Who cooks? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 5 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Who cooks? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i make as much as possible. salad dressings, mayonnaise, vinaigrette and mint sauce. nothing to it

favourite salad dressing at moment is olive oil,balsamic vinegar, salt and a crushed clove of garlic. give it a good shake in a jar and leave it overnight in fridge and the garlic loses its overpowering smell and makes it taste sweet.

pesto is a good one too make as well but them pine nuts are bloody expensive!

basil crushed and turned into a paste with a mortar and pestle, pine nuts crushed/powdered, parmesan fine grated. pinch of salt, olive oil. stir and pour over pasta.

beautiful

The funny thing is at no point did I say jar and look where we are now

about to make a meat ball rogan josh will put up pics later. all made from scratch apart from meatballs as they are frozen but needing using to make room in freezer

I'll be making stuffed peppers fo me and Mrs Croppie later.

Boil a pan of water and parboil 4 peppers for about 3 minutes. remove and allow to cool.

Find their most stable position. Cut a lid and remove the seeds and cones. Set aside.

Heat some olive oil, soften a small finely chopped onion and add half pound of beef or lamb mince, cook until starting to brown. Add some grated cheese, chopped dill, chopped coriander, 4oz of cooked rice and the juice and grated rind of a lemon, season to taste. Stuff the peppers and put on the lids.

Set the peppers close together in a baking tray. Pour over 1/4pt olive oil and add enough water to come halfway up the sides of the peppers. Cook for 40-45 minutes basting often.

Handsome!

Last edited by a moderator:
u 20140810_162418.jpglovely jubbly

TAPAS

Titaina

Serves 4

2 Table spoons of Pine Nuts
½ a Red Pepper
½ a Green Pepper
½ a small Onion
1 table spoon of Crushed Garlic
400g tin of Diced tomatoes
1 Tin of Tuna
½ tea spoon of Caster Sugar
¼ tea spoon of Cinnamon
Pinch of Nut Meg
Salt and Pepper

Method
Prep:10min › Cook:40min › Ready in:50min

1. Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until fragrant. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
  2. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the red and green peppers, onion and garlic. Cook and stir until wilted and soft, about 10 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, and continue to cook and stir for another 15 minutes. Mix in the tuna, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 15 more minutes. Stir in the pine nuts, and serve.

Butter Garlic Prawns

Serves 6

1 Kg Prawns
250g Butter
2 cloves of Garlic
½ Bunch of Parsley
½ a Lemon
2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard

Method
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min

1. Preheat oven to 230 C / Gas mark 8.
  2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and parsley. When the butter melts completely, remove from heat.
  3. Arrange prawns in a shallow baking dish. Pour the butter mixture over the prawns.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the prawns are pink and opaque.

Yum

I'm a damn good cook. I do all the cooking at home:) got all kinds of gadgets and le creuset pans.

giving people cancer basically!! Look at cancer rates in our nans time it was considerably lower. I'm a big beliver that's because they didn't have chemicals in everything. In the air in the water in food basically all around us. I had this conversation with my nan the other week and used a bottle of mint sauce as an example. It was full of chemicals where in her day they would have made it fresh from the garden.

I was reading an article about a study done on people living in isolation i'm tribes and at the time inuit people before they became westernised and cancer rates where practically non existent.
when the inuits were in isolation nobody knew what anyone died of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
The figure I see quoted quite often is a...
Replies
Views
Also, they could even supply their own tube...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Oh nice one, that's really useful. Those look...
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
Back