recipe!

Nice one easy one

Slice red onion, fry, throw in handful of black olives, table spoon of paprika and fry add chopped toms. Nice on plain pasta

Go to kitchen drawer, choose menu, pick a number (usually the same because I hate change), ring them, wait 40 minutes, serve!

I like to make my own pasta. Some seafood and a white wine and cream sauce with it. Lovely.

But i love egg and chips. One of my favourites is Richmond sausages, mash and beans. Tremendous.

Nice meat free one I picked up from somewhere.

Jungle Curry

200g rice
2 crushed garlic cloves
2cm fresh ginger chopped finely
1 lemongrass stem chopped finely
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp curry paste
1 large red onion
125g sugar snap peas
2 red peppers deseeded and chopped
100g baby corn, halved
2 courgettes, sliced
125g chestnut mushrooms
125g green beans, trimmed
100ml veg stock
1 tbsn soy sauce
150g fresh spinach, washed
Coriander

Cook the rice
Heat the oil in a large pan, stir fry ginger, garlic and lemongrass for 2-3 mins before stirring in curry paste and chilli flakes.
Add the red onion, sugar snap peas, red peppers and baby corn and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stirring constantly
Add the courgettes, chestnut mushrooms and green beans and then pour in the stock and soy sauce. Bring to the boil and continue to stir fry for a further 4-5 minutes.
Finally add the spinach and coriander and stir fry for another 4-5 minutes until the spinach has wilted and the other vegetables are softening slightly.
Serve with the rice and coriander garnish.

This one rocks

Fry onions, courgette, red chilli and button mushrooms, cherry toms and a few blocks of frozen spinach. Pinch of paprika. Cook for 10mins.

Wisk 6 eggs in a massive bowl. Cube a block of feta. Add 3/4 to eggs. Add the spinach mixture fold it and quickly pour into greased ceramic or heavy metal baking tray. Mixture should be 35 to 45mm thick. Sprinkle on the remainder of feta and bake. Pull it out when golden. Allow to cool a bit slice and serve with new pots and pea salad.

Buy bagels.

Slice, toast and butter the bagel.

Serve one half with egg mayonnaise and the other half with chopped herring.

Slice a large mild onion and fry in olive oil until its translucent and soft. Put the cooked onion and some of the oil it cooked in into a food processor and whizz it until its an off-white paste. Put on one side.

Slice a medium pork tenderloin into medallions about between 5mm and 1cm thick. Dip them in oil, then in a flour herb mix, coating them thoroughly.

Fry them in a little very hot olive oil for a couple of minutes each side. Hot enough and fast enough that the herby flour absorbs all the oil and goes brown and crispy. The turn the heat down just a little and add a smear more oil and half a jar of colmans apple sauce (or any other smooth apple sauce - avoid the asda one, as it has lumps in) and the onion paste you made earlier. If it feels a little thick, add either some water, or a little white wine to loosen the sauce. Cook until the sauce is heated through, and serve with saute potatoes.

My mouth is watering reading this! It's on next week's list ;-)

Nice meat free one I picked up from somewhere.

Jungle Curry

200g rice
2 crushed garlic cloves
2cm fresh ginger chopped finely
1 lemongrass stem chopped finely
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp curry paste
1 large red onion
125g sugar snap peas
2 red peppers deseeded and chopped
100g baby corn, halved
2 courgettes, sliced
125g chestnut mushrooms
125g green beans, trimmed
100ml veg stock
1 tbsn soy sauce
150g fresh spinach, washed
Coriander

Cook the rice
Heat the oil in a large pan, stir fry ginger, garlic and lemongrass for 2-3 mins before stirring in curry paste and chilli flakes.
Add the red onion, sugar snap peas, red peppers and baby corn and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stirring constantly
Add the courgettes, chestnut mushrooms and green beans and then pour in the stock and soy sauce. Bring to the boil and continue to stir fry for a further 4-5 minutes.
Finally add the spinach and coriander and stir fry for another 4-5 minutes until the spinach has wilted and the other vegetables are softening slightly.
Serve with the rice and coriander garnish.

What paste you using? I find it makes or breaks it. I found an amazing thai green paste in the Chinese supermarket ill post the name tomorrow

i had a bacon omelette tonight ,that seemed to work for me,wifey made it ,i rarely cook in the week but do on a Sunday

I take the portable gas cooker down on the beach. Cook fried onions and bacon, it drives the Holiday makers wild and go to my mate Lou who runs a café for bacon sandwiches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
The figure I see quoted quite often is a...
Replies
Views
Also, they could even supply their own tube...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Oh nice one, that's really useful. Those look...
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
Back