Who cooks? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Who cooks? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing beats an inch thick ofextra mature Aberdeen angus sirloin steak (with all fats on) cook on a hot grill, 3 minutes each side seasoned with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Served with fries or rice, salad with french dressing and most important English mustard.
[h=3][/h]

Im the son of a butcher steak everyday pretty much as carnivores as they come in my next life I'm coming back as a lion

I used to cook curry from base spices, but gave up when I stopped kidding myself I could do it better than Pataks.

Its the same with pastry. Whatever small talents I may have, making better puff pastry than Jus-roll isn't one of them.

pataks is horrendous. its about as authentically indian as a jam butty. i know nij patak they are a bolton family.

i cook all kinds of stuff. wife is hopeless and i cook every meal. yes that means i get home from grafting all day sometimes 7pm and i have to cook for myself.

good thread this. i shall post loads of my recipes with photos of the steps as i cook it. but for now a couple of points

1) a curry paste is brilliant and is very much one of many genuine authentic ways to make a curry. hwever you need to make the paste yourself. it will keep well in the fridge in a mason jar.

2) the best tip for a decent chilli con carne is add 2/3 of a tsp of smoked paprika.

Been working late recently and what with pool, darts and the quiz 3 nights a week It was a struggle to eat anything proper so went back to student mode.
Sunday > little oil heated in saucepan, add chopped oinions on their own and cook, add mince and Brown, then add sauce of choice with chopped red & green peppers (cut top & bottom off, slice around the inners & pop out and bin, then slice & chop peppers to desired size). Simmer gently and stir for around 20 - 25 mins, then place 2/3rds in plastic containers (get mine when I treat myself to a Chinese).
Add Worcester sauce to pan and stir then serve & eat with rice.

When cool place 2 containers in freezer, then on desired morning remove a container from freezer to defrost. That evening is a quick re-heat and add tinned beans (even baked beans without the sauce) or whatever you fancy with a splash or 2 of Red wine and change rice for pasta or chips or salad. 3 easy meals from 1.

Last edited:
Been working late recently and what with pool, darts and the quiz 3 nights a week It was a struggle to eat anything proper so went back to student mode.
Sunday > little oil heated in saucepan, add chopped oinions on their own and cook, add mince and Brown, then add sauce of choice with chopped red & green peppers (cut top & bottom off, slice around the inners & pop out and bin, then slice & chop peppers to desired size). Simmer gently and stir for around 20 - 25 mins, then place 2/3rds in plastic containers (get mine when I treat myself to a Chinese).
Add Worcester sauce to pan and stir then serve & eat with rice.

When cool place 2 containers in freezer, then on desired morning remove a container from freezer to defrost. That evening is a quick re-heat and add tinned beans (even baked beans without the sauce) or whatever you fancy with a splash or 2 of Red wine and change rice for pasta or chips or salad. 3 easy meals from 1.

See that migh not be gourmet food but it is relativly free of processed rubbish. Apart from the jar of sauce it's decent food

Gently cook Chicken breasts on low heat in large saucepan until starting to Brown, add Bachelors chicken soup then add chopped peppers, oinion, celery etc. Serve with rice or salad or new potatoes.
Heat & serve, less than 20 mins all in.

Fry up some onions and mushrooms in a little oil put some linguine /penne/or rice on to cook add Loyd Grossman tomato and chilli sauce to the onions and mushrooms chop up mixed seafood pack from supermarket when pasta is nearly ready add seafood to sauce and simmer for a few minutes only or it will turn rubbery plate up pasta/rice add sauce ....demolish with crusty bread.......if time allows make sauce with your own fresh ingredients....regards Turnpin....enjoy:punk:

The nice thing about both wine and cheese is that no-one expects you to make your own.

Just finishing a very tasty cheddar "Tickler" courtesy of Mrs Tara P's recommend, and a bottle of yellow tail with its usual rich shiraz flavours.

Really noticeable how much more the Aussie Shiraz sticks to the glass, compared to the South African pinotage that I had been swilling recently.

Fry up some onions and mushrooms in a little oil put some linguine /penne/or rice on to cook add Loyd Grossman tomato and chilli sauce to the onions and mushrooms chop up mixed seafood pack from supermarket when pasta is nearly ready add seafood to sauce and simmer for a few minutes only or it will turn rubbery plate up pasta/rice add sauce ....demolish with crusty bread.......if time allows make sauce with your own fresh ingredients....regards Turnpin....enjoy:punk:

if time allows? surely you need to wait for the water to boil for rice or pasta plus time to cook it, i always use this time to make a fresh pasta sauce.
always always always absolutely no excuse not to. jars of sauce are evil, full of salt and/or sugar. make your own and you know exactly whats in it

Me to Kay-Jay, bacon mushrooms onion garlic and a good old tin of chopped tomatoes and you've got an easy sauce, oh and basil and pepper.

i use a bit of olive oil sweat some finely chopped onions or shallots and a bit of garlic, mushrooms finely chopped a fresh chilli and passata as a a sauce base season with salt and pepper. its well nice with king prawns and linguine or mackerel or chicken

fresh basil to garnish and a ton of parmesan:punk:

Your right about jars though, they are expensive and often filled with carp!
i did start making my own pasta but it's quite time consuming and my missis said she doesn't want to eat pasta every day!

nowt wrong with dried pasta. i use napolina or if i can find it DeCecco.
i can only see a benefit to making your own if you eat fresh pasta.
if you do as the italians and i do and dry it then you may as well just buy it dried as its only pennies

It's not just the taste it's the whole making it and sense of achievement that I like mate.

if time allows? surely you need to wait for the water to boil for rice or pasta plus time to cook it, i always use this time to make a fresh pasta sauce.
always always always absolutely no excuse not to. jars of sauce are evil, full of salt and/or sugar. make your own and you know exactly whats in it

Sometimes I would use a pasta sauce for ease until I looked at the ingredients. Countless chemicals I couldn't even say and 27 grams of sugar!!!!!!!! Never again.

yup and who knows what all the additives and preservatives are doing to us.

i cook everything from scratch including soups. only thing we have in tins is tuna and baked beans,

i do buy the occaisional jar for time saving but i dont get the crap from supermarkets. i only buy these ones
pics to follow
ygazyva8.jpg

y9y9udyb.jpg

ujuqyjap.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yup and who knows what all the additives and preservatives are doing to us.

i cook everything from scratch including soups. only thing we have in tins is tuna and baked beans,

Giving people cancer basically!! Look at cancer rates in our nans time it was considerably lower. I'm a big beliver that's because they didn't have chemicals in everything. In the air in the water in food basically all around us. I had this conversation with my nan the other week and used a bottle of mint sauce as an example. It was full of chemicals where in her day they would have made it fresh from the garden.

I was reading an article about a study done on people living in isolation I'm tribes and at the time Inuit people before they became westernised and cancer rates where practically non existent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
The figure I see quoted quite often is a...
Replies
Views
Also, they could even supply their own tube...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Oh nice one, that's really useful. Those look...
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
Back