Sok it to me ********s!! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Kyle87
  • Start date
  • Replies 132
  • Views 2K

Discuss Sok it to me ********s!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
aye fitted one other day and had to do the same was a reet pig trying to get it on the jig as well ,

quite like them tho appear to be quite steady

hung one yesterday and tbh was a bit of a git seem to have got a bit worse lately!.
always connect the pipe work after its all set on the wall then tighten them last.

just priced one the 10 year warranty seems to be a big plus for the custs ,

will baxi honour it tho?

good on you to post a piture and ask. My only comment is that a bit of planning and u could have had all that pipework running equidistant apart and parallel with no cross overs which would look the bees knees. get your clips up first and work back fm there. if u think it looks wrong then it is and 2 mins and u can get it looking ok ie the descaler, keep throwing them on the wall and it gets easier most of the time :)

More clips dude. If you had enough clips on the pipework, the verticals would have stayed straight, and the lime beater wouldn't have warped the olives and gone wonky.

A lot of cheap comp fittings are too slack on the female, so when you tighten up, the olive won't stay straight. Plumb we're selling some isolators a while back and regardless of how hard you tried, they would not stay straight. I complained and they don't sell that brand anymore, at least not in my branch.

l

I'm trying to be a bit neater on my installs and am willing to see what you all say this time.

Here's something's I think you'll say so ill address them first

Why is?.......

Hot and cold so far apart
Who is hot below the cold
Why is hot leading into a 22mm pipe
Why is line beater crooked
Why is there a diff coloured compression on limbeater

So the answers are

A. To prevent cold being warmed by hot
B. So I didn't have to cross over
C. Customer didn't want to pay for us to put it all in 15mm to bathroom

D. Didn't realise it was to be honest. Seemed fine earlier.

E. Because the 22mm version is £15 in Travis clearance. Throw the 22-15 coupler in the box and use what you have.

suvyhaje.jpg

Fair play for posting it up.

Best practice requires dhw pipe be insulated

Where do you draw the line though. The meter of pipework on show is a fraction of the dhw pipework in the house. If not insulating it all then is there any point.

I'm not retaliating to your comment. I'm asking genuinely

You said cold is so far away from hot to prevent hot warming cold? ... It's about to go into a combi boiler, would it matter too much lol?

Brave work posting on the forum, I would put my work up but don't want to make everyone else feel bad ;)

Fair play for posting it up.

I've got nothing to hide or be afraid of for posting up here. I've been self employed for a year now and am getting way better than when I started.

In that year I've done 12 bathrooms, fitted 8 boilers and mostly everything else has been the usual, changing rads etc.

So apart from the boilers and maybe one or two jobs I havnt had much experience in installing lots of pipework that will be on show. So I look here for guidance.

All my bathrooms have had hidden pipework apart from the chrome to towel rails.

Apart from the odd keyboard warrior everyone else here will give genuine advise and good criticism as we all have to start somewhere. Unfortunately for me I started arse about tit into my plumbing career but here I am.

So I'd actually encourage anyone else in my shoes wanting to better themselves to throw up pics

Yea had to undo all of the retaining nuts on the jig valves to make them meet the outlets on the boiler.

Its the same with the main and some of the preformed tails are so far off true its unreal.

I slacken the retaining the nuts right off.

If the walls out, it can be a bit of a pain.

Put drain off on return, close return valve so water passes through boiler and out flow through system and out of the DOC then your doing a hot mains flush.

If external filling loop fit loop before filter then you can shut off filter and keep water running back through boiler.
8umubybu.jpg

I've got nothing to hide or be afraid of for posting up here. I've been self employed for a year now and am getting way better than when I started.

In that year I've done 12 bathrooms, fitted 8 boilers and mostly everything else has been the usual, changing rads etc.

So apart from the boilers and maybe one or two jobs I havnt had much experience in installing lots of pipework that will be on show. So I look here for guidance.

All my bathrooms have had hidden pipework apart from the chrome to towel rails.

Apart from the odd keyboard warrior everyone else here will give genuine advise and good criticism as we all have to start somewhere. Unfortunately for me I started arse about tit into my plumbing career but here I am.

So I'd actually encourage anyone else in my shoes wanting to better themselves to throw up pics
Spot on mate, I posted my first ever install solo and dreaded it, but in tho whole most were fair and constructive. When I first started out I was awful and if I'm honest haven't done any install work for ages as all I've been doing is maintenance work since June, so it will take me a good while to get to a good standard, but I think what helps me and you at least is we are honest about our faults and are willing to learn.

keep up the good work Kyle

looks alright to me pal. a few clips either side of the elbows and square bends under boiler would be nice.apart from that sound mate.

Did you managed to fit this short length OK? Or you got yourself in the corner!?
sl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

As a young man i installed a lot of one pipe...
Replies
Views
Oh dear, I pity the poor installer that didn't...
Replies
Views
Yes, thanks - was thinking something along...
Replies
Views
This thread is over 3 years old but it would...
2 3
Replies
Views
M
AW hell what's the cost of a filter, £70 and...
Replies
Views
happyflyer
H
Back