Not Happy with the eye's in the sky !! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Not Happy with the eye's in the sky !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris watkins

Esteemed
Plumber
Total understand and agree with the forum policy regarding non GSR persons not being given information that encourages them into breaking the Law. However the demarcation as I understand it is the combustion seal, flue pipe & of course the gas pipe connection ? It should not, IMHO, extend to the wiring, so can one of you MOD's please explain why that last thread was stopped ? What can & can not be talked about and who is making those decisions to pull the pug ?
I do know that it is not easy to control but this should be an open proses if this fine institution is not going to end up as just a joke telling site interspersed with a few posts asking how I can get into Plumbing.
CW

Total understand and agree with the forum policy regarding non GSR persons not being given information that encourages them into breaking the Law. However the demarcation as I understand it is the combustion seal, flue pipe & of course the gas pipe connection ? It should not, IMHO, extend to the wiring, so can one of you MOD's please explain why that last thread was stopped ? What can & can not be talked about and who is making those decisions to pull the pug ?
I do know that it is not easy to control but this should be an open proses if this fine institution is not going to end up as just a joke telling site interspersed with a few posts asking how I can get into Plumbing.
CW
i believe its because the cover is part of the air supply to burner, so should be gsr

Guys. I welcome your views but I'm moving this thread to the arms. I'd rather we show a united front in open forum.

My understanding of it is. An electrician can wire a boiler as long as a GSR is there to check it. Most of the time a boiler is wired though it has to be comissioned afterwards anyway.

Some one better tell City & Guilds (& summit skills) who set what plumbers have to know, cos the L3 includes 100+ hours of electrical installation all around wiring heating systems & boilers but there is no requirement for them to go on to do there gas !!
If we go down that road then only a plumber with an un-vented ticket will be able to wire-up an immersion just in case. There are always cross overs & demarcation points, for that matter should we be touching any wiring if we have not been electrical trained ?? (& I am not talking about a Part P ticket)

It's the blame factor "where there's blame there's a claim"

yes your honour my client was advised by bod from the Ukpf , o he was , was he.

office to get bod's bum in my court so we can sue him

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been in a course, when I was on the cards, that they said enabled me to wire a boiler via a plug as long as the flex wasn't more than 2 meters long.
I don't know how legit it was or if it was some in house type thing, but as far as I'm aware, we can wire via a plug we just can't fit a spur.

You also realise by telling someone how to repair there own boiler your doing a legit gsr guy out of a potential job

it could be a delineation problem imo,
Sparkies forum is for sparkies only.
Plumbing forum is advertised as for diy and professional plumbers.

Sadly these days everything is down to liability. Although changing a stat on some boilers may not involve anything gas related it still could have a detrimental effect on the safe operation of the boiler. It's a hard job to decide what's acceptable information to give out on public forums and what's not.

As I said to Chris in a pm, the reason I closed the thread in question was because, 9 times out of 10, the case has to removed to access the wiring point. It wasn't having a pop at the 2 guys in that thread but more to stop have a go heroes coming along after the fact, reading that and then taking the case off to wire in rf. I don't just think here and now but also what could be.

Wiring a Vaillant requires the combustion cover to be removed. So you have to be gsr to wire it or a least checked by a gsr before being fired after its been wired.

We should close the Central Heating Forum. People see the words "Central Heating" and think of boilers. It's getting beyond a joke the amount of gas boiler related threads that are reported and closed EVERY day from the CH Forum. Rads and all the general heating topics could easily be discussed in the Plumbing Forum instead.

No one likes to see lots of closed threads containing the same GSR rhetoric, but unless there's change, it will just keep going on forever in the CH Forum.

Have been informed by gsr in the past that when cover of boiler is removed its classed as gas works.The problem being is that alot of people come on here with my boiler is doing this or that and expect an answer to possible problem .As for sparks doing anything on the heating then they are welcome to it as from my experience of sparkies and heating i have yet to find one that can wire in a plug for a boiler never mind a y plan

Change it to the boiler forum, put a big sticky on it. Saying gsr,s only given advise.

What you need is when you click on the central heating forum is a notice prior opening the page saying only cylinders ,pumps,rads etc to be posted here

I know 4 regulars on here that have gained profitable jobs from us eyes in the sky closing threads , saying put a post in the I need a plumber section.

so that's like erm us generating work from the forums for each other

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Firstly, I would ask the agent for a copy of...
Replies
Views
N
If you follow manufactures guide lines cant go...
Replies
Views
P
A happy ending I hope. These things happen...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
M
Incidentally, you dont need cg239-1 for...
2 3
Replies
Views
sparky3366
S
I
Hi fuzzy. After an interview with the ceo in...
Replies
Views
innertemple
I
Back