Sok it to me ********s!! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Kyle87
  • Start date
  • Replies 132
  • Views 2K

Discuss Sok it to me ********s!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
well its a decent boiler going in thats a good start,and really theres not much wrong with the install,think your being to harsh on yourself sort that wonky lime thingy out though

Clips!!
tis a good idea to clip both sides of the tf1.

Also clips near to the corners

Especially on the horritontal under the tf1.

looks good.

would be a tip top premier install on eco or one of them schemes!

Lol

I'm trying to be a bit neater on my installs and am willing to see what you all say this time.

Here's something's I think you'll say so ill address them first

Why is?.......

Hot and cold so far apart
Who is hot below the cold
Why is hot leading into a 22mm pipe
Why is line beater crooked
Why is there a diff coloured compression on limbeater

So the answers are

A. To prevent cold being warmed by hot
B. So I didn't have to cross over
C. Customer didn't want to pay for us to put it all in 15mm to bathroom

D. Didn't realise it was to be honest. Seemed fine earlier.

E. Because the 22mm version is £15 in Travis clearance. Throw the 22-15 coupler in the box and use what you have.

suvyhaje.jpg

how long did it take you!

its easy to prevent the snotters when soldering end feed fittings on the bottom of a tee, elbow or socket

just heat the fitting up, when you see the flux running wipe the joint with a DRY rag, apply a bit more heat clean it again and do it one more time for luck, then just dab your solder on and you will get a perfect nice ring of solder around the bottom of the fitting, with no ugly snot runs down the pipe.

its easy to prevent the snotters when soldering end feed fittings on the bottom of a tee, elbow or socket

just heat the fitting up, when you see the flux running wipe the joint with a DRY rag, apply a bit more heat clean it again and do it one more time for luck, then just dab your solder on and you will get a perfect nice ring of solder around the bottom of the fitting, with no ugly snot runs down the pipe.

Also heat from the front and load the solder from the back then if you over load it slightly the bigger patch is at the back where it won't be seen, and if you heat from one side and load from the other you know the solder has went all the way round cause you will see it appearing at the front

You need a new heat mat.

You need to tidy your work area.

You need to stop spunking up the walls.

You need to rip that metal pipe stuff out & use plastic, much quicker.

Ahh I found it. I was looking for this pic to show you. Is this what you mean by use plastic. This is in the same house. These pipes feed the rad in conservatory
dyzupy6y.jpg

Other than rest of comments i would advise this:

- try use more bends (looks better, faster and less chance of leaks
- use a god damn spirit level! Your heating return is rising to the boiler slightly (it looks like it is in the picture!)

I would be lose with my torpedo spirit level, heat proof mat (always doubled over for added protection), dont use a wet rag after soldering (u want a dry to buff your fittings, creates a better silver look)

i wouldnt worry about your work some of the carp im seeing installed under eco your install would be award winning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

As a young man i installed a lot of one pipe...
Replies
Views
Oh dear, I pity the poor installer that didn't...
Replies
Views
Yes, thanks - was thinking something along...
Replies
Views
This thread is over 3 years old but it would...
2 3
Replies
Views
M
AW hell what's the cost of a filter, £70 and...
Replies
Views
happyflyer
H
Back