training centres | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss training centres in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

why dont gas training centres have a fixed training document and info - people are being taught different things eg - when i retook in oct was told flue should be 300mm from any fabric opening even unopenable window yet i phoned gas safe and was told 150mm from non opening no wonder us gas engineers get confused over the regs .

The only figures that matter are those in the manufs instructions and those in the relevant BS doc.

i think that the 300mm is to protect the fact that in the future it may be possible for building works to take place in which the non openable window is changed to an openable window making the flue possibly dangerous (gas regs). The 150mm measurement is a building regulation that is to do with the structual strength of the wall as you cant drill/weaken within 150mm of a structual opening due to its effects of the strength/load bearing capabilities (building regs).

the 300mm one imo should and is not the responsibility of the appliance installer but that of the person changing the window. Obviously it would be better to be 300mm away from a closed opening in a structure but would you really make/tell a customer they have to pay alot of money to move the boiler when being changed to another part of the property because somebody in the future may break the regulations?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

https://www.vaillant.co.uk/downloads/ecotec-sus...
Replies
Views
Reading this ordeal is like watching a horror...
Replies
Views
If it were me I would send a letter recorded...
2 3 4 5 6 7
Replies
Views
I was told about a training centre in...
Replies
Views
yes , the meter for the immersion heater. Not...
Replies
Views
Back